Home

Dantooine and Korriban for K3?

RobQel-Droma

Dantooine and Korriban for K3?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Dantooine and Korriban for K3?

Got a point there Rob. If the Jedi Order had been rebuilt, if you played lightside, woudn't make sense to start of in a world maybe like Telos or something before the Unknown Regions?

On another question I've always noticed that many events like battles/wars have taken place in the Outer Rim or beyond. Why is that?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In order for this game to return to the impact excitement that we all shared in K1, I believe we must venture forth and explore new surroundings, new planets, and aquire all new aquaintances. Our path should be filled with choices, new experiences and a whole new set of conflicts.

The story must be fresh and exiting. We should want to get started and never want to stop. It's impossible to have a fresh story in the same old settings, no matter what the objectives are.

This was part of the reason K2's popularity faltered a bit.

But, that's typical with games and movies alike-the sequel trap.

References are necessary to keep the line of connection with the first two stories, just as long as it doesn't become a re-do of either of the first two.

The makers of K3 have a great challenge in front of them, that is, if their goal is to bring Kotor back to blockbuster status.

...and the purpose of this would be...?

To continue on with the planets like we have for the last two games, maybe?

They can both be interesting, if the devs can do it right. Earlier you said this:

In order for this game to return to the impact excitement that we all shared in K1' date=' I believe we must venture forth and explore new surroundings, new planets ~snip~[/quote']

BTW, what about Tatooine? No one complained about it, yet it has been used countless times in books, games, and the movies. If you ask me, that is an over-used planet (although I liked it in K1, don't get me wrong). But anyways:

Korriban and Dantooine are both important, so while I agree we need new planets, they represent the Jedi and Sith/LS and DS parts of the story, mostly. Korriban is just too much of an interesting planet to throw it out because it has been "used too much."

After all, the Valley of the dark Jedi isn't the only valley on Korriban, you know. They could have others, although the Valley of the dark Jedi should certainly be in there, (perhaps a little different with some extended areas). Same with Dantooine, I would want to see some of Khoonda, and the Jedi Enclave, but other than that, new areas.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

So am I.

...and I'm sick of Dantooine and Korriban.

There has to be some imagination out there that can take us to other places and experience new things. That's what drew me to Kotor in the first place.

Why do the same thing over and over and over?

Like I said, just my opinion. I don't mean to offend.

I just like new experiences and new challenges and I want to explore other worlds. There are so many of them in this particular galaxy. Why are we at the same ones all the time?

Oh yeah, I'm sick of Tatooine also. Gimme a break.

What is it with this dusty, waterless planet?

I don't want to see either of them back unless they vastly improve them. Both planets were cool in KotOR but in TSL I had the constant feeling they were just being recycled and not at least orignal. That's probably because Obsidian reused most of the areas and the textures.

What could work (for me at least) is this:

Dantooïne: In the Jedi Academy trilogy Dantooïne is featured as an uninhabited planet. If they could show why it was abandoned and use new areas and textures it might be good. As to being the "Jedi planet" I'd rather see some other like the Jedi temple in Cosuscant or the Library world of Ossus (allthough that was destroyed in a supernova, I don't know if one could return to it so fast - radiation and other nasty leftovers from this destruction)

Korriban: This is the main burial ground for the Dark Lords of the Sith. It is not the "main" Sith planet, that would rather be Ziost which is the capitol of the Sith Empire of old. If they do reuse it I would like to see more of the Valley of the Dark Lords. I mean there most be dozens if not hundreds of Dark Lords burried there and in the games you could only see 4 tombs. So Korriban could return but only rather with a more fleshed out Valley of the Dark Lords.

Oh yeah, I'm sick of Tatooine also. Gimme a break.

What is it with this dusty, waterless planet?[/Quote]

Tatooïne is were it all began. It's the first planet ever seen in Star Wars and the home planet of both trilogies main characters; Anakin and Luke Skywalker. But I do agree that it has been used far to much in all the games and books etc. It is supposed to be a backwater planet, but there is almost as much going on as in Coruscant.

I'd like to see a good number of new planets in the next installment.

I can live with Dantooine, though I'd like to see them explore more of the 'ancient ruins' on the planet--that would give it some freshness.

I'm not a big fan of Korriban--it's so....starkly beige. I'd like to see something even darker out of a Sith world.

Tatooine--please, no more dune seas. I'd like to see a Mos Eisley kind of thing if they keep that planet, and have different quests running through a cityscape. I like the roleplaying part more than the game mechanics part, so I enjoy interacting with all the various people.

And since I live up in the land of cold and snow, I'd love to see a nice, warm, tropical planet or two. :)

BTW, what about Tatooine? No one complained about it, yet it has been used countless times in books, games, and the movies. If you ask me, that is an over-used planet (although I liked it in K1, don't get me wrong).

It is overused, and a lot of fans thought so too and were glad it didn't appear in TSL.

I have the same feelings about Tatooine as I do about Korriban and Dantooine returning. There's just so many interesting planets in the Star Wars universe that I don't see the point in re-using ones.

IMO whether or not the appearance of these planets would fit in nicely greatly depends on the general storyline of KOTOR3.

However, I generally truly would not mind a change - we've seen the same locations on these planets (well, almost) twice now. Should they appear in-game, at least exploring a different location on the planets would be nice.

Tatooïne is were it all began. It's the first planet ever seen in Star Wars and the home planet of both trilogies main characters; Anakin and Luke Skywalker. But I do agree that it has been used far to much in all the games and books etc.

True that it has been used alot. What interest could there possibly be in a planet full of sand?

It is supposed to be a backwater planet, but there is almost as much going on as in Coruscant.

Maybe that was the whole point of talking about a backwater planet. Just because it isn't in the Core Worlds doesn't mean that it is not important and that nothing is going on.

On another note, now that I think about it, Dantooine would be a place to see again to see how it fared after TSL. Later Dantooine becomes a supposed place for the Rebel base so we could see how strong the planet becomes under the Republic.

I liked Korriban: it was certainly not "thrown in" at the last minute: quite the contrary. But it was too short (coupled with m4-78, got cut, yeah. We all know the sad story). Like YertyL said: if they were to bring either of the planets back in K3, they would need to do a massive overhaul of both. Like, extensive new areas, quests, etc. Otherwise, I think that both have been totally milked dry.

I agree. Korriban was to short, as was Dantooine in my opinion. Overall the game was rushed (as we all know). But they were fun none the less.

On topic now, I would like to see those two planets return, but they have to be longer. As well as M4-78.

Did one of you see the Clone Wars cartoon that featured Dantooine?

It was very grim, with rain and thunderstorms. I think that they should retexture it, to lose the happy-teletubbie look of Dantooine.

Korriban is a stayer, but only if they add some tombs and the option to raid them like in K1.

I am liking the idea of Dantooine turning into a "Dark" now that all of the original Jedi's from the council on Dantiooine are dead, maybe looking kind of like Malachor V in KotOR2.

As for Korriban, if keeping it means not adding a new planet, I say blow it up, good riddance.

Well, think about this, on dantoine you have the crystal caves!! and on korriban, it has already been said that there is much left to be discovered what with hidden tombs and all. So I think that they both need to be brought back even if it is just planets that have nothing to do with the game, maybe use them as places for sidequest or just to do some serious exploring?? Also, I would like to be able to go back to Dxun and explore more of the moon, considering the mandalorians have hidden caches all over the place. Another cool place would be telos, even tho it was bombarded, the people from the under city went to that sanctuary that was hidden, so they should be alive and the ones who rebuild the planet.

I am liking the idea of Dantooine turning into a "Dark" now that all of the original Jedi's from the council on Dantiooine are dead, maybe looking kind of like Malachor V in KotOR2.

A new look along with a new area? Not a bad idea. However, I think the Malachor V thing is taking it a bit too far...

As for Korriban, if keeping it means not adding a new planet, I say blow it up, good riddance.

Ummm.... No. Korriban is supposed to still be there in JA, which is after RotJ. So no, that is way too drastic. And besides, I agree with Lightsider about new stuff on Korriban, we haven't seen all of the planet (just like we haven't seen all of Dantooine).

When I think about it, I may have voted rashly. I would much prefer to see Coruscant (scuses if it was in the first game, I haven´t been lucky enough to find it here up north in Iceland) And most definetly another Sith based planet, please!!!! TSL was far too dark, the only light tones were the shallow romance conversations you could have every now and then. Anywho, there you have my two cents.

I was really looking forward to almost more of a JA-esque Korriban (4000 years under excavated, that is). Like, a mineshaft into the catacombs or something. That, and make it at night. Just for a change. We've seen sunset on Korriban over and over and over.

Actually, I thought both of them were some nice planets (I thought) in TSL, even if they were kind of old and short.

I agree, both a good Idea, just under produced.

Bring them back, of course, but show us other places and areas on the planets. Except for certain places like Valley of the Dark Lords, and the Jedi Enclave.

I only want to see the Jedi onclave if they are going to have some actuall training that goes on there... more in depth than we saw and played in KoTOR.

Archived