Home

Cantina 14: The Guardians Of Peace And Justice

Deac

Coruscant: Jedi Temple

Godwyn: I have no problem with you overseeing this operation, however aren't you being a little presumptuous by appointing Master Starkiller before you have the council's approval to oversee the recovery?

Also are you sure Master Starkiller is the best choice for such a delicate operation?

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flax: forgive me, but I feel time is of the essence, had the Council been able to meet sooner then I would have waited for your approval but I felt the need to begin planning was paramount. I have every faith in Deac Starkiller, our primary concern must be to recover the Jedi and I can think of no one better for that task.

Does the Council have an alternative candidate in mind?

Godwyn: No, if you have complete faith in Master Starkiller that is fine. Since you are to oversee this operation I think it only prudent you give Deac instructions. Currently you are the most knowledgeable about this...situation. Just be sure he understands we do not want to go to war with the Empire again especially if it is over a small misunderstanding.

Coruscant

*A Foreigner-class ship touches down on a landing pad several kilometers from the Jedi Council.

The cargo bay door opens and five cloaked individuals walk out. Two of them wear a set of black robes, each follow another with tan robes. The fifth one whom walks out in the center wears robes that resembled worn by Jedi in the old order before the purge.

The center one removes his hood. The man appeared to be in his sixties, his hair was well into its graying, he had a thin bread.

Old Jedi "Begin your search for him. I hope he's not gotten himself into trouble."

*the Others* "Yes Master Volmount."

*Each bow and then depart, splitting into twos, respectfully Jedi and Padawan. The Jedi Master stood there in silence.*

Volmount "Chi, I wished you listened before..."

---------------------

Planet Horris: 25 years before

*A Llamada-class shuttle touches down on the strip. A Jedi in his mid twenties walks out holding a child.

The Jedi walks to the large fortress-like building nearby and is greated by a younger Jedi Knight Volmount. And they begin to walk inside...*

Volmount *with a smile* "Are we all of a sudden picking up strays, Chi?"

Chi "He was on the Imperial transport ship when we attacked it. It appeared that the care takers of the child died during the assault."

Volmount "Who was on the transport??"

*They enter the large building via two section durasteel blastdoors. Inside a command center with people scurring about passing intel reports and comunications recordings collected and sent via remote listening stations.*

Chi "I think we got some bad information. Well I mean that we did get those 'reps that were bound for Coruscant from Corellia. But it info that we got siad nothing about civilians. Fortunately not to meny got hurt. Only this little guy's, whom I think is his care takers."

Volmount "You sure it wasn't his parents?"

Chi "They were,... Let's say the wrong ethnic background..."

*Volmount raises an eyebrow* "Oookay."

Chi "Anyway, the manifest already labeled him a priority, and he was being cared by those two, and was only kept but a name: Irvine."

Volmount "Well I could check the hospital registeries that are relitively close to where that ship departed from, and see if any names popup, given that he was given that he was named when he was born."

Chi "I could get a blood sample from him, and see if that helps as well."

Volmount "Sounds good."

-------------------------

*Master Volmount presses a button on a remote, and the cargo door on his ship closes. He then walks out of the hanger donning his hood and going to a nearby speeder rental.*

Flax: As you say Master, I shall make sure he understands.

*Luke looks around the room.*

Luke: Then we are all agreed? Taklin will oversee the operation to recover our ancient friends.

*One by one the masters voice their accent, the meeting breaks up and the masters exit the Council Chamber.*

*As Flax leaves he waves Deac over.*

Flax: We need to talk, I'm sorry you were kept waiting but I had though the Council might like to address you. Walk with me.

*The two men decend several levels until they come to Flax' office. There was an outer reception area and an inner work room with a refesher.*

Flax: Take a seat. Let me explain why you have been called here. *He explains about the lost Jedi.* I want you to lead the rescue mission. You'll be working with an Admiral from Third Fleet, he'll handle the technical and logistical side but I want someone I know I can trust running this thing.

Obviously you'll be going into Imperial and that is, techically illegal. We don't want an incident so we're doing this very quietly.

Flax: Deac, I can't force you to do this.

Coruscant

*After Volmount gets his speeder, he begins pilotting his rented speeder down the endless streets of the planet-wide city...*

----------

Horris: 25 years ago...

*In an enclosed chamber sat five robed Jedi, and in a small carrage was the infant Irvine which stood next to Chi.

Among the Jedi were 3 Jedi Knights, Chi, Volmount, Na'tach a male zabrak, and two Master Jedi, Master Sa'nar a female human, and the eldest Master Ki'malor.

Volmount was giving a briefing with several holocrons active.*

Volmount "...Yes Master Sa'nar, dispite the fact that the Rebellian was able to destory the Empire's Death Star, it seems it could have been in vain, due to Darth Sidious undergoing the construction of a second Death Star. We've reason to believe that the construction..."

*Volmount touches one of the holographs and the image changes to what the Moddell system.*

Volmount "... is based off of one of the system's planets in the Moddell sector. This is a rough guess what the system's got, becuase intel is very limited. Planets here are kept moonless, for the most we know that the system has a few planets anyway."

*Volmount points to various points in the sector*

Volmount "Its also known that there are several Hyperspace eddies and sinkholes what would leave anyone hopeless to leave the Sector. Probably the reason why Darth Sidious would choose such a place."

Na'tach "It's a place where most people wouldn't want to go. Unless of course properly navigated. But isn't that system far out? And what about the Alliance?"

Chi "From what I've heard is that the Alliance is going to plan out an all out attack on the station."

Volmount *motioning to Chi for his comment* "Yes, this of course puts us at an unfortunate position."

Na'Tach "Indeed, our supplies and ships aren't ready to fully ally with the Alliance nor make our presence a factor with their efforts."

Ka'Malor "It's not about how much we have built ourselves, it's the fact that we've kept ourselves out of this war to eventually join in for a massive counter offencive on the Empire. Keeping an isolationist method of foreign affairs proves nothing but two facts. We keep ourselves hidden and protected while our forces do nothing but get larger, however it leaves our poetental allies to not only suffer in their numbers but also have little faith in us for we could have helped at any time."

Sa'Nar "Unfortunately this, Moddell sector, is on the complete opposite side of this galaxy. From this standpoint, it would take our ships forever it could seem to the Alliance. For all we know due to the speed of some of our intelligence gets collected, the Alliance have already formulated a plan to attack the Death Star."

*Chi and Volmount's eyes connect then look back at the others. Volmount turns off the Holoprojections.*

Volmount "In anycase from my predictions the best we could do, if we deploy now, we'd only help the inner rim asistance from any Imperial uprising, especally on Coruscant." *looks at Chi again.*

Ka'Molar *noting the two looking at one another* "Fine then. I suppose we should discuss a bit more on this later, shall we. On to another place of business. Jedi Knight Chi, I see you picked up something from the pound?"

Chi *not amused, he stands up* "Master, it seems that it has become appearent that this youngling is a very important individual."

Na'Tach "He is?" *smiling* "Now how would a little one like that be so important?"

Volmount "It's not who he is, it's whom he's related to."

*Chi activates a holocron with an image of the transport ship that Chi found Irvine.*

Chi "I found this youngling on a ship on my recent mission with the alliance, what was named operation 'Warm welcome'. The mission was entitled that I were to asist the Alliance with intelligence about a transport of Imperials en route to Coruscant for their inevitable capture and interrogation."

*Chi touches the holocron again, this time the 'onfile' images of the two whom were 'caretakers' for Irvine.*

Chi "On the ship's manifest these two were not one of the Imperials that were mentioned on the Intel that I received for the mission. They were takin care of the youngling there. On the same manifest, only a first name was given for him: Irvine."

Volmount "I and Chi were puzzled, why did an infant and two people whom werent supposed to be on that transport, were on their way to Coruscant."

Chi "We taken blood samples from the boy, and crossed referenced any hospitals that had births with an approximate date to when the boy was born for a possible Mother."

*Volmount touches another holocron, and it shows an image of a woman named "Aseria" and her DNA and two more sets of DNA, both imageless.*

Volmount "We found a close match. This woman and her DNA taken at the time matches with DNA in the boy. However..." *pointing to one of the other DNA structures* "This DNA was also found when we found the mother."

Sa'Nar "The boy's and that other one are nearly identical..."

Chi "Yes, twins. The other is a female. We have no data on the boy's sibling. All we know that it was given a name: Alysara Armenia Hideki. So it was assumed that the Mother's name is Aseria Hideki. We tired to cross reference anything we can find on a Hideki, found nothing, not even her."

Ka'Malor *whom is found this interesting* "After all this and resources spent you found the father?" *mentioning towards the last string of unnamed DNA*

Volmount "Yes. This is were it gets troubling. We managed to find a Cracken Hideki among a list of old Manifests to Corusant from Corellia months before the mother had the children. Only by word of mouth intelligence we were informed that this Cracken and this Aseria had a real hush-hush marrage. From what it mentioned after some more digging that his 'Cracken' was an admiral in the Imperial Navy. However nothing on what fleet he was in, what ship was his. Or even an outpost."

Sa'Nar "It's not nothing new, Darth Sidious has his various of secret projects, like those Death Stars he's built. But why would he abandon his own wife, and soon-to-be children! Even if its for the Empire, that's his children."

Ka'Malor "Easy now Sa'Nar, the Dark Lord had his servants work sometimes to the bone if he sees fit to it."

Volmount "Master Ka'Malor, thats not it! We tried to continue the search on the DNA results to find a sort of family tree, and we came up with one result for this Cracken's father!"

*Volmount touches the screen and then shows, what was then, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. The other three whom remained sitting suddenly sat up even strighter then they were.*

Na'Tach "Are you saying that we have the grandson of the Dark Lord of the Sith in our chambers?!"

Chi "Yes. What worries me isn't the Emperior, it is this Cracken Hideki Palpatine. If he's proficient with the force, no doubt that the Emperior has trained him in the ways of the Dark Side, even made him a Sith at that. This child must to remain dead to the universe, or else everything that we worked for will be lost..."

-------------------

Coruscant, presant day

*Thoughts of the past riddle through Master Volmount's mind as he races towards the Jedi Temple...*

*Godwyn leaves the council chambers and walks over to Reibe*

Godwyn: Thank you for waiting. I'll get to right to the point, I think you can help me in a task I've been undertaking. But before I get to that let me ask, what do you know anything about the Aesir?

Yaga Minor

*The Executor screams from hyperspace, along with her now 13 Star Destroyers. Cracken surveys the situation, and nods to Tojo. No verbal communication between the two were necessary anymore.

From the new fleet, squadrons of fighters poured out, all in a defensive formation, between his brothers fleet and his own. Alysara nudged Cracken through the Force witha subtle thank you. Cracken smiled, and keyed the comm on his chair. The holocam pulled down, and the holoprojecter warmed up, He wanted his brother to see him, now again in his prime, and laugh at his brothers age.*

Cracken: Good day, dear.... *tearsly* brother. What brings you back from the Unknown Regions?

Godwyn: From what I've gathered the Aesir are very long lived, I'm fairly sure they might even see you as a child. I am also pretty sure that they may posses many lost Jedi teachings.

No one knows where their home worlds are but they have recently revealed the location of a station that galatic powers can go to if they need to contact them. I will be heading there shortly and would like you to accompany me. I think your age and experience will be of great help in dealing with the Aesir.

Interested in taking a little trip?

Prisoner Cell

*Zey wakes up in the corner of a dark empty cell and looks around, she is still in her brown flightsuit and all that she can remember is bits and pieces...flying to Argonia in Kioet's shuttle, waving goodbye to Kioet as he got on the hovertrain to be transported to the training field, and checking into a hotel with some of the credits Kioet gave her before they landed. Her eyes adjust to the lighting, and she notices a slab of carbonite with a shape not unlike hers carved out.*

Zey: NO!!!

*Zey drops to the floor, unconscious*

Riebe seemed amused. "An ambassador from an older era... yes, I'd love to 'take a little trip'."

"Where are you going?" Alyssa asked, approaching them. Instead of answering, Riebe turned to Godwyn.

"As Alyssa was once my apprentice, would it bother you if I brought her along?" she asked. Alyssa laughed.

"I don't mind going," she said, "but I should like to know what exactly it is we are doing."

"We're going to pay a visit to the Aesir, if we can," Riebe answered. Alyssa frowned.

"I wasn't made aware that we knew where to find them," she said, surprised.

"Godwyn here says the Aesir have given up the location of a station to contact them," Riebe answered. She turned to Godwyn. "It is alright if Alyssa joins us, is it not?"

Yaga Minor

*Agric shows no reaction to Cracken's age, he himself seems only a little over forty, except for the white at his temples. He bows deeply.*

Agric: My Emperor, I was sent to the Unkown Regions by our father to acomplish a mission of vital importance to the Empire. I only recently learned of our father's death or I would have returned earlier to assist you.

Forgive my actions here but I have recieved....disturbing reports about a treaty with the Rebels but nevertheless I have returned, and completed my mission. Can you not sense them brother? They await the commands of their Emperor, you.

((i.e. the 3,000 trained Sith))

Prisoner Cell

*Zey regains consciousness and opens her eyes, and looks in wonder at the carbonite slab. She then remembers why it shocked her. It was the day Darth Vader turned Cloud City upside down. She used to be in a Cloud Car patrol, she hated it, but it payed and she felt very lucky to be off that day. She had a nice view of the docking platform that the Bounty Hunter landed on, she watched the suited figure depart his ship and wondered what he was up to. Later on that day while she was having some bantha stew at one of the cantinas, she heard rumors that Darth Vader himself, stopped by, and the Milennium Falcon had docked for repairs, and a Bounty Hunter was there to collect. She remembers going back to her room and watching out the window, and then shortly after sunset the Bounty Hunter and some security guards putting a slab of carbonite in the cargo hold, the ship taking off and shots being fired at it...after that day, nothing was the same.*

Zey to herself: Damn it, might as well check the door.

*Zey gets up slowly and walks over to the door, nothing happens*

Zey: oh come on!

Coruscant Jedi Temple

"Come on, Alyssa," Riebe chuckled. "I thought you were packing light!"

"I am," Alyssa retorted, emerging from her room with one small bag.

"Very well," Riebe said, shaking her head. "We'd best get going."

They headed off to hangar A2, where they would meet up with Godwyn. As they walked, Alyssa chuckled.

"What is it?" Riebe asked.

"Hangar A2," Alyssa answered. Riebe laughed. When Alyssa was younger, she'd been captured by cloners and brainwashed into thinking she was a clone of herself. They called her A2.

"I'm sure it was unintentional," Riebe told her former apprentice. Alyssa nodded and they entered the hangar together.

Archived