Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

Bilbringi

Commander "Yes my lord."

*The commander points to two troopers and then the down trooper. Immedately they come and grab him by the arms and feet.*

Commander "My lord, a minute while in transit?" *pulls out a data pad* "Here's a brief listing of the vessels currently in port, I'm sure you'd wish to read this, My lord. Of course to mention a couple of the newer capital class ships are undergoing some refit. Like for instance the Eclipse Class 'The Fade', is nearing completion."

-------------------------------------

Tatoonie, Cantina

Irvine *after looking at Farran, he turns...* "Barkeep! More drinks if you please." *turns to Aren.* "I got the drinks, you got the info... 'So why are we all here?' ...Which I'm sure thats what they're thinking I'm sure, of course I no doubtfully am curious."

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Deac is somewhat unsurprised by these images*

Deac: Figures, I guess. They wanted to know how Syrnl got so powerful in such a short space of time. It's not surprising they were monitoring me. I suppose these... *he points at three figures, labelled 043 and 044, both marked "Terminated"* are Beta and Gamma. That just leaves... a mech? *He gestures at 045* What the hell?

And... *he points at another figure, not numerically listed, marked ACTIVE. Unlike the other three figures this one also has the superimposed image on it.*

No...no they couldn't have...that's impossible...

Beler: What?

Deac: If those symbols mean what I think they mean...

((Scar, that's just an excuse for bad RPing. These people owe no allegiance to Agric, and military officers don't just switch loyalties like that AND act as if they have ALWAYS been loyal to this person. At the very least there would be an awkward silence considering there's just been an assassination attempt on the person your Commander is clearly trying to curry favor with.))

Jedi Temple, Hangar

*Kaya joins Alessa and Flax in the hangar*

Kaya: Have you spoken to Skywalker?

----------

Bilbringi

Thiou: ...Forgive us, there have been dissensions... *He stops, realizing what Agric said* Your personal guard, my Lord?

----------

Coruscant, NRI HQ, Computing Dept.

Tech: It seems Palpatine was less worried about Syrnl's power than how Syrnl could be ideally used. Originally the Imps were trying to find a connection between what they referred to as Type Zero Magic, the Sleepers, and the Avatars. They found no connections to the Avatars, though Type Zero and the Sleeper powers were related. Then they tried to duplicate the Avatars. Those experiments led to something else.

*A sequences of images shows a series of dead bodies, all marked TERMINATED by the text running along the bottom of the file footage images*

Tech: The experiments of this installations were kept secret from all other installations, to ensure word never leaked to Cracken. They were trying to create a trump card for Cracken. According to these files they theorized that a Force-sensitive Avatar bearer would be ideal for the incubation of their... creation.

*The tech presses a button. A holo comes up of a shifting mass of light inside a cylindrical container*

Tech: They put something in Syrnl. And they put something in you. Masked, apparently, by the presence of the Avatar... undectable by anyone. Even the Avatars themselves.

*Kioet lowers his weapon, without holstering it,leans back against the bar table, and scoffs*

Kioet: Well, I don't know about you all, but I'm out.

*Kioet leaves the cantina, and walks out onto the dusty street and makes his way to the docking bay where his shuttle is docked*

((Ack, sorry about skipping Tatooine))

Coruscant, NRI HQ, Computing Dept.

Tech: We... don't know, exactly, sir. We're still going through the files now that the decryption is complete. We have the complete description of the ah... creations, but we frankly don't understand the concepts the Imps were dealing with. They were handling material harvested from another dimension, sir... the one the Imps called, and we began calling as well, since they discovered it first... Universe Zero. The dimension your alien friend comes from... Termand Rwos. We were hoping perhaps... *He looks at Jil*

((Deac, feel free to play fill-in-the-blanks ;)))

----------

Mos Eisley Cantina

Aren: He'll be back when he realizes his shuttle's been stolen. In the meantime, Irvine, I'll just cut to the chase. I'd like to propose... shall we say... an alliance.

Farran: What?

Aren: In case you're considering just getting up and leaving, I encourage you to hear me out. I'm not proposing this lightly... believe me. I have reasons. Reasons you might like to hear.

*Upon arriving at the docking bay, Kioet sees that his shuttle has disappeared, in its place lies a VT-49 Decimator, a wary Mon Calamarian is sitting on the exit ramp*

Kioet: What the hell is this all about? Where is my ship!!? Answer!!!

Mon Calamarian: We had a deal. You were supposed to contact us once you located the ruins on Thyferra. We tracked your vessel, you were there, but you did not contact us.

Kioet: I found nothing there. Just a bunch of bacta plants.

Garstan: Nice try. *Garstan activates a holorecording, showing Kioet searching the wreckage*

*Kioet laughs*

Kioet: I should have known about the orbital satellites, but how were they able to track my cloaked vessel? How did you know where to find me?

Garstan: We weren't tracking your vessel.

((I dont mean to argue red & bd, but take in consideration that:

1) such said commander/O-5 should have been in the military for let's say between 15-20 (heck even 25) years.

2) in this 15-20 years he should have seen both Palpatine/Vader and Cracken deal with their underlings.

3) So for a third new lord to come in, such said O-5, should be aware enough to not question his superiours and follow-through with orders with no question.

4) ... Or else it would be his neck crushed via the force.))

*Mos Eisley Cantina*

*Irvine leans back in the chair looking stright at Aren.*

Irvine "Go on."

Tech #2: I'm afraid we can't tell what it is...

Beler: If it were harmful it's safe to assume you'd be dead by now. As for this kind of data...Deac...we need you ex-dimensional friend on this one.

*Deac reaches for the comm Rwos gave him*

Deac: Uh...Rwos...if you can hear this...we need some help. The Empire's found some info on the Sleepers, plus a whole load of other stuff we were wondering if you could help us with.

*Deac meanwhile is transfixed on the readout of the experimental subjects. The mech, and the other one, 087....*

-------------------------------------------

Enoy

*An unimpressive mining planet in Imperial Territory. Recently, reports of a disturbance reached the Imperial Sector overseer, reports of a rogue force adapt. A team of anti-jedi crack troopers has been sent to track him down*

Commander: Ok team, this guy's a total nut, and killed a few troopers. We're going to bring him down. Adepts!

*Two sith apprentices move up*

Adept: I can sense him. It's a fairly strong life force, but the force energy is fairly weak. We should be able to down it in no time.

Commander: Ok. MOVE OUT!

*The team rushes over the ridge to find a crimson figure in the centre of a blast crater, it's eyes burning with fire.*

Commander: By the...

*The soldiers open fire without hesitation. The figure turns to face them and begins to attack. Several soldiers go down to a crimson blade, while the rest scramble for cover. One of the sith adepts manages to link minds with the being, and hold it in place*

Adept: I've seen your kind of power once before, during the Vampire Crisis on Coruscant. I didn't realise there were more than two of you. Let's take a look inside and see what you-

*The adept reaches too far in and his head explodes in psychic feedback. However, the flame of the being burns out, leaving a battered human body in it's place. The surviving troopers run over*

Commander: Get him into a force cage and we'll take him back to Poderis for processing. We got any ID yet?

Trooper: Yeah, colony records give him no surname, no history before he got here. Turns out he had a wife and she got arrested a few weeks back, killed in the crossfire.

Commander: This thing got a name?

Trooper: Yeah...Gortick, apparently.

Bilbringi

Agric: Yes, he shows great loyalty to my brother, he was also capable of smuggling an illegal weapon into the palace and getting past all the defences to attack me at point blank range. Loyalty and intelligence are a rare combination. Such men should not be wasted. All that remains is to convince him I did not kill my brother.

((Scar, what Red said.))

Jedi hanger

Flax: Yes, we leave now, if you're ready. We'll make a short jump to a local shipyard and then board our transport. I'll explain more once we're safely in hyperspace.

Elysium

Idona: Then lets not delay any further, if everyone will come with me we shall arrive at our destination momentarily.

*Idona takes the hunters down a short path to the creak where a group of twenty Valkyrie Hunters were standing around in full armor, helms glinting a little in the sun. When Idona approaches they snap to attention and form into two lines. Idona give a brief nod.

Shortly after the water in the creak begins to be drawn into the air forming into a lage circle capable fo fitting three people abreast, within the circle blood red streaks of light randomly bounce along the sids, each time a bolt of light hits the side it splits in two. In seconds the inside of the circle is entirely red, there is a brief flash and the red is replaced by an image of a small village square.*

Idona: Lets go.

*The valkryies step through the portal first and are then followed by the Rwos, Gillian, Reibe etc. with Idona and two more valkyries bringing up the rear.

They find themselves in the center of a pristine village, a few droids wandered around, but besides that it was lifeless, and the only noise was the footfalls of the droids*

Idona: This is the first world they attacked and the first village that fell. Given the conditions on the outside the Heloki came in at night and slaughtered everyone and everything as they slept. We are told that it is here we should look for the trail, so spread out and look for something out of place.

I do warn you, the inside of the buildings are far different, many are rather bloody... Remember we have an hour to find what we seek.

Heloki Attack Site

"We have to be quick then," Reibe murmured softly. She gestured for Alyssa to move in another direction and headed for one of the buildings. She slipped inside and closed the door behind her, looking around in the dim light. Idona had been right; the interior was quite bloody, though it was not easy to see, for most of the lights had also been smashed.

Using the Force to aid her vision, she swept through the building in about ten minutes. Nothing. With a sigh, she left the building and headed for another. At that moment, Alyssa came out of the one she'd been searching.

"Did you find something?" Reibe wondered. Alyssa shook her head thoughtfully.

"Not really," she answered. "Just something I thought you might enjoy trying to fix when you have a little time on your hands..." She handed a heavily damaged datapad to Reibe and headed off for another building. Reibe stared at the datapad for a long moment. Then, she sat down, putting her back up against a wall and examining the datapad carefully.

"Maybe," she murmured. And with that, she went to work at whatever restoration she might be able to do on this datapad...

• 2 weeks later...

((Scar, all counterpoints I could make aside, your post just showed him reciting what you wanted Agric to know, devoid of human reaction, for example fear of getting his neck crushed, or respect for the power that could crush his neck.))

Village

*Gilian closes her eyes*

Rwos: What species lived here? What sort of civilization was this?

Gilian: Humans. Blood scent never lies.

*Rwos looks at his comm*

Rwos: I’ve received a message. One moment…

*Rwos steps aside and listens to Deac's message*

----------

Bilbringi

Thiou: ...I see, m'lord. Excuse me, I will see to the assembly.

*Thiou heads back inside the palace gates, face a mixture of suspicion and something else*

----------

Hanger

Kaya: I'm ready.

((BD, I'm not clear on what the Jedi use for transport at this point. Could you clarify? Or, feel free to skip ahead in the interest of time, unless other people are going to show up that I've missed.

Sorry for the incomplete post, will do the Cantina scene next I get a chance.))

Jedi Hanger

Flax: Then we shall depart.

*They board a non-descript looking YT-2000 with a rather worn appearence. Inside the ship is clean and very well maintained. They head the cockpit and Flax drops into the pilot's seat while Allessa takes the copilot's chair.*

Flax: Normally the Black Wolf would have a crew of five but this will only be a short hop Core-ward so we'll do without the gunners, they're glad to get some leave anyway.

*The Frieghter lifts off, then ignites her engines and roars out of the hanger.*

Bilbringi

*Some time later, the Council chamber.*

*The Council is already seated when Agric enters and takes the head of the table. Many of the seats are empty.*

Agric: Thankyou for coming. Now shall we deal with my sudden re-appearence first, or the attack on our Empire?

Bilbringi, Council Chamber

*After a short silence one of the council members, this one being short and somewhat older member whom sat leaning forward with his hands enclosed to one another in front of his face. Between his elbows which rested on the table was the report which envolved the Soldier attempting to assassinate Aleric. He looked at Aleric and simply spoke.*

Member "Yes, I'm curious Mi'lord, taking in consideration with the event earlier with your new body guard Mi'lord. I take it that you have an open mind and a williness for compassion and understanding, so I speak in plain words, Mi'lord. If Lord Cracken is gone, what of his Children? If we are to secure the Empire, now under your rule, can we assume that there is no threat to the Empire? I have read rumors of not just a daughter, but mixed reports of a son, possibly twins."

• 2 weeks later...

Cantina

Aren: Let's be frank. You have certain supernatural powers. Powers that boththe possibly deceased Cracken and the Trandoshan you just beat up share. I do not know where you acquired these powers, and I highly doubt you understand what they are. Would I be incorrect in assuming that you both do not understand and are curious about these interesting supernatural powers?

*Farran looks at Irvine and Aren with a look of disbelief on his face*

----------

Bilbringi

Council Member 2: *sounding disgruntled, but with an undertone of fear to his words* The issue of Palpatine's line seems irrelevant. You come here to take power, Agric. You clearly expect our allegiance. What claim do you have to the rulership of this now-fragile Empire?

Archived