Home

NO YODA????!!!!!

matthujun

Okay, first thing is first, here is the link to the news

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1288

Ssd not in, legitmate and justifiable..

Interceptor and b wing not in, frustrating, but liveable...

BUT NO YODA? come on..

I mean, it's true he doesn't fight during the ANH nor shows up, but he is like the main/major hero in Star Wars. Besides, the empire has Palpatine and Darth Vader. I personally think we should have at least had him as a support unit, for example you get bonuses for gaining Yoda in you side.

Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no, delphi confirmed no yoda, which i think is good, jedi are annoying in games like this, yoda would be able to decimate armies

Delphi cnofirmed no heroes can wipe an whole army, so i guess we don't have to worry about that

And that's probably why he isn't in the game IMO.

true, but others like Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn never showed up in ANH either

In Fact, Yoda WAS THERE, on Dagobath in his Exile. So if you are Reb´s and get the Planet you should be able to get him.... maybe thats the reason why Dagobath is in the game.

It's not that. Jedi simply don't fit in this timeperiod at all. And that should be the number 1 reason why there should be almost no Jedi, or Sith, in game set in this timeperiod.

The Galactic Civil War wasn't fought and won by the Jedi, but by ordinary guys like you and me. It's a shame that SOE and their Star Wars Galaxies never understood this, but I hope that Petroglyph has.

hey, but for the sake of the star wars fans i think Jedi is a necessity in EaW. Petroglyph has to stick to the Star Wars timeline, but jedis are always fun to play with. :)

And although the civil war wasn't fought by the jedis/sith they greatly affected it. There wouldn't have been an Empire if there was no Darth Vader or Palpatine, as where there wouldn't have been the Rebel Alliance without the Jedis

It's not that. Jedi simply don't fit in this timeperiod at all. And that should be the number 1 reason why there should be almost no Jedi, or Sith, in game set in this timeperiod.

The Galactic Civil War wasn't fought and won by the Jedi, but by ordinary guys like you and me. It's a shame that SOE and their Star Wars Galaxies never understood this, but I hope that Petroglyph has.

Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, Darth Vadar, Obi Wan, and the Emperor (and maybe more)are in...You sure about that?

Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, Darth Vadar, Obi Wan, and the Emperor (and maybe more)are in...You sure about that?

Five people out of billions.... that qualifies as almost none.

So yes, he's sure.

As for Yoda, anyone wanting him in is a fool. First, there's no reason for him to be in it. Second, He doesn't fit into the time period. He doesn't help the rebels until Empire when he decides to train Luke, and even then, that's all he does.

So no, Yoda should not be in the game.

Yeah yoda was not key to the rebellion in the movies, however..... this game allows you to change history, is that not what they have been selling us. So maybe Yoda does help the rebels out if they control dagobah. I mean really Dagobah is on the planet list, what the hell else does that planet have going for it??? Cheap wood, creapy animals, a place to get away and unwind?

I don't know why people are saying Yoda did not have great impact on the story, but i think training Luke to be a Jedi is a major task already. And if we applied that analogy about him having very little influence, which seems to be most people's thinking(might be the lack of screenplay),to other characters, it would be exactly the same. For example, Palpatine never even had a screen during ANH, and even in ESB and ROTJ all he did was give message to Vader, and shoot Luke with lightning. Mon Mothma just said some gibberish during the attack on the second death star, and that was all. Yet she is still in the game.

And with the balancing of the Jedis, i guess it might be a bit unfair, but the fact is that sith always have only two "jedis" at a time while the "real" jedis have multiple, but sith might be a bit stronger. Also, they could have just added another sith to the empire by adding yoda in. True, yoda never dwindled his lightsaber, but at least put him as some sort of "blah" or a something like a "flag character"

Besides on the PFF forums Delphi already confirmed that Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade will NOT have Jedi powers in this game. Because it is before the time period when there powers are realized. So technically it is only Darth Vader, Ob-Wan, and the Emperor.

Besides on the PFF forums Delphi already confirmed that Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade will NOT have Jedi powers in this game. Because it is before the time period when there powers are realized. So technically it is only Darth Vader, Ob-Wan, and the Emperor.

Odd, for some reason I thought Mara had her powers. Certainly they weren't powerful and refined like they got to be later, but with the Emperor's enhancement she would have had the power to have taken away Luke's lightsaber while he was calling it to himself on the sail barge. She has powers, and they are realized.

Odd, for some reason I thought Mara had her powers. Certainly they weren't powerful and refined like they got to be later, but with the Emperor's enhancement she would have had the power to have taken away Luke's lightsaber while he was calling it to himself on the sail barge. She has powers, and they are realized.

Yeah thats what a lot of people are confused about at the PFF as well. Here is a link to check it out:

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1288

Here is exactly what Delphi said:

Nope, not unbalanced. Obi-Wan is far more powerful than you think. Also, heroes are meant to be used in combos with other units. You can use them individually, but don't expect to wipeentire armies with one guy.

Mara and Katarn are not considered Jedi in our game.[/Quote]

Archived