Home

Types of PLanets

mogga

Just wondering, for kotor 3, would you rather see city based regions or planets (Taris, Telos Citadel Station, Manaan,Anchorhead) Or more sparsely populated or completely wild regions or planets ( korriban, Most of Kashyyyk, Tatooine dune sea, some of Dantooine)?

I get the feeling that we'll be headed into the unknown region in search of Revan and/or the Exile, therefore I don't think we'll see very many city-like planets. I suspect that we'll start out on Telos, so we may see some city scapes there. I'm hoping for some more jungle planets (ala Dxun). Since we're in search of the True Sith, I'm hoping that we'll get to visit Yavin or even a Dagobah-like planet. Maybe some ancient sith cities on the outer rim, etc.

I get the feeling that we'll be headed into the unknown region in search of Revan and/or the Exile, therefore I don't think we'll see very many city-like planets. I suspect that we'll start out on Telos, so we may see some city scapes there. I'm hoping for some more jungle planets (ala Dxun). Since we're in search of the True Sith, I'm hoping that we'll get to visit Yavin or even a Dagobah-like planet. Maybe some ancient sith cities on the outer rim, etc.

Quoted for emphasis! :D

Yes very much so, which was something that i didn't feel in kotor
Go back and play KotOR again and see if you still feel that way.

IIRC, the devs stated in their post mortem that many players felt as though the areas were smaller even though they were actually bigger. They thought they would be able to improve game play by minimizing area transitions, but it seems that almost no one noticed.

I lean towards more city-scape planets simply because they give me more opportunity to interact with people (since there's more of them to talk to....), visit shops to get stuff, hang out in cantinas, harass the guards, have more opportunities for LS/DS points, that kind of thing. The interaction is one of the reasons I like Kotor better than the pure 'hack-and-slash' kinds of games. Assuming we head off to the Unknown regions, I imagine that any worlds there are generally going to be sparsely populated, so I expect to see those kinds of planets, too. If there's going to be sparsely populated planets, though, make sure to have interesting surroundings to look at. If I can't chat with people, I'd like to have (within reason) some detailed landscapes and 'good cinematography'.

Just wondering, for kotor 3, would you rather see city based regions or planets (Taris, Telos Citadel Station, Manaan,Anchorhead) Or more sparsely populated or completely wild regions or planets ( korriban, Most of Kashyyyk, Tatooine dune sea, some of Dantooine)?

I'd like a mix, like say ther is 8 planets I'd like 4 sparringly populated cities/towns and 4 high populated cities

Archived