Home

Luke Skywalker confirmed as hero unit and more news

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Today, Gamespot had their 'On the spot' live event. Although much time wasnt given, gameplay was shown and the game is looking incredible. Superb graphics and very easy to use.

The big news, in addition to the fact that there will be 44 planets, is that Luke Skywalker WILL be a hero unit later in the game. Also, on the ground map, theres recruitment areas that need to be captured so you can actually call down more units.

This also, increases your population cap.

DMUK

What they said was that you can't get the hero back during the battle but will respawn eventually on the galactic map.Also some other new stuff I noticed. At-At's have the same special ability as star destroyers do with being able to make units for free.Something cool was the animation of the troops coming out. They use grappling hooks to rapple down from under the At-At. On the galactic map the hyper space lanes look longer then what they were on previous vids and that it took time for the fleet + DS to actually move to another planet. Some new hero powers. The Emperor reduces costs of building on whatever planet he is on. At the end they said they may come back later so we may be able to get more info.

What they said was that you can't get the hero back during the battle but will respawn eventually on the galactic map.Also some other new stuff I noticed. At-At's have the same special ability as star destroyers do with being able to make units for free.Something cool was the animation of the troops coming out. They use grappling hooks to rapple down from under the At-At. On the galactic map the hyper space lanes look longer then what they were on previous vids and that it took time for the fleet + DS to actually move to another planet. Some new hero powers. The Emperor reduces costs of building on whatever planet he is on. At the end they said they may come back later so we may be able to get more info.

Thats what i said, forgot to mention the respawn on the map part...=)

Yeah, I was hoping AT-AT's would be like "troop transports" in a way. You know, like how in AoE ships would hold troops that were created. To me, it doesn't make sense that an AT-AT can simply "produce" troops... as if they make stormtroopers from raw material or something (not to mention an infinite supply of raw material).

I'm anxious to see some of the rebel units and abilities he talks about...

That's good news......44 planets and Luke and increase the population cap. Wow! Thank for the info. DMUK! :D

On the battlefield of the planet you are assaulting that is.

Nothing was said about the overall galactic population.

J, rightclick the url and choose copy, open your Windows Media Player and use the url there.

Guest DarthMaulUK

You need to open you your Windows media player, copy the URL as shown, then click on FILE on the media player and then OPEN URL. A small box will pop up, just paste that url in there, hit enter. The adverts will start off. EaW is around 30minutes into the video

DMUK

My question is what kind of hero will luke be? a Jedi? a fighter ace? a rebel leader like Han? I mean were only suppose to be up to the new hope so how far can we develop Luke? An if so would that change the effect of capturing dahgoba for the rebels say before or after the emergence of Luke?

This also brings up another question I have will heros be developable, meaning can they get better as the game goes on? Say more powers and skills and abilities. For example R2 and 3po can steal tech for the rebels will they get better at it as you send they out be able to steal bigger and better tech and so on?

Guest DarthMaulUK

This also brings up another question I have will heros be developable, meaning can they get better as the game goes on? Say more powers and skills and abilities. For example R2 and 3po can steal tech for the rebels will they get better at it as you send they out be able to steal bigger and better tech and so on?

In Rebellion, Darth Vader could tell you if some one was force sensitive, and then train them. However, this wont be possible in EaW. I think also, you are talking of earning experience points. This wont happen with combat units but it is unclear if the same can be said for hero units.

DMUK

Archived