Home

To Jedi, or not to Jedi.... that is the Question

ilwugoalie

Would you call the Exile a Jedi since he has to learn to use the force all over  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you call the Exile a Jedi since he has to learn to use the force all over

• Yes, Jedi once you know how to use it you never forget
    • No, having to learn all over means you have lost the Title Jedi

I don't see how the Exile could be considered a Jedi at the beginning of TSL. The Exile had been expelled from the Jedi Order, not to mention the fact that the Exile had lost connectivity to the Force.

Well the Sith chasing the Exile believe him to be a Jedi.

IMO, force sensitive does not equate to being a Jedi. What I think the argument boils down to though is how one defines what a Jedi is. If one defines a Jedi as a force sensitive who helps others, rights wrongs, and supports the cause of peace then one could say the Exile is a Jedi at the beginning of the game (if playing Exile as LS character).

You could be right there. Check out the thread on views on Jedi.

However, I define a Jedi as one who has been accepted into the Jedi Order and generally follows the Jedi Code. By that definition then the Exile would not be a Jedi since the Jedi Council had expelled the Exile from the order.

Yes but then why does the class option state Jedi Guardian, Sentinel or Consular when you create the character?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Techinqly he is just a force user he lost the title of jedi when he left for the wars tho it was a light sided move to go to the war it ended up costing him everything he held dear now if that isnt a selfsacraficing jedi i dont no what is

Well, it depends on how you play the game because you could have easily said that battle called or you went for bloodshed.

I agree that the Exile was a selfsacrificing Jedi but when he returned, at his trial, they said he was a Jedi no longer. The funny thing is, he still followed the Jedi way. Old habits die hard me thinks.

I would say "Yes" ...

Although the exile cut himself off the Force, this did not change his character or behaviour... jedi is not the same as "Force user" - it is (at least partially) a religion or at least an ethical system, which the exile would also follow after severing himself from the Force.

Also, Kreia at your first encounter tells you that all of your appearance and behaviour reveal you as a jedi. (considering her background she could have been lying, but I cannot really see why she in this case should)

"The Force is in all of us though for some it is barely a measureable whisper"-Bastilla

The Exile though cast out still followed the Jedi way. Though he wandered beyond the Rim for five years he still could feel the echo. Another thing, if he was no Jedi, how could he resist the sedatives on Peragus?

He was banned, sent away... EXILED. just casue he could still sense it doesnt make him a Jedi..... they same in reality as it is in our books, and games. when a baseball player gets kicked out and banned from the MLB he is no longer a profesional ball player. he still has the tallent, but has lost what he was.

when a baseball player gets kicked out and banned from the MLB he is no longer a profesional ball player. he still has the tallent, but has lost what he was.

Nope. A baseball player is still a baseball player, even if he isn't following that profession. He has the skills, and he can do it. Even though he isn't playing baseball, that doesn't mean that he still isn't a baseball player, regardless of whether that is his current occupation.

Nope. A baseball player is still a baseball player, even if he isn't following that profession. He has the skills, and he can do it. Even though he isn't playing baseball, that doesn't mean that he still isn't a baseball player, regardless of whether that is his current occupation.

I agree.

and by the way rob, I said he was no longer a professional, ... and you can say it isnt the same thing, but it is... if you meet a person and they say they are a Baseball player..... first question your going to ask is "Who do you play for?" ... oh, well I used to I, was banned from playing again. You are NOT a ball Player in the. Jedi is a profesion, a way of life ... if you are kicked, out... or leave on your own never to return.... that means in the eyes or those you would encounter that are still in the order you would not be a Jedi....

and by the way rob, I said he was no longer a professional, ... and you can say it isnt the same thing, but it is... if you meet a person and they say they are a Baseball player..... first question your going to ask is "Who do you play for?" ... oh, well I used to I, was banned from playing again. You are NOT a ball Player in the. Jedi is a profesion, a way of life ... if you are kicked, out... or leave on your own never to return.... that means in the eyes or those you would encounter that are still in the order you would not be a Jedi....

Think of it this way: You're a CPA. You just got your license about a year ago. You quit your job (any reason) and decide to look for a new one. While you have no job, you are still a CPA.

Think of it this way: You're a CPA. You just got your license about a year ago. You quit your job (any reason) and decide to look for a new one. While you have no job, you are still a CPA.

you seem to be either not understanding what i'm writing or just not reading it.... I have said banned, and exiled. those two words, emphasis on BANNED, mean that you have been kicked out.

and I tend to look at the Jedi order in the same light as the Marine Corps. Once a Marine always a Marine. but if you walk away/quit or a kicked out. you are no longer a Maine.

same thing here, he/she was no longer a Jedi... just a force user.... not even that since the connnection to the force was lost

you seem to be either not understanding what i'm writing or just not reading it.... I have said banned, and exiled. those two words, emphasis on BANNED, mean that you have been kicked out.

and I tend to look at the Jedi order in the same light as the Marine Corps. Once a Marine always a Marine. but if you walk away/quit or get kicked out, you are no longer a Marine.

same thing here, he/she was no longer a Jedi... just a force user.... not even that since the connnection to the force was lost

:hatchrun: Good point... I'll have to study before I can get a good comback...

the jedi order is a religion, and not being part of the religion but using the force is like the difference between satanism and christianity (alot like jedi and sith).

so I would believe the exile is not a jedi.

Religion?

The jedi believe and trust in the force.

There is no such of "god" for them there is only the force.

I think it's not a religion.

^ Budhism is a religion wheres their god? Rastafarianism is a religion wheres there god? A religion doesn't need a god, a religion is a way of life, a belief. And plus in several movies and books the jedi was refered to as none other than a religion

You my friend are all thats left of their religion-Tarkin Episode IV

...jedi adhere to their none theisical religious dogma no matter what-jangotat some clone wars novel.

I voted yes because the exile got exiled for jedi masters not knowing enough about what happened to him. Just because you cut yourself off from the force dosn't mean a jedi master should just exile him. Plus the Jedi Masters admitted that they should of told you why they exile you and some of them thought that they did the wrong thing in doing so. So due to the in confidence and inexperience of the jedi masters who exiled him i believe that they had no right to cast him out just cause he cut him self off from the force.

He may have gone to war but that means nothing because if you ask me the jedi were ignorant to not go to war during the mandilorian war. So really i see no reason why he is not a jedi. He used the force for what was right and good. He needed no redemption because what he did saved him and the Republic from falling. For if those jedi did not go to the war there would be no Republic or Jedi Order. So really I believe they should be commended for what they did by the jedi order. There just wasn't any good reason for the exile to be cast out. So really he should still be a jedi.

Budhism is a religion wheres their god? Rastafarianism is a religion wheres there god? A religion doesn't need a god, a religion is a way of life, a belief. And plus in several movies and books the jedi was refered to as none other than a religion

A religion has to have a divine entity that is worshipped in some way or another, otherwise it isn't a religion. The Force is not a "God" that is worshipped by the Jedi, it is just a powerful energy field that the Jedi call upon to protect the galaxy. You should have learned that from Yoda. :)

You my friend are all thats left of their religion-Tarkin Episode IV

Was Tarkin a Jedi/Sith? No, he wasn't, and all he really knew about the Force was that it was handy for choking people. He didn't really understand the Force at all. If you notice Rok_stoned, the Jedi Order is only referred to as a religion by non force-sensitive sentients that didn't know about the Force. It wasn't called that by Jedi, or Sith, who actually use it.

Archived