Dantooine and Korriban for K3?

RobQel-Droma

Dantooine and Korriban for K3?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Dantooine and Korriban for K3?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^Exactly. I agree with Hallucination too, as I said, Korriban/Dantooine are just part of the KotOR games. You can't really find a good replacement for them.

C'mon Rob, you must be kidding. With all the planets in the Star Wars universe, I can't believe that you, of all people can't think of better worlds to conquer than the same old dead a$$ planets. The only thing worth exploring on Korriban are the Sith tombs.

...uh, did that already.

Dreshdae sucks bantha privates, and the rest of the planet is as barren and useless as Tatooine. ...don't get me started on that.

As for Dantooine. UHHGGG! How many kinrath should I kill the next time I go there. Or will it be Kathhounds this time.

Please, I need new challenges.

OK, maybe I'm a little hard on these worlds, I'm just a little sick of them.

Then, how about a side quest that takes us there, or something really brief.

I can live with that as long as the main storyline quest has us feeling like we did when we first picked up Kotor. New, fresh, unexplored planets and our eyes full of wonder.

You got a point there. What if there was a secret ritual place or a hidden settlement?

We already know that there are endless catacombs under the surface of Korriban. Hundreds of antechambers and sprawling caverns filled with the wealth of the Sith. Think ancient Egypt, you know?

• 2 weeks later...
Korriban - yes!! Dantooine - please no!

I think korriban sould be a yes if maybe you get to learn about the true sith there like go back into the tombs again and go deeper and fine more information to help you know more about them but not really just to go there cause I really like going into the tombs in KOTOR but i found maybe there sould have been more just kind make you wonder more want to find out. Dantooine well hummm I think that sould be up to what you did in KOTOR 2 if KOTOR 3 is based off what you did in that one if you saved the republic i think there sould be a new jedi enclave if not heck make the planet destoryed or something lol but of course it could be there againa dn you could go the crystal cave again to learn more about revans and the exiles attacks there

Yes Korriban is a vital location because of the True Sith. Ajunta Pall, his ghost, gives some interesting tidbits about it. Even on the loading bar it says that Korriban was the homeworld of the Sith before the first fallen Jedi came.

Yes to Dantooine because well, it's Dantooine and it's one of those places to meditate, if you are a Jedi. It's like the staging ground for the good guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As I said before, deja vu is great, though Korriban has nothing left to give. They did the same thing twice with that planet, its a graveyard, we know, it has been fully squeezed dry. Dantooine still flourishes, though, and I'd love to see it in KotOR III, seeing as it was my favourite planet in both the prequels.

• 2 years later...

I say make them the first two planets, you crash on Korriban in the original area and find a way into newer tombs where the true sith are and some prisoners (companions) and you escape in a sith ship but the ship is set to Dantooine, (like how the ebon hawk was set to telos) giving way that they could be planning an attack. Someone there recognizes its design as one of the old sith ships and takes you to khoonda where one of the jedi compainions from a previous games tells you of t3 coming back with the ebon hawk and asks you to find where revan and the exile are.

I don't think making Korriban the second Peragus is a good idea.Peragus is so creepy even with not too many of the Sith.So Korriban,full of Sith soul->much creepier.

I think they should both be in the game.But later on,not at the beginning of the game.

Kreia advises you to visit the cave after your business at the Academy is done, which I've always followed, but are there any negative effects on the game or your mission if you do the cave and the tomb of Ludo Kressh first? I've always thought the dead Lona Vash (or the missing Lona Vash, coupled with being pointed toward M4-78) and the fight with Darth Sion was a great cliffhanger to end your visit to Korriban with.

I thought it was a great Chewie-get-us-out-of-here moment, and going to the cave after doing it and before boarding your ship kind of ruins that feeling. So does anything happen if you should visit the cave before going to the Academy? Do you lose influence with Kreia or anything like that?

Also, I would not want to see Dantooine or Korriban in Knights of the Old Republic III (assuming that by "K3" the author is not referring to The Old Republic MMO). They were cool, but enough is enough. Let's have Ziost as an alternative to Korriban.

Wow, this is an old thread...

<snip> I'm not saying that they should just reuse the same exact areas, I just think that they should keep prominent areas like the Jedi Enclave area, and the Valley of the Dark Lords. Other than that, they should show us other parts of the planets, perhaps far away from the original areas. What do you think?

There could be much, much more on those planets. I agree. Yet at the same time they are becoming a bit worn out.

Neither. Why always keep the old things? I definitely prefer to have new planets. I think Korriban has been over-used already. While I enjoyed it a lot in k1, in k2 it was an empty world with not much to do on it and I think I've seen enough of Dantoine. A great deal of the fun in this type of game is to explore new worlds. The only things I want to keep from the first 2 games are HK, t3 and the Hawk (but I could still live without the hawk). They can get rid of everything else.

Even the silver lightsabers?:freakout:

Vader: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, I wouldn't mind Telos being in, I suppose that Korriban and Dantooine are kind of getting old. I did say before that I wanted them in, but only if they have something new.
Agreed.

Korriban I really want in, it just belongs there as the Sith planet, and Dantooine as far as I am concerned isn't as good as Coruscant or Telos; But still, it has been the Jedi Enclave planet, so unless they change the Jedi Academy to another planet, I think it would stay.
Korriban seemingly will always have some little charm or another to throw at us, I think. I think Coruscant needs to be there this time--it is mentioned too much in the KOTOR games to not be. PLus it has been made central to SW.

I would not mind the old ruins of the Jedi Temple of Onderon being there.

Yes, right. Oh, and developers, while you are at it, Lightsabres are over-used and there is no need for them to be inserted; those buggers are getting rather annoying. Party Members are such a bore as well, I am sick of those punch bags.

And the Ebon Hawk, yet again? Please get rid of it. Seeing it again is completely over-using and there is nothing new to see there, and it is also empty; It's so empty that you can put whatever you want in there.

Awesome name, yo!

To an extent about the lightsabers, I sort of agree, but K2 did a fair enough job making you work for it I think. You have to be clever and lucky to get very many. Maybe they could make some more weapon variants and stuffs.

What's wrong with Mandalore, or Bao Dur? Or Mira? :confused:

Lightabers being over-used is the problem of the user.... dont see the game forcing us to use that weapon....
No, but having it in K1 at least once or twice, you are forced to.

getting rid of the party members?? i'm guessing you want your character to be gods gift to the universe mastering anything and everything. And whats this about getting rid of the Ebon Hawk? why not just take the falcon out of ROTJ, or ESB (siad in sarcasm)

:eyeraise: Are you kidding me? We haven't even scratched the surface.

Well, I always thought there could be more considering Palpatine visited castles and temples on Korriban in his time. OTherwise there needs to be another sith planet.:carms:

I don't think making Korriban the second Peragus is a good idea.Peragus is so creepy even with not too many of the Sith.So Korriban,full of Sith soul->much creepier.

I think they should both be in the game.But later on,not at the beginning of the game.

What's wrong with horror shows and creep mansions? I actually like that sort of thing, thank you very much. Like the first time I played peragus. If there were a way to sort of randomize peragus I would actually ejoy a replay of it a heluva lot more.

I say make them the first two planets, you crash on Korriban in the original area and find a way into newer tombs where the true sith are and some prisoners (companions) and you escape in a sith ship but the ship is set to Dantooine, (like how the ebon hawk was set to telos) giving way that they could be planning an attack. Someone there recognizes its design as one of the old sith ships and takes you to khoonda where one of the jedi compainions from a previous games tells you of t3 coming back with the ebon hawk and asks you to find where revan and the exile are.
Well, that is a very clever idea...

However, everyone has their own ideas. :giveup:

• 2 months later...

Archived