Home

NO YODA????!!!!!

matthujun

Which book was that? I don't remember reading that one.

I've read Luke going back at least three times that I can remember, but I don't ever remember a base going up in any of the books.

i don't exactly remember the book name, becuase i read it when i was in grade 6, but i do remember falcon was damaged and landed there for repairs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i disagree. Hoth and Dagobah are the "same" planets in a way; they offer natural cover for every base and unit. I would rush to take over these planets, as far as my economics allow this, simply because i could transform them in a base.....then, anything that would try to walk few meters would be smashed, simply because it would play "in my field"......................well, as far as imps don't get irritated and blow the whole planet up :)

Jedi's might be pivotol in the movie's, but not so much hear. Joda did nothing big in the war effort. He only trained Luke, and we all saw how weak he was then. Although thats probably because the didn't have computer technology. But I still believe that there is alot of suprises in this game, if not, they will be modded in.

Well, i disagree. Hoth and Dagobah are the "same" planets in a way; they offer natural cover for every base and unit. I would rush to take over these planets, as far as my economics allow this, simply because i could transform them in a base.....then, anything that would try to walk few meters would be smashed, simply because it would play "in my field"......................well, as far as imps don't get irritated and blow the whole planet up :)

Hoth is a tad bit different. On Hoth there is actually solid footing. It's one big ice planet. Nothing has melted there in centuries unless it was via man or beast. It's possible to build a base out of ice managing temperatures, the ice could hold the thousands of tons of equipment needed inside a decent sized base.

Dagobah however can not support a base. Unlike Yavin IV which although it was teeming with uncontroled life had a very stable ecosystem, Dagobah is filled with swamps. A description of the planet from the SW databank is "The planet is covered in gnarled trees and fetid swamps. Huge lagoons are home to fearsome snakes and other creatures that swim in the murky waters...A world plagued with overgrown jungles, creatures, and constant rain, it was a perfect place to hide. Few would ever come to such a planet willingly." It also mentions several expeditions to Dagobah, all of which were defeated by the planet of dagobah. One scout even went as far as saying that the planet was not worth the effort to colonize. The planet has constant rains and electircal storms, storms which took down Luke's starfighter. I don't know about you, but if I wanted to establish a military base on the planet, I would like my equipment to be functioning. My last point I already mentioned in another post. The thousands of tons of equipment needed to establish a base would not be sustainable upon the planet's surface. Over time the base would sink farther and farther below the surface until it became flooded from constant rains, which considering the unstability of the planet, could be overnight.

Nothing about including Dagobah in the game is logical. I just can't imagine two sides fighting on the surface of that planet in great numbers when I seriously doubt an AT-ST could plod along for long before it became a casualty, let alone the massive AT-ATs.

Randomguy2476,

Good observation, no luke? nahhhhhh their just keeping stuff from us. Hell i woulnt be surprises if the damn b-wing ends up in the game.

What is this talk about no jedi and there not important to star wars. Hell the whole story is about the return of the jedi. The story of a young jedi leading a rebellion to victory over a dark sith lord. Come on.... People love jedi, why do you think they put them in Battlefront 2. Me I would love to recruit young patawons tht could grow into jedi or sith(dark jedi) over time, but they could be killed in battle no respawn.

It is just his opinion, no need to tell or make it seem like he is wrong...

It is just his opinion, no need to tell or make it seem like he is wrong...

heh, why not?

That's part of why this forum is here, for people to debate ideas about a game that we know little about. It's all opinion and guesswork. In debate you naturally do your best to promote your point of view that you support.

Admittedly, there is a difference between debating and flaming and I don't really think he crossed the line there. So he can question and do his best to prove the other person wrong as long as he doesn't resort to flaming.

Something else with that... I accually believe that the Star Wars Movie series is about Anakin(he is in all the movies).

With that arguement, it may as well be about C-3PO. :p

And yes, people do like Jedi. But people also like seeing the other side of SW: The guys with blasters and cool vehicles. Sure, Jedi were included in Battlefront II because people wanted them.... But a large percentage didn't want them as well. Most SW games in recent years have favored the Jedi and the Sith, pushing others to the periphery. It'd be nice to let them take the spotlight for one game.

heh, why not?

That's part of why this forum is here, for people to debate ideas about a game that we know little about. It's all opinion and guesswork. In debate you naturally do your best to promote your point of view that you support.

Admittedly, there is a difference between debating and flaming and I don't really think he crossed the line there. So he can question and do his best to prove the other person wrong as long as he doesn't resort to flaming.

Yes debating is fine, but it doesn't mean he is wrong...did i say you couldn't debate and tell what you think?

Check your PMs -darthfergie

Not Nessesarily, Mono because C-3P0 had nothing to do with the plot. C-3P0 is a side character, one what was not focused on during the movies. Accually I believe that R2 could have had the ability in some way(But that is another story and/or another debate). Though at sometime back in the arcade beginnings you didn't realize you were a jedi(e.g. the Arcade version of ANH and ROTJ). Right now this debate is on two strong points that easily will conflict themselves because of the fact that there are both large groups of peoples that support or have another opinion on the matter.

You know why what think, there saving yoda for a Republic hero when they do an exspansion. I mean he did do a lot more for the Republic so it would make sense. As for Dagobah I wouldn't worry about it. just be gratefull you have another planet to conqure. Il bet theres plenty of planets that you would deam worthles until you actaully play the game.

Having trainable jedi/sith during this time period just would be wrong but during the Republic it was common so thats another good exspansion pack idea.

Haha.. please dont! Knowing Sony they will revamp the game a month later and change it from a RTS game to a... a... well you get the picture.

Ugh...that is a sad sad thought...

So sad, yet so true...

I think I'm going to go cry now and lament the disaster that is SWG.

Yet at the same time I'm going give thanks for the fact that Sony has come nowhere near this game. heh.

Yes, I think we're all thankfull for that. :)

Except those who just want Jedi.

"Jedi!!! More Jedi!! I need my Jedi!! jedijedijedi ... "

It's like a crack addiction. :D

Introduce something like Jedi to the crowd and they go "Power!!!! I need more power!!! Unlimited pooweer!!!" ;)

And you know it's true, look what happened to SWG. ;)

Yes, I think we're all thankfull for that.

It's like a crack addiction.

Introduce something like Jedi to the crowd and they go "Power!!!! I need more power!!! Unlimited pooweer!!!"

And you know it's true, look what happened to SWG.

lol, look what happened to LUCAS!

Give him some cool Jedi battles in TPM and he gets so excited about it he has to make an army of the little buggers!

:mauls::evanpiel::max::mace::gree:tessek::kiadi::wan::rhett::koon:

Yes, I think we're all thankfull for that. :)

It's like a crack addiction. :D

Introduce something like Jedi to the crowd and they go "Power!!!! I need more power!!! Unlimited pooweer!!!" ;)

And you know it's true, look what happened to SWG. ;)

Oh man I can see it now:

Sony Exec: "You know what... even though the game is set in a time period without many Jedi, I say we scrap all the units and just make 'em Jedi! It will be one huge jedi battle!"

Archived