Home

Psychonauts - European release date

Igl85

Hi, I was wondering WHY is the release date of above mentioned game keep getting postponed. It was supposed to be released in September, then it was delayed until the mid of November, end of November and to December 2, 2005. But today it says Q1 2006!!! The thing is, I will most likely forget about the game by the time it is actually released. I am hoping that somedy around here has some more info. So, please tell me. Before I plant a bomb under the publisher :)

Something has seriously gone wrong somewhere.

GAME and most shops were expecting it 25th November. Mags like PCZone were bigging it up almost as a national holiday, harassing readers to own at least one copy. PCGamer had actual adverts from the publisher (THQ? Can't remember) proudly stating "Out November". Well, that month's gone. And still no PAL Psychonauts.

I wonder how much money they wasted on that advert?

What do they think they're playing at? It's apparently been ready since August.

You'd think they'd at least try and get it out in time for Christmas. This year's Christmas.

But now Gameplay's current estimate is February 24th.

If I had a decent graphics card in my PC, I'd order it direct from DoubleFine. But I have to wait for the PAL PS2 version.

well, I'm waiting for the PC version. I guess I could order from the US, but it's not just the shipping prices that bother me, it's also the fact, that the european version comes on one DVD, instead of 5 CDs. I prefer the first one :)

• 1 month later...
For those waiting for a European PC release for Psychonauts I recommend picking the US version up from eBay,

Me too. I got the PC version from Gamestop US a couple of days after it was released, for only around £25 with shipping. I even have kinda two copies of the game since the first one they sent me had two CD 2s and no CD 4, so they sent a replacement free :).

Archived