Jedi or no Jedi?

JediKnight707

Start as a Jedi or not?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Start as a Jedi or not?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to start as a Jedi, or at least be just starting to train as one. I realize I have said many other, different things than this, but I have just not been sure. Right now I am thinking (for my version of the story) that it would be good.

EDIT: Next time, you might not want to make this a multiple answer poll, I could have picked all three. Just for fun, I said "What's a Jedi" along with "Yes, be a Jedi." :D

In my opinion it all maters on what our maximum level will be, if the developers decide to make it 20 like in the first game, then I'd personally like to start as a jedi padawan or something. The only real problem I had with the first game was that we only had a few levels to advance before we reached our highest level in game, and we could advance up to 8 levels before becoming a jedi. That left only 12 levels to advance as a jedi, and if you chose to be either a guardian or a sentinal, you could only learn a maximum of 13 force powers, which to me really killed the whole jedi experience.

However, if the max level will be 50 like in TSL (god, I hope it's not) I'd rather start as a regular person, and eventually become a jedi after let's say level 20 or something. I think this'd work well to balance the force powers you'd recieve in game, seeing as if you are lucky enough to level all the way up to 50 in TSL, you would've had to learn just about every force power there is, which really unbalances the game.

Personally, I'd like to see something where we have a maximum of say 30 levels, and we start off as either a soldier, scoundrel, or scout and are trained to be jedi at a max level of about 7 or 8.

The main thing I'm worrying about with starting as a jedi or a regular person, is that I want to be able to eventually become a powerful jedi, but not an unstoppable force like the exile could've been in TSL by starting off as a jedi with an insane amount of levels that can be gained. I also don't want my jedi character learning only a couple of force powers throughout the course of the game due to starting as a regular person with only a handful of levels that can be easilly used up in a short period of time.

I think the devs will want to avoid this as well. I'm still pretty sure they'll having us starting the game as a padawan. Maybe we'll even get to pick some force powers during character creation.

Interesting... I think I would like this as well. Nice idea.

I suppose my vote is "Start as Jedi." It all depends on how it's emplemented. I liked how in K2 you became a Jedi very early in the game. Though I liked Taris in K1, I found myself trying to get through it as fast as possible just to get to the point where I became a Jedi. The was especially true on my first playthrough.

I like the idea, now that Achilles said it, of picking a few powers during charactor creation. To take that a step further, maybe you could get two "free" powers based on your Jedi class.

I Like starting out a nobody and then making choices on what Jedi Class to be.

the problem with starting out as a nobody is it is too close to the plott of the first one. you found out later that you were Revan, but intill then, you were just some regular person... with a hidden past.

and you make the class choices no matter what... so thats nothing that would be changed

I'd like to train as a Jedi, just because I liked interacting with the Masters in K1. I'd just like to do it a little earlier in the game. I wouldn't mind even starting the training at level 1, but I think most people would like to have some adventuring before hitting the formal Jedi training.

Rob - ...uh, you do start as a Jedi in TSL :)

Thing is, just because you start off as a Jedi doesn't mean you won't be trained. By starting the player off as a brand-new Padawan, the Jedi will train you throughout the first planet/level anyway so it's all good.

ahh to become a jedi u have to be well trained soo.....

Mandalore - sure, but if you start as a Padawan who has just entered the order, you start as a Jedi and you get trained.

Rob - I see your point, but still in TSL you're never a Soldier/Scout/Scoundrel etc. As for KotOR1, it fitted well with the storyline and whatnot, but I really can't see another "oh yeah, forgot to mention - you used to rule the galaxy" storyline in KotOR3.

I think it would be interesting, if you started out as nobody like in K1, but your gameplay choices (The reap what you sow feel of k2) determine whether or not if you can become a Jedi/Dark Jedi.

If you play the game purely good/evil, then you are offered the chance to train..or if you play the game neutrally, then you are never given the chance. Letting you continue to play and beat the game as an average joe or potentially to become a self made Jedi, like Kyle Katarn.

Archived