Jedi or no Jedi?

JediKnight707

Start as a Jedi or not?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Start as a Jedi or not?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:tsk: Not neccesarily. A Jedi is someone who is lightside, or is leaning towards there. A Force User is someone who uses the Force, or a Gray[/i] Jedi is a neutral Jedi.

True, although 'Jedi', has been used alot to refer to a force user. Notice how in the beginning of K2 it says you're a jedi, even though you're neutral?

They might pick up on like the yoda thing, were ure a jedi thats gone into hiding and has to be retrained...?

I haven't seen ESB in a while, but I thought Yoda was training Luke, not the other way around ;). Seriously though, they need a new idea, because the exile thing was done in K2, if I remember correctly.

P.S. Welcome to the SWK forums, its always good to see another canadian here. :D

I think you should start out as a Sith and have the option to become a Jedi if you want.

No offence, but why does everybody want to start out as a Sith? I don't care if you are a DS player, my friend, but there are a lot of people who aren't- including me. I don't want to start out as some evil guy, you should start out neutral and then head whichever way you want, instead of the game starting you off "biased."

Besides, that would be taking away from one of the most important elements of the game: choosing your alignment. You would pretty much be starting out with an already set alignment if you intend to be a Sith.

Forget my original idea of starting out as a Jedi-in-training. Now, upon contemplating that and other ideas, I think that either you should be a force-user starting to discover your powers but having no training, or a regular guy with some wierd abilities. Even if this is kind of close to the other games. For the same reasons that I have said about not starting as a Sith, they apply to starting as a Jedi, too.

I have said I don't want to start out as a Sith, but I bet people don't want to start out as a Jedi, also. And, as I have also said, one of KotOR's greatest parts is to choose your own destiny. Which means that you shouldn't be on the Sith/DS side at the start, but, that also means you shouldn't be on the Jedi/LS side at the start. I still hold that you should be learning the force in some way or another, and you should start with a good background like the others, but you shouldn't be on one side or the other.

How about this. A rogue/exiled/grey Jedi is teaching you some techniques of the force, along with some basic powers. This is without the knowledge of the Council, or anyone else. In this way, you would still be neutral yet you would have certain force powers. When you meet the Jedi Council and become a Jedi, this might even cause some friction between you and some of the Vrook-types on the Council.

How about this. A rogue/exiled/grey Jedi is teaching you some techniques of the force, along with some basic powers. This is without the knowledge of the Council, or anyone else. In this way, you would still be neutral yet you would have certain force powers. When you meet the Jedi Council and become a Jedi, this might even cause some friction between you and some of the Vrook-types on the Council.

That sounds a bit like the mod I believe Achilles created for KOTOR where you actually are able to use Force powers before you get to the Academy on Dantooine. I'm all for training whenn you start KOTOR 3 but this sounds interesting. Heck maybe the Jedi that is training you is one of the Lost Jedi Kriea names at the end of TSL like Mira or Atton.

You know, I downloaded that mod too, a while ago. I'm not sure if based it on this, but I kind of liked the idea.

As for what you said, I didn't think about having a character from TSL train you- perhaps that would work, I would probably think Atton would be the one. Or somebody else depending on who the Exile was.

Forget my original idea of starting out as a Jedi-in-training. Now, upon contemplating that and other ideas, I think that either you should be a force-user starting to discover your powers but having no training, or a regular guy with some wierd abilities. Even if this is kind of close to the other games. For the same reasons that I have said about not starting as a Sith, they apply to starting as a Jedi, too.

I have said I don't want to start out as a Sith, but I bet people don't want to start out as a Jedi, also. And, as I have also said, one of KotOR's greatest parts is to choose your own destiny. Which means that you shouldn't be on the Sith/DS side at the start, but, that also means you shouldn't be on the Jedi/LS side at the start. I still hold that you should be learning the force in some way or another, and you should start with a good background like the others, but you shouldn't be on one side or the other.

Thats the best idea ive heard yet so far. I think that could be the best way to start the game off. That way you get to start training in the beginning, and you remain neutral. And if this is either Atton or whoever else became a jedi in K2, then the only thing that would remain would have to be their reasons for training this particular person.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking about. What is really different about starting as a Jedi than starting as a Sith? It just means that instead of starting off with a set DS alignment, you start with a LS one.

As for reasons, Atton or whoever could be training you because of what he went through during the Exile's journey, and what he saw. He could train you because he thinks that you need to learn about the Force, and teach you about Revan and the Exile; So that you would understand about them and what they feared was beyond the outer rim, and what the real threat was.

And then, maybe through him you could set the Exile's gender, based on something he was telling you. You could be talking, and then the PC could ask something about "The Exile must have been extremely skilled", and then Atton would say something like: "Yeah, she was good." If you wanted a female Exile, you would just go on. If you wanted a male Exile, you would say, "She? I was talking about the Exile." Then Atton would say: "Oh, sorry, I was thinking about that Twi-Lek dancer in the cantina." :lol: Just another thought.

Alignment would be simple: Either "She became a Jedi again and defeated Darth Traya, didn't she?" or "From what I remember, she was a bit twisted by the dark side, and ended up becoming a Sith." But nevermind, that is off-topic.

I think the system they used un KotOR2 was ok. Force powes as soon you reached level 2. that was ok. Now the only diffrene they should make is that you'll haven a Light saber from the beginning. i hated that in K2. For hours without a lightsaber. If they fix that, I'd be very happy.

Archived