Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Been a while, but unfortunately it's going to be a little longer for me as I'm going on vacation on saturday for a fortnight. However, I do still want in, and am happy for you to start up without me....

---------------------------------------

Coruscant

*Deac spins around*

Deac: What the hell? I suppose it wouldn't be the first time I've heard voices.

NOR THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE ACTED ON THEM...

Deac: You're right, I suppose...

*Deac feels somehow he knows where he's going, and walks out of the NRI building, following toward wherever he is supposed to go...*

((Ok, I'll do a little catch up, Bilbringi is going to have to wait until tomorrow though.))

Hyperspace

*Six hours later Flax and Allessa occupy pilot and copilot's stations on the CORT.*

Flax: Reversion in, 3, 2, 1, MARK!

*Hyperspace shatters into white lines and then pinpick starlights. Out the foward viewport the part see a large spacedock orbiting a mid-sized rocky planetoid, only one ship is docked, an old MC80 Star Crusier, Defiance.*

Flax: Darklighter Station, this is the Black Wolf requesting clearence to land on the NRS Defiance

*A gutteral, masculine voice responds.*

Control: Transmit clearence codes.

Flax: Transmitting..... *hits switch.*

Control: Codes recieved, land in bay twelve.

Flax: Negative Control, we'll land in the main hanger.

*A pause, and when the voice comes back on it sounds even more gutteral, and perturbed.*

Control: Affirmative.

*The CORT slips into the Crusier's main hanger and sets down. The ground gather at the ramp and Flax hit's the hatch release. As the ramp drops the group here the noises of a busy hanger bay, the whine of repulsor lifts and the cursing of mechanics acompanied by the grinding and crackling of broken machinery.*

Flax decends the ramp, at the bottom is an aged mechanic in a dirty grey flightsuit, bald, human and portly he finishes cleaning his hands with an oily rag; snaps to attention; salutes; and cracks a smile.*

Chief: Welcome home, Commander.

• 5 weeks later...

((Excuse me, I've been homeless.

DEAC I HOPE YOU'RE STILL AROUND.))

Coruscant

*Hours, perhaps longer, Deac arrives at what appears to be an immense garbage dump. Something in the back of his head tells him to stop, at the edge of countless kilometers of the twisted remains of innummerable... things.

The voice speaks once again in his head, tiny in timbre, but suddenly crystal clear.*

Voice: Are you the only one left?

*Something coalsces in the air in front of Deac, shimmering like fog.*

Voice: The guardians of peace and justice are turning on each other. While friends parry friends' blows, the world eats itself. Soon now. Too soon. Almost too late to stop.

*The pearly mist drifts, one moment appearing almost humanoid, the next switching to a form more indeterminate.*

Voice: Once I destroyed planets with a snap of my fingers. Now with you, I will redeem myself. Oh, and I have waited for this, Deac Starkiller. I have waited for a very long time.

To Be Continued.

((I got the title in there before I finished! Okay, anyone still alive?))

Archived