Home

Does KotOR Count?

The Doctor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah it counts.... Yet in my opinion the timeline should be altered.

This is how I see it:

Great Schism

10 Year Darkness... after a century the dark Jedi find Kooriban and Ziost along with the Sith race.

1000 years later.... the Sith/Dark Jedi return and The Great Hyperspace War begins.

100 years after the Sith Empire is defeated Freedon Nadd turns to the dark side.

400 years later Exar Kun turns to the dark side and the Sith War begins.

40 years later The Mandalorian Wars commence

Four years later... following the Mandalorian's defeat, Darth Revan's Sith Empire rises.

2 and a half years:Events of KOTOR. Malak is defeated and the New Sith Empire collapses into different sects. Infighting ensues and many Sith are killed.

1 Year Later: Revan leaves in the Ebon Hawk with HK-47 and T3-M4 to search for the long forgotten, origional Sith Empire he discovered as a Sith Lord. Canderous is sent by Revan to reunite the scattered Mandalorian clans for a unknown purpose. Canderous Ordo kills the "false" Mandalore's thus becoming the Mandalorian leader himself.

Five years later: KOTOR II, Darth Traya and her appretices Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion suddenly appear. They take control of the rogue Sith armies and reform what is left of Revan's empire. Once more the weak Republic is attacked and the Jedi are targeted specifically. The Order is left in ruins... The Exile, following her destiny along with other's defeat the Sith war lords. Remnants of Revan's empire once again are crushed.

A century later.... a Jedi master comes to the conclusion that the Jedi Order is too weak to protect the galaxy from itself based on the corruption in the Republic senate and the Republic's limited borders because of the last few hundred years of warfare. Seemingly realizing Darth Revan's vision he assumes the mantle of Dark Lord Of The Sith and travles to the origional Sith Empire gaining knowledge of the dark side. Now Darth Ruin he is exiled from the Jedi Order becoming one of the lost twenty but like the first dark Jedi before him turns many new Jedi to the dark side. The Third Sith War begins...

Another century passes.... after one hundred years of struggle the third Sith Empire grows larger than it's last two predeccessors. Despite such a victory, the Jedi Order still stands and the core worlds of the Republic are still beyond the Sith's reach. A war of attration has taken it's toll on both sides yet the Sith are numerically and militarilly stronger. Despite almost total defeat the Jedi Order now controls the Republic and launches a last ditch offensive. The Sith Empire is now controlled by Lord Kaan and his Sith Council. In-fighting ensues weakening a mighty empire.

The third Sith empire collapses into factions and the Jedi's offensive under Lord Hoth further weakens the Sith. Despite a common enemy the Sith continue to fight among themselves. Not only that but other species and organizations rebel against the Sith including the Hutts, the Echani, the Iridorians and the Mandalorians. The armies of the dark side are defeated again and again until their once galactic empire shrinks until the Sith are cornered onto a small planet in the outer rim called Ruusaan. The last battles end with Darth Kaan destroying almost all Jedi and Sith on Ruusaan with a "thought bomb". Only a small number survive... including the Sith Lord Darth Bane.

1000 years later... the prequels. Rest is history!

My chornology of these events are the same but the consequences and the time passed between them are altered. In my opinion the "Sith Wars" should be all the wars fought from the Great Hyperspace war until the Sith's final defeat on Ruusaan. According to EU sources there a thousand year gaps between the Sith wars. To me that's too long to be dramatic... so maybe a few centuries pass but the only thousand year gap is the one between the Great Schism and the first Sith War and the one between the last Sith War and the prequel trilogy.

Just my stupid opinion! Sorry for the thoughtless novel.... :toilet1:

• 2 weeks later...
I've asked around, and apparent;y, some people don't think that the KotOR games count as part of the EU. Does it count in your opinion? It certainly does in mine, but I want to know what you think.

I think KotOR counts as EU. Some of the story will not become mainstream. However, there are parts that fit the EU world nicely.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

you seem to have got it a little bit wrong alot wrong come to think of it.

kotor relates to events that happend (4,000 YEARS before the empire and the movie's relate( 4,000 )years after the old republic and sith empire if you have ever had any thing to do with the game it clearly states that the

events of kotor happend (4,000 )years before the empire even existed but the game also goes into bit of so guess i probley need to fill you in on what happend in the last 30,000 years bby

old history dateing back (30,000) years when tatoonie was a green planet sand people walked without wrappings they were not sand people back then because there was no sand they dared to reach the stars they had great citys then they got the attention of the builders the builders made them slaves to the machine then they distoyed the machines the builders didnot like this how ever so they fired a huge wepon at the planet laying waste to the ground the soil grounded to sand sand to glass ok on to say still around 30,000 years ago kashik was never a planet with a lot of trees the builders planted them super seeding the growth but the planet never worked out as a planet to grow food .ok lets skip forward to the year .32,000 years ago now this was when the great hunt begun the jedi started hunting the tentack an beast that feeds on jedi and is more powerful to the dark side or light side after about a thousand years the tentack wen't back to sleep but by the wars end only three remaind to hunt the beast they killed them ok now on to 33,302 years this was the war that the mandalorians had with exar kun and the republic

this contunied to the year 33,307 7 years before the mandalorian wars and the rise of reven in this time reven was still doing her training on dantonie because the jedi onclave on taris got distoyed during the last war she did 10 years worth of training under the masters then during that time the mandalorian's started bombarding worlds the second mandalorian war had begun

then nearing the end of that war reven joined in the fighting she rallied other jedi to join her then she sent HK-47 down to assinate clan ordo but in doing so hk 47 canderous captured hk on telos there fore reprograming it to assinate reven this did not go to plan because hk was lost somewhere on the planet and it will not be till 5 years after the war when hk will once again be reunited with them both and also during the mandalorian wars canderous had a name for his droid it was claws and if you probley rember if you played kotor he didnet whant to talk about it and a republic pilot carth blew it up causing him to be knocked out if it wasent for his dad he wouldent be one of the heros in the republic ok we probley know what happend from here it was the start of the jedi civil war and by the war end barly a thousand remaind

so any one that thinks it only a thousand years was extremmly wrong

rember it was (4,000 YEARS before the republic and the empire next time read up on your history

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I've asked around, and apparent;y, some people don't think that the KOTOR games count as part of the EU. Does it count in your opinion? It certainly does in mine, but I want to know what you think.

I think you mean Canon, if it's got star wars written on it and its not the one of the 6 movies its Expanded universe, whether it contradicts anything George Lucas wrote or agreed to have written is the question. KOTOR is definitely EU and to a certain extent Canon since a single storyline was established for each game, >>

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eu

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think you mean Canon, if it's got star wars written on it and its not the one of the 6 movies its Expanded universe, whether it contradicts anything George Lucas wrote or agreed to have written is the question. KOTOR is definitely EU and to a certain extent Canon since a single storyline was established for each game, >>

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eu

Actually only the Gender and Ending is established. The details are defined as a Blur on purpose. I mean, there is no real reason to canonize "Did Revan win that Pazaak game?" or even more trivial things like "Did Lady Exile wear that skimpy Dancer's Outfit?" or even "How did the Gizkas end up?" and "Are Bao-Dur's lightsabers pink with glitters?"

All we know is that Revan is LSM with all the plot characters survived (probably the romance too), and Exile is LSF with some sub-characters(things like Mira/Hanharr choice is deliberately not defined, as with Brianna/scumbag choice due to Male/Female selection).

Archived