Home

Important changes needed in next patch!!

TAB player screen:

Completely useless when you want to check the scores out. This needs to have the teams on seperate sides of the screen in order of score. This also needs to be available to look at while your having to wait to spawn.

Enemy red dots show up on map. If you can already see the enemy why have radio commands for enemy spotted, etc.

Get rid of being able to see the enemy players on the map. This make the game too easy, less strategy, too arcadey and doesn't appeal to the mature population.

Spawn screen:

You miss out spawning if you cant press the spawn button fast enough. Why you cant just press the ENTER key instead I dont know!! When you die you should automatically start counting down and should only have to bring up the spawn screen when you want to change class or spawn point.

Voting:

Make the Voting easier for people to read. From experience it seems a lot of people dont know how to vote yes or no. Too many teamkillers are spoiling this game and they are getting away with it since people are struggle to vote.

Timelimit is also too short.

Target lock (press Q):

Ok this is needed in space but this is not required in ground combat. It basically is an exploit. Keep pressing Q everytime you need to find someone easily. Even if they are hiding behind bushes etc. Stupid idea.

There is also bugs in the game but I only know of a major sound bug which nearly blows my hearing out with a massive cracking sound every now and then, and game freezing going above 1024x768 resolution.

Enemy red dots show up on map. If you can already see the enemy why have radio commands for enemy spotted, etc.

Get rid of being able to see the enemy players on the map. This make the game too easy, less strategy, too arcadey and doesn't appeal to the mature population.

Enemies don't show up on the map until they are shot at by/shoot at someone on your team.

Voting is very easy to do. Just look at your keyboard configuration under Controls. People need to stop complaining about buttons and actually make some effort to see what they are first. However, I can't read the booting messages. On my screen, 1600x1200, the chat text and booting message overlap so you can't read them. I never have a clue who what a vote is for.

There is a problem with the 'Done' button not being displayed in a timely matter when a round ends. This needs fixed.

I get a strange error. The crosshair doesn't display critical hits and weapon reloading status (those bars and 3 dots).

There are some balance isssues that need worked out:

1) The guided missiles are extremely hard to use and cause little damage for their massive skill.

2) The engineer is way over powered. It is immune to mines, kills armored units in one shot, and can heal itself. One of those three things needs to go.

3) Mines shouldn't glow, and should be destroyed by any weapon. Many times I have seen a flag goal surrounded in mines. With no gernades to blow them up, I am forced to die inches from the goal without scoring. You can't wait around the goal for the mines to dispear, the enemy spawns nearby.

4) Snipers are too weak in close combat. Give them a crosshair or a stronger pistol (they have a weaker pistol than other units). If you are thinking snipers should not be engaged in close combat, remember rocket troops are supposed to destroy vehicles not units.

5) The sniper beam rifle doesn't work right. It needs fixed.

6) Many people talk about changing the rocket troopers, I never use them, so I can't comment on that.

The repeating sound bug drives me crazy.

SWBF2 isn't 'nice' with other programs. They cause it to crash (if using sound or graphics) and the other way around. It would be nice if this didn't happen.

The award pistol with damage increse can be considered the strongest weapon in the game. Its effectively a high rate of fire sniper rifle. That doesn't seem right to me.

Award pistol rules though. Can you even use it online?

Yes, all award weapons are also awarded in online games (unless disabled in the server with /noaward).

Be a rocket trooper and kill six units with the pistol in one life. Now you have an 'high' armored unit that is excellent aganist both vehicles and troops. The award pistol's shots meet their target instantly like the sniper rifle, so the unit is even stronger than snipers. 3-4 (same with sniper rifle) shots will take out the heavest units and the pistol fires much faster than the sniper rifle. To me, units should not be able to become so overpowered. Add to this damage taken decrease and damage increase, you've got one strong unit that will kill everything else in 1-3 shots, and these shots are not far apart.

You're going to have to be pretty elite to gain Endurance, War Hero and Award pistol in one life, but perhaps a button to disable awards (awards off by default) might be better. Someone out there must love a n00b fest, or WTF are the Jedi there for?

• 2 months later...

In the single player campaign I'm having a LOT of trouble with the Coruscant: Nightfall mission in the library where you need to protect the bookcases. I'm fine when it comes to killing the Jedi before they can destroy the bookcase, but its usually a stupid AI-controlled clone with a rocket launcher who blows the shelf up and fails the mission!

Perhaps the AI should have some control on it by which the AI-units don't attack near mission-specific objects with weapons such as missile launchers.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm frech so excuse my poor english :vik5:

TAB player screen:

Completely useless when you want to check the scores out. This needs to have the teams on seperate sides of the screen in order of score. This also needs to be available to look at while your having to wait to spawn.

Spawn screen:

You miss out spawning if you cant press the spawn button fast enough. Why you cant just press the ENTER key instead I dont know!! When you die you should automatically start counting down and should only have to bring up the spawn screen when you want to change class or spawn point.

Target lock (press Q):

Ok this is needed in space but this is not required in ground combat. It basically is an exploit. Keep pressing Q everytime you need to find someone easily. Even if they are hiding behind bushes etc. Stupid idea.

I totally agree with russx!

For Tab player screen, nothing more

For mini map, show us friend instead foes. It should be useful for choosing where to spawn, or who's talking for example...

For spawn screen, (or change class screen) the ENTER shorcut should be great, reducing the changing class time. An auto countdown with the same class in the same spawn point should be a mistake because the spawn's wave can spawn you too fast for choose if you want to change...

For target lock, LA must forget this stupid choice. :yoink:

"I can't see my foot" said an ewook in an other thread, so please LA, reduce the clipping...

"Engineer is superman", so what change can LA change? The ability to walk on and desarm mines? No, it's a great idea. I suggest reduce a bit the damage whith distance or maybe change weapon to a pistol, letting it for an extra class. Or maybe change ammo/bacta distrib with the ability to heal/recharge others only... I've got a preference for the extra class idea.

I think super pistol is great (sorry zerted!), because it's difficult to get this award. Endurance is not so great, i'd preffered energy decrease slower or regenerate faster...

Watch for bug report too... invisible wall, can't respawn bug, sound crashes, my friends can't even play with DVD version and patch 1.1... :(

Please LA, consider those kind of post for future patch and for the good of humanity!! (lol thanks LA) :thmbup1:

I also agree with zerted ideas for mines, in a hint, it is said that we can shot in it with guns to defuse, why it is not possible??

I think also rockets for antichar should be more effective against infantry (like grenades do, or a bit less).

Please, continue to talk about things to improve this great game and, why not, vote for other's ideas...

May the LA force listen us! :ben:

You're going to have to be pretty elite to gain Endurance, War Hero and Award pistol in one life, but perhaps a button to disable awards (awards off by default) might be better. Someone out there must love a n00b fest, or WTF are the Jedi there for?

You can already disable awards on your server. You can also change how Heroes are acquired or simply disable them altogether. So no problem there.

You either do it through command line/batch files or use one of the launchers out there (they're all beta, but they work last time I checked).

• 1 month later...

1) The guided missiles are extremely hard to use and cause little damage for their massive skill.

2) The engineer is way over powered. It is immune to mines, kills armored units in one shot, and can heal itself. One of those three things needs to go.

3) Mines shouldn't glow, and should be destroyed by any weapon. Many times I have seen a flag goal surrounded in mines. With no gernades to blow them up, I am forced to die inches from the goal without scoring. You can't wait around the goal for the mines to dispear, the enemy spawns nearby.

4) Snipers are too weak in close combat. Give them a crosshair or a stronger pistol (they have a weaker pistol than other units). If you are thinking snipers should not be engaged in close combat, remember rocket troops are supposed to destroy vehicles not units.

5) The sniper beam rifle doesn't work right. It needs fixed.

6) Many people talk about changing the rocket troopers, I never use them, so I can't comment on that.

1) What do you mean ''guided missles''?

2) I think the solution is to decrease the shotgun's range and power. Make it a class for people who want to support their team or sabotage enemy vehicles, not one for killwhores... Also, a point system should be introduced for engineers, so repairing, etc. is rewarded.

3) Don't waste your thermals. Without the glow, people would place them around corners, making them IMPOSSIBLE to spot until it's too late. I agree they should be destroyable by any weapon, though.

4) HELL NO! They are already strong enough in close combat-too strong. I can take on an engineer with my sniper. You draw a comparison to rocket troops, but unless you're on a server where people can run up and drop a mine (teamkill off servers, and even then mines can be dodged) then they're fine. Killing an assault trooper is pathetically easy.

5) DEFINATELY agreed. It never hits most of the time (for that matter, the regular sniper rifle misses occasionally too), making it worthless. I'd rather have the regular rifle

6) Rocket troopers are fine, really...they can kill AI well, but any exprienced player can utterly destroy them. Rockets are so hard to aim and os easy to dodge. This is unless you play on a teamkilling-off server, in which these classes are gods due to the ability to run up and drop mines.

Archived