Home

The Musical Pandora(AKA wheels on the bus go round and round...)

Tyrion

http://www.pandora.com/

Pretty much, it's like a radio station in that it plays music, but it does so different than most conventional means. You type in either a band or song you like. It then comes up with some song that's supposed to sound like it; hence, it'll let you open up your musical tastes. Or something.

So far, it's pretty neat. But not too accurate...typing in "Strawberry Fields Forever" got me a Chicago song...

There is another thing a bit similar here, although it doesn't play music, merely suggest similar artists/songs to buy/download: http://cdideas.predixis.com/

They also do a fairly cool bit of software that analyses all your music on your pc and then you pick a song and it creates a playlist based on that seed song. Also comes as a winamp plugin.

I use the MusicMagic player to create instant short mixes based on my mood and its very handy. You have to get the pay version to create mixes over 20 songs though.

http://www.predixis.biz/index.htm

(note: if you've got a lot of music then the initial scan can take quite a while).

Atreyu (who for those who don't know is scream your brains out death metal)

Funny, I thought they were metalcore...

It told me Darkthrone has "composed melodic style"... And recommended Impaled Nazarene and some hardcore artists... Not too impressed.

And looking up The Sisters Of Mercy gave me Godsmack and Coal Chamber.

Fail. :/

Funny, I thought they were metalcore...

It told me Darkthrone has "composed melodic style"... And recommended Impaled Nazarene and some hardcore artists... Not too impressed.

And looking up The Sisters Of Mercy gave me Godsmack and Coal Chamber.

Fail. :/

which one?

I'm not so sure about the search engine, but the piraxis musicmagic software makes pretty good mixes. It DOESN'T do stuff that is all of the same genre.. but the stuff it does pick does always seem to mesh pretty well together... and a lot of it is stuff you'd never think of putting together.

That said, some songs confuse it entirely... it doesn't know what to make of Sigur Ros... but then they are usually pretty unique songs anyway.

Now there's a new sub group for you, I don't care what you call it, it's definately not like Bowling for Soup :p

It's just that metalcore is nothing like death metal. :p They're barely similiar.

Death metal wins, metalcore fails. :p

But let's not get any more into genres and sub-genres. ^_^

No fecking way...

Searched Feel Good Inc. (didn't have it)

it ended up on DARE by Gorillaz and I was bored so I told it to make a new list from it, then the first song it played was Aisle 10 by Scape Goat Wax, which is one of my favorite songs ever.

Man, this thing works. ^__^

Apparently I like music that "features electronica influences, mild rhythmic synopation, a vocal-centric aesthetic, minor key tonality and accoustic rhythm guitars."

Its true, I like the guitar. If anyone can give me the title of some accoustic rhythm guitar songs, tell me :p

*ba-bump*

Hmm, very interesting concept they've got there. As for accuracy, well...

The first song when I type Audioslave is Heaven's Dead by Audioslave - Great. Next is Someone Like You by The Trust Company - nice instruments, although the guy sounds like a girl in pain. Next in line is Of Montreal by The Stills - not my style, let alone similar to Audioslave. After that we have Earthworm Crisis by The Line - are they freaking kidding me? :xp:

When I typed in Ryan Adams (because he rocks so damn much) it came up with Jesse Malin, which was very similar; really good in fact. After that it said Centro-matic; similar but not as good.... :)

Archived