Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

Elysium: Blackwald

Riebe held up the frozen piece of bark. "Wood does not freeze this solidly on its own," she said. "That tells me it had help... and not the help of some natural disaster. Somebody or something can create ice... or manipulate temperature to have the same effect." She gestured to the dead, frozen squirrel as further proof.

"And what is this..." Alyssa began, but her voice trailed off as she found herself at a loss for words to describe the center of the clearing.

"Looks like a landslide," Riebe observed quietly. "Only the land doesn't seem to have had a place to slide to..." She glanced curiously at Idona. "I'm going to assume by your lack of puzzlement and that you brought us to this place that you know what happened here... at least in part."

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imperial Base, Datacore

*Underneath the hood, there is... nothing.

"Nobody"'s clothing falls to the floor, boots toppling over, lightsaber slipping from hollow gloves and clattering on the floor, blade automatically shutting off. The figure is left holding the empty hood.*

----------

Shadow Base

Farran: You said you were going to explain. What is all this supposed to explain?

Aren: I'm showing you the game, Ariel.

Farran: Game?

Aren: What else can you call this? The lives we're forced to lead... a complicated series of moves and countermoves to get to your goal. You were a Blade once. You should know about the game.

Farran: What are you getting at? This game, what's the point?

Aren: What do you think? Coming out on top. That's always the point, no matter how altruistic you pretend to be.

Elysium: Blackwald

Idona: When I left the restaurant I was briefed on what happened here. We have recorded the entire incident actually. There were a couple of reasons why we came, one is just so you can brush up on your hunting and tracking skills another is to see how much I may have to teach the young ones *motioning to Alyssa and Godwyn*. What else can you tell about this clearing?

Elysium: Blackwald, another part

Odin: That depends on Blade Nereli, and if he will give Orion permission to do as she promised me…

Drago’s Office

*A holographic image of Idona dressed in her ceremonial armor appears on the table*

Holo Idona: Good day. This program contains a detailed briefing of the Heloki threat, it is recommended you play through the entire program multiply times before engaging the Heloki, to do otherwise may result in sustaining heavy loses to any force sent to engage them.

In the future you may skip this part, and may access various parts of briefing by simply asking me which area you would like to go to. Now please pay attention, this could mean the difference between life and death for thousands.

*The image of Idona fades out, replaced by a lush Earth like world. A large number of ships of varying design can be seen leaving the planet, as they leave the planet fire from unseen sources begin to rip through the fleet, as the ships try and dodge unseen assailants six Helkan class ships leave the planet, they begin taking fire after a little while, however soon after passing the ozone layer the begin to Helkan ships disappear, an explosion rip the engines apart on the sixth vessel setting it adrift, with five of the Helkcan ships gone, what remained of the Heloki fleet flees back towards the planet. While this happened Idona continued to speak:*

Holo Idona: Several weeks ago the Heloki managed to break containment, by using a new Helkan class vessel with as of yet an unknown drive system. It is these Heloki whom managed to escape that are threatening colonies along the outer rim and are a possible danger to even more populated worlds.

It is estimated that each Helkan vessel holds possibly 200 to 250 Heloki, giving a total of 1,250. A small number it would appear but these Heloki can easily destroy colonies with hundred times their number. Killing ten thousand colonists is mere play to the Heloki, the colony was likely assaulted for food, and practice.

*The image of the world is replaced with a Heloki, claws extended and walking*

There a number of different types of Heloki, however they all share common traits and habits. First while the Heloki appear and act like animals they are far from then. They are very intelligent and cunning. They communicate through growls, purrs, roars, and chirping sounds very similar to Wookies. Their coats provide natural camouflage, which helps them to excel at ambushing their targets. While capable of using modern fire arms Heloki prefer to kill in close.

This is done with retractable claws that can easily shred through the toughest of armors. These claws also allow the Heloki to climb walls and crawl on ceilings where they drop down onto their prey. Besides their claws Heloki are fond of using their teeth to rip out the throat of their targets.

Other then claws and teeth, Heloki are extremely fast, with Jedi to near Jedi like speed. They also are able to leap to heights that only one trained in the force could reach. Still with all of this it is rare that Heloki will engage in straight combat. Instead they use guerilla tactics and will retreat if the conditions are not in their favor. They are extremely patient and will wait to strike until conditions favor them.

Of the many types of Heloki, there are only a few breeds you may be facing. Unfortunately the exact composition of the forces is unknown at this time.

*The image of the Heloki is replaced by one of each breed as Idona describes them*

The primary warrior breed of the Heloki is the Heshan. Heshan are the strongest of the Heloki, and can easily be identified by the lack of markings on their fur. Usually the fur is tan; however it can also be white, black, or orange. Other then strength the Heshan are average Helokis.

Scouting is usually done by the Lekins. These are slightly smaller heloki averaging at a height of 6 feet. They have keen eyesight, hearing and sense of smell. They can hunt equally at night as well as during the day. While Heloki are amazing quiet the Lekins make no sound regardless of terrain. They can be identified by their spotted coats.

Tiekers, are usually seen as commanders of Heloki forces. They can be identified by their stripped coats. Besides commanding the Heloki forces, Tiekers tend to be snipers and solitary ambushers, creating havoc where they go, perhaps the deadliest of them all.

The final breed you may encounter is the Shetas. These are the fastest of the Heloki, using hit and run tactics to break up a line and cause confusion. These Heloki have a smaller frame. Their powerful legs also allow them to leap the highest of the Heloki.

Unfortunately we do not know the exact composition of the Heloki that escaped. The other breeds of Heloki are not well suited for war so the likelihood of encountering them is very slim.

With the overview of the Heloki finished, it is time to look at their usual methods of attack which can be surmised by stealth. The Heloki when coming to a target will first watch it, and infiltrate it to gain intel. They will also set up multiply escape routes in case things turn against them.

Once enough information has been gathered the Heloki will begin to snatch individuals whenever there is opportunity. Usually this means when an individual is alone, or at night. This tends to result in fear, panic and confusion, allowing the Heloki to easily take their target and generally feast on the populace. In the past the Heloki have been known to take a few captive, and treat the captives as cattle.

To counter this, one must use stealth as well. If the Heloki see you coming they will flee, or set traps, and lie in ambush. When Heloki are discovered on a planet blockading that planet to try and contain them is a bad idea. The Heloki will be warned of your presence and given the capabilities of their ships they will flee the system probably before you are able to bring your weapons to bear, more on the space capabilities of the Heloki later.

A fleet should be position on the edge of a system, troops then should be shuttled planet side. It must be down with patience, be prepared to take a few days to set up a staging area that has to be well fortified. The New Republic ill equipped or prepared to effectively do a quick assault on the Heloki. Trying to do so would most likely result in the destruction of the assault force.

The best composition of forces would be Jedi followed by soldiers well trained in hand to hand combat, with sword, or similar weapons. Ranged weapons tend to prove futile as the Heloki can close distance too quickly. Properly trained Jedi can match Heloki for speed, and stand the best chance. Historically when ancient orders similar to the Jedi fought the Heloki, they sustained at times heavy loses especially in early engagements.

Non-force users should undergo weeks of advance melee training, and never placed in groups of less then five. Smaller groups have a tendency to disappear, and at times are used as an example…

*The image switches to the outside square of a town, gently swaying in the breeze are four bodies, as the camera zooms in on them it becomes apparent that the skin was removed from each of the bodies*

Holo Idona: These four were among the best warriors this planet had. Their commander sent them on a scouting mission, after not listening to our advice. The Heloki took them, removed their skin and hung them in the center of this town after they butchered everyone in there.

*The image turns to show inside some of the buildings were the bodies of men, women and children could be seen, all cut up, a few with missing limbs and unrecognizable faces*

Normally Heloki only kill for food, when angry though they will destroy entire cities and leave the bodies of the ones they killed. A dead Heloki though is rarely seen unless an entire unit or band of Heloki are destroyed. They do this to help create terror in their enemies. What follows now are recordings of Heloki attacking and killing; it is recommended you study these to gain at least a partial understanding of what you will be facing, a number of these recordings were taken by the Heloki to document their kills.

*The image now changes to Heloki, almost crawling through the foliage, stalking a man in a full suit of armor. A twig snaps causing the man to turn and see the Heloki. Without warning two other heloki come from the sides, one claws severe the man’s head, the other Heloki’s claws remove the man’s legs.

The image switches again, buildings pass by in a blur, on either side are Shetas and in the front are a group of humans running. The Heloki close quickly, the image suddenly begins to rise high above the ground and descends directly in the midst of the humans, the two other Shetas following closely behind. Blood splatters onto the camera lens as claws slash across a woman’s neck.

For the next hour, the images change showing the Heloki in action as they stalk and kill targets, and lay in ambushes for heavily armored patrols. The final scene shows a large open field, with tall grass. On the far side an army of humans begin to approach. Halfway to the camera the humans begin falling the ground, with short screams, shortly after this Shetas began leaping into the air and in the middle of the army, then leaping out to disappear into the grass, on their leap out they would often be carrying a human and letting the man fall back to the group at the apex of the jump.

The army becomes disarrayed as the Heloki attacked from every direction, commanders tried vainly to keep their men together but the line was faltering. The grass then began to move as a wave towards the humans. When the wave reached the failing army Heshans rose up and drove into their ranks. Shortly after the soldiers were running wildly, inevitably they would fall in the grass and would not be seen standing back up.

The camera jumps forward to the actual battlefield. Heloki are seen dragging their victims across the ground, the only dead on the field are the human soldiers. The final image the camera shows is a Heshan eating an arm like a turkey leg*

Holo Idona: Heloki space capabilities have in the past been limited. Recently though they unrevealed their Helkan ships. These ships are able to engage their faster then light drives shortly after leaving a planets atmosphere. We have captured one of these vessels during the Heloki’s break of containment. These ship have an impressive amount of armor surrounding the hull, the main weak point is the ships engines. There are no external weapon systems, or mounts for weapons. This combined with the unknown FTL drive leads to the conclusion the vessels were designed purely to escape a system.

*The image changes to a rotating view of a Helkan, the stats running along side of the vessel*

It was also discovered these ships contain a large number of smaller drone ships. These drone ships have large amounts of explosives in their nose. It is believed that the drones will be used as a screen to help the Helkan ships escape a system. Given the positions of the explosives, and the speeds the drone can reach they will also likely be used to ram another vessel.

*An image of the drones along with other statistical info replaces the Helkan*

Alerting the Heloki to your presence will potentially cause them to flee the system. These vessels make that very easy for them to do. By no means try blockading a planet it will prove futile. More importantly the Heloki may immediately attack another colony and leave the remains of that attack as a warning to you not to interfere any further. They have done this in the past and it is likely they may do it again.

This ends the briefing, and should contain all the information you will need to defeat this particular band of Heloki. If it doesn’t and there are areas you feel must be expanded upon or clarified, then please contact us via Gladsheim Station. When making the request, be sure to indicate which areas you would like expanded upon which respect to this briefing

We know you have at least viewed this briefing once and will be happy to answer further questions now you have a much better idea of what you are facing. This leads me to the final part.

Halren Flax requested, we send people to train soldiers in order so they are prepared to face the Heloki. Upon due consideration of the request, Lord Odin has agreed to it as long as these conditions are meet:

1. No more then 2500 soldiers will be trained and they must be among the best the New Republic has, with prior combat experience.

2. A planet with a wide range of environments, including artic, dessert, and forest zones is used. It will be up to you to select such a planet.

3. The Valkyrie trainer’s orders will be followed. They will be there to make sure the selected soldiers can face the Heloki. Their teaching methods may at times be strange, but there is a purpose to all of it even if it is not apparent. Do not question them, or try and contradict their orders.

4. The Valkyries trainers are also to be shown the respect that their positions warrant.

The request for trainers can also be submitted via Gladsheim Station. Good Luck.

*Kioet continues walking down the hallway, towards the location of the signal, and sees a door to his left, it appears locked, so he sets the time for 5 seconds on one of his detonators, and attaches it to the door*

Kioet (to himself/comm): Time to field test this armor.

*Kioet takes one step back as the timer starts counting down*

Imperial Base: Datacore

*Irvine senses the sleeper's presence had suddenly stopped. He pauses trying to grasp what is going on, but he can't sense a force presence. Irvine not using this sort of sensory with this power to a sleeper with out a presence in the force, he couldn't tell where this sleeper was. Just that if the sleeper got closer he'd feel the sleeper's power much more. As for direction he had no clue.*

Irvine *thoughts* 'This sleeper... Does he know where I am, and can he sense me...?' *verbally to himself* "Although the question is now, should I have worry to this sleeper, or should I take one of these portals and flee?"

*Irvine throws back on his hood and walks over to a console and attempts to access the security system with no aval. Deac's meddling had damaged the circuts.

He glances over at the portals still active.*

'I suppose I can wait, I always have an exit.'

*Irvine pulls over a chair and sits in it backwards facing the hatch.*

*Irvine remained in his seat, all the shrapnel from the explosion had veered away from him. He looks at this new person for a moment.*

Irvine "You know something about those old-style hatches? You have to turn the big round thingy in the middle a little bit to un-dog the hatch so you can open it. Not blow the damn thing up."

Kioet to Irvine/over comm to Aren: You're that person from Tatooine that almost destroyed my shuttle! But something is different....ah yes..I remember...from the holorecording... Now that that is out of the way, I must inform you that my boss has been expecting you, now come with me or that door won't be the only broken thing in this dump.

*Irvine examines Kioet, taking close consideration of his attire. He silences his force presence.*

Irvine "Telling by your armor I say that your boss is Raven Darkholme. I don't desire to see him anymore. He doesn't consern me."

NRI Building, Bathroom

*Deac and the techs plunge out of a shimmering portal, much to the surprise of Beler Jil, who stands at a urinal, relieving himself*

Jil: What the ****?

Deac: *Not noticing Jil is somewhat busy* Hmmm. Odd. Why here?

Jil:*Somewhat angry* Starkiller? What the hell are you doing here in the restroom while I'm trying to take a leak?!

Deac: Got compromised, had to take a portal back here from the research base. You wouldn't believe the trouble we had to take to get this datacore. I guess all the residual energy from when this had a portal device in it drew us here, like an anchor.

Jil: This is the last time I ever have laboratories, even destroyed ones turned into laboratories. Now do you mind?!

*Deac and the techs carry the datacore out, somewhat embarressed.

((Deac, you have a speeling mistake.))

Bilbriggi, Now

*Agric's newly arrived Imperial Fleet hangs in high orbit, with several of the ships already in Spacedock undergoing refits.

*On His Command Ship Agric sat in the throne room, Admiral Vares nealt infront of him.*

Vares: My Lord, the Yaga Minor fleet is holding station as you ordered, so far the Admirals have caused no problems.

Agric: Good, I would prefer not to have them killed, it would make things more difficult. What of the IIB Director? Has he been found?

Vares: My Lord... He is dead. It appears to have been suicide.

*Despite Vares apprihention at the news Agric throws back his head and laughs.*

Agric: Really? I expect it would appear to have been so. I expect it will also appear to have been suicide. What of the Imperial Beurocracy?

Vares: Many of the other department and service heads are also dead, some suicide, some "unfortunate" accidents.

Agric: Really? The day gets better and better!

Defiance II, Drago's Office.

Drago: Well.... I take it all back. Do you think I should have Hal Blood-Eagled?

Sellenna: No.

*Kioet stops firing, dodges the chair, then throws his rifle*

Kioet: hahahaha.

*Kioet silences his voice output so only Aren can hear what he's saying*

Kioet: Sso, thiss...Irrvine iss ussing a lightsssaber, thiss armor iss more than adequate to withsstand that, correct? Do you really want him alive?

Jedi Temple,

Just before Cracken's death.

*Flax senses the exstinguishing of Cracken's force presence along with that of his daughter. At the same time the creeping darkness all the Jedi have sensed is revealed as a new, coherent presence in the force, dark and cold.

A new Sith Lord.*

Flax: Oh Gods!

*Irvine catches the rifle with his left hand and grabs it by its handle, aiming it at Kioet. He notices that the lizard's jaw is moving through the mask, but he can't make out any words.*

Irvine "Either which way, you're still employed by someone, and that someone gave you that armour. Seems like you need it to get me."

((OOS: Actually, Kioet's jaw is covered by the mask, which is immobile. You can't tell if he's speaking through it. [it doesn't look like the suit in R15's sig. XD]))

Imperial Base: Datacore

Aren: You're correct, your armor should be sufficient to stop his lightsaber blade. On the other hand this being has some unknown supernatural powers. Your armor is enhanced to deal with some of that, but if he's about to kill you, feel free to use lethal force. Right now I recommend using your suit's integrated weapons. The flamethrower, lightning, frostthrower and toxic cloud weapons, specifically. You should be able to mentally control the lethality. If you want more defense, you've still got the cortosis-alloy staff on your back.

*Kioet puts his right hand out, towards Irvine*

Kioet: Catch this.

*Lightning shoots forth at Irvine's face, Kioet activates his jetpack and launches above Irvine, then fires off a cloud of toxic spray upon him, Kioet then cloaks before landing then unslings his cortosis-alloy staff*

*Irvine catches the lightning with his lightsaber and takes a few steps back while Kioet launches his jetpack. However Irvine is caught off gaurd when the toxic spray hits him. He coughs his way out of the cloud and hugs a wall.

As he touches the wall he loses sight of him from the corner of his eye, and he spins around to see nothing in the room.*

Archived