Home

Flight of Serenity

jokemaster

Mal guided the ship to land at the docks where they'd agreed to meet Alex. Thankfully the docks were public, and didn't require ships to identify themselves. He landed carefully if a little roughly. He still hadn't mastered flying. He turned in time to see Amanda there.

"You all patched up?"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Ok I'm back...so that mean Kaylee's back *big dramatic entrance song* Ok so I've read what I've missed I'll just say I'm back in the engine room))

Kaylee exited the engine room wiped her face with a cloth and went inside the cockpit where all the others were.

- "Well now that we're landed and all maybe we can get a replacement for the reactor, I told you Captain that it would hold for three more days but that was a month ago" - Kaylee said to Mal.

((Yep.))

"She moved you," River said, remembering their first encounter with Amanda. "And she got herself out of the handcuffs. You saw it. She held your mouth shut so you wouldn't make her sleep."

She nodded. "So maybe she did move them."

"I don't know, Telekinesis, It just seems far too science fiction, or somthing out of a comic book." The comment reminded him of what wash once said the day they met that bounty hunter(episode: objects in space.)and made him smile. "But then again so are the things you can do." He said smiling at his sister

Alex saw the Serenity land, it looked almost exactly the way he remembered. Standing up he hoisted one bag over his shoulder and picked up the other. Moving up to where he expected the runway to descend he waited for Hal to emerge from the ship. The disc reader sat in his jacket pocket and it's headphone chord snaked up to his right ear where it met with a studio head set.

Mal headed to the ramp and began walking out. He smiled as he saw Alex's disc reader.

"He's still listening to that." He commented to Zoe.

"At least he's got headphones this time. Remember the speakers?" They both smiled as they remembered when, during the war, someone had accidently turned them all the way up while they were off. They walked up to Alex.

"Alex, nice to see you again." Said Zoe, still smiling.

"What you been up to?" Asked Mal.

River said nothing and just sat there staring at Kaylee's hands as they worked with the battery.

Meanwhile, Amanda had followed Mal and Zoe, interested to know who the new pilot was. As Mal and Zoe approached Alex to welcome him, Amanda stayed a little ways back, picking up on the conversation more through telepathy than through her ears.

- "Well she makes me wonder how many more of her kind are there and if they're coming after us as well, maybe she realized we're not so bad but what if the others don't think the same?" - Kaylee said to Simon frowning as she did.

Archived