Home

Server Hosting companies

Stryker412

AOWC is incredibly overpriced. However I would say they are the microsoft of game servers. They are cemented into the market, and you don't have to worry about them going anywhere. I have been on their servers and they are nothing special, but you are paying for customer service and support, and their server control panel, etc. So I guess the only time I would reccomend them is if you are A. paranoid about paying for server months in advance and them dissapearing, or B. Are a complete dumbass at running servers.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's no real "link" to this info. All I have is my e-mails back and forth to a Lucasarts producer. He said:

“making a separate manager app and rewriting the server code for linux is 2 very different things...but if he knows someone that does that stuff, always interested to hear about people”

To which I replied and gave him a name of someone I know who did the linux code for Call of Duty, America's Army, Unreal Tourny, etc.

I also got this response:

"I really am all for this, Stryker, and I’ll do whatever I can to help. Please understand that it’s just very doubtful. "

This was all way back on November 2nd.

So why waste our time by providing an incomplete game?

We don't buy these games for the Single Player Value (not entirely anyways) We take the game and build upon the growing Star Wars Community.

Creations of games that don't allow us to host on multiple OS hosted game servers has only been turning more and more people off of their 'respective' product.

I, as well as many of my clan members, will not be purchasing their games in the future unless we see that the game is put out on the market as a complete SP/MP game.

Until such a time, we will stay with what we have and try to complete the work that the company should have. >.<

Also, don't think we are just upset over this particular incomplete game. We've got some choice words for the creators of Kotor II and their uncompleted release.

It is unfortunate that Lucas leases out his name to companies who can't provide a full version upon release. I hope he chose a more competant companies in the future. =\

Archived