Home

Welcome to Oldale town

Yes boys and girls, it's that time of the year again and there is the time for my new and legally approved Wild West story. Hurrah!

No profile needed, unless you want to, but you have to be pretty descriptive of your character's looks

---

It's a nice day in Texas, the people of Oldale town are going about their ways, some playing poker, some enjoying their families, some mining up on the mountains, some herding the cattle. The day was like any other day before that...

A sign about 300 feet from the first building in the town said

'Welcome to oldale Town

Citizens 56'

---

A brown horse with a white stripe along it's side rode into town, a long coated man on it's back. The stetson he wore shadowed his eyes and a cigarette hung on his dry, slightly pink lips. He had a ruffled look with his stubble and dirty, blue shirt. The man had a black leather belt holding up his light brown pants which were covered by dark brown leather chaps that slightly showed his cowboy boots. Right below his belt was his gun belt, where his two holsters hung with two shiny Colt Peacemakers holstered in them. The horse stopped next to the loval saloon and the rider jumped off, looking up and down the street. The man tied the horse onto the pilar and then headed inside, the stars behind his boots giving the clicking sound as he took a step. Not many turned to see the brown-coated man as he walked into the saloon and straight to the bartender to order a whiskey. The blue eyes of the newcomer looked around carefully, watching the people around himelf. He could see no familiar faces that he was hired to kill or bring in. That was what he did... His name was Thomas MacAdams, a mercenary for hire

((And if I find out you won't post in the Tales of the Third ages after I make this, you better sleep with your other eye open...))

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The waitress of the bar eyed the newcomer for a few seconds before she went back into the kitchen to find if the cook had finished anyone else's order. She was still fairly new to Oldale, but had adapted well enough to the setting to be offered a job after the old waitress died.

Her name was Anna Waters. With sea-green eyes and shoulder-length blonde hair, she stood at 5 feet 4 inches tall. Though people in Oldale were curious to know where she'd come from and why she stuck around, she was content to let them be curious. She never spoke of her past.

"Whiskey for you, sir," she told the newcomer, sliding a glass of the liquid to him before vanishing into the kitchen once more.

The man took the glass and gulped it down with in one and just in time for him to turn around to see a poker game gone bad.

"You cheated, you skunk!" a fat old man shouted and jumped up, his chair droppig to the foor with a bang.

"I did not! You lie!" the other, well dressed man shouted back and stood up, ready to take his pistol out

"Why you little..." the fat man grunted and drew his old, half rusted gun and shot at the man, the shot going two inches off it's target and hitting the nearby wall. The well dressed man drew his gun and was about to shoot as a bullet his the gun and nudged it enought for the man to shoot at the wall. Allnow turned at the newcomer, who held his other revolver in his hand, smoke coming from the barrel. "Take it outside, will 'ya?" his deep, a bit dry voice said as he rolled the colt around his finger a few times and then holstered it. "Another whiskey" he ordered, turning back to the bardesk

Anna passed another glass to the man and turned to the two fighters. "Do as he says," she called. "If you want to make the Oldale population read 54, do it outside, not here."

Her glare shut both men up and both sat down. Anna stared at them before nodding and leaning against the nearest wall.

Thomas waited for a while befoe gulping down the other glass of whiskey, then after finishing it, his eyes went to Anna. "You got a good glare" the man finally said after a good quiet moment near the bar. The chatter continued everywhere else in the saloon. The man really didn't need anykind of an answer, as it wasn't even a question, but he kept his eyes on the woman. His hand went to his cigarette, took it out of his mouth and dropped it into the small amount of whiskey in his glass with a hiss. He then gave out a real question. "You got any rooms free? I might be staying here for a couple of days"

The man chuckled and nodded silently. He stood up and corrected his long jacket. "Well, how much is it for a couple of nights?" he asked and leaned onto the desk, his eyes still on her. The noise in the saloon was starting to rise again and soon became the same kind of a riot than before. The poker game was on, the drunkards were tlling tales and the miners were drinking up

Tommy Walker walked into the saloon and sat down at his usual table.

He'd been born in Oldale, left when he was a teenager, came back in his mid-twenties. He'd never told anyone what he'd done or what'd caused him to come back, and the town had a variety of different theories. He saw Anna talking with a man, and the table with cards on it and to men sitting there. They weren't playing anymore, he guessed there'd probably been an arguement about cheating. The fat guy always started those.

Anna glanced in Tommy's direction and called, "Hey, Tommy! Can I get you anything?"

She hoped he wouldn't ask her where she'd come from... it was a common source of entertainment in Oldale since she always thought up some quick retort. The bar quieted a little, hoping that Tommy would ask her for information concerning herself.

"The whiskey's easy," Anna said with a sigh as the bar fell completely silent. "But my backstory's like a pastry two weeks old... so hard you'll never taste the filling."

The bar burst into laughter and Anna took a glass of whiskey to Tommy. As she neared him, the bar quieted again for the words they were sure would come next: "And you're getting close to being beat up by a girl, so I suggest you not ask again."

The threats and jokes were always enough for the people of Oldale. Anna's past was safe so long as she kept giving them. It wasn't like she ever planned on actually getting in any fights, though she could beat up half the town if she wanted to. She preferred the peace and quiet, such as it was in little Oldale.

At the toast, Anna swept up a glass for herself and participated. When Tommy mentioned the newcomer, she nodded. "Yes, to the newest stranger." She turned to the new guy and said, "Perhaps if you stay long enough, they'll start pestering you and ignore me!"

Everybody else in the bar laughed. Anna downed her entire glass and went back to work.

The newcomer looked around and placed a couple of coins onto the desk. "That should cover for the whiskey" he noted before walking to the door and walking out, the doors giving a loud schreech as he did so. The man freed his horse from the pole and mounted it for the short ride from the saloon and to the stables. He unmounted and walked the horse into the stables and asked for the backsmith to get the horse some new shoes while he's gone, then threw him a small bag filled with coins. "That should cover for the shoes and for a couple of nights of stay" he said before walking away again. He had no hurry in his mind, so he returned towards the saloon, just to get a local gunslinger stop him next to the door. "We don't want your kind here, mercenary" the man said and Thomas just looked at him with a smirk.

"Get off my way. I go where I want to"

"Oh no you don't" the man said and drew his pistol after Thomas had walked all the way to the door. Thomas turned to look at the man and shook his head.

"Do't waste your life" Thomas said and as he saw the man was about to move his finger to the trigger, he pulled his gin and hot his finger off.

"Go home before I shoot somewhere where it really hurts" he said after the man had dropped the gun onto the ground and had himself dropped on his knees. Thomas holstered his revolver and walked into the saloon, wrapping himself a new cigarette, this time more eyes looking a him after the little incident outside

A man came riding in past Thomas as he did this. A black horse with a rider to match. With a black poncho that covered his entire body with the sides open but shady. He wore a typical cowboy hat, black. He unmounted his horse and tied it up in the stables, paid then headed to the saloon.

Once there he opened the doors and walked to the bardesk.

"Nice to see you again Anna." Said Jack Ironheart. "I'll have a whiskey." Jack was the first one in Oldale to welcome her without asking any questions, he recently returned rom who knows where.

"As usual," Anna answered with a smile. "How can it be otherwise? Stranger that just left is the first newcomer since I came a year ago. And while Ted and Gordon," she gestured to the fat man and the other would-be fighter, "are almost dead, by natural or unnatural causes, there are still 56 people in Oldale and if those two drop off, it'll still be business as usual... with a little less noise."

Thomas sat now in a corner table, his other hand on the table and the other on his other Colt. He seemed to be alert, even if he looked like he was just sitting there, smoking his cigarette quietly. He signalled for Anna to come with a glass of whiskey and drew a small leather bag, tied from the top, from his belt. He opened it and looked inside quickly. When eventually Anna got to give him his drink, he threw the bag closer to her. The bag gave a clonk like nothing else would when thrown... It could be heard that it was filled with gold. "That should cover for two knights, this whiskey and some information where I could find Mr. Brutus Eisenhower. I've heard that Oldale town has a special kindness towards him" he said and gave a smirk while he raised his hat enought for his mouth to be clearly seen. His other hand went from the gun and over to the glass of whiskey, rolled a finger around the side and then rose the glass quickly to his lips as he gulped it all down and calmly placed the glass back down onto the table. This time, you could clearly see what hung on the breast pocket of his shirt, and it looked clearly like a star. He quickly covered it by pulling his vest infront of it. He needed to look like a hired killer so he wouldn't get kind service around town. Kindness towards strangers was suspicious

"Spread the word that I'm searching for him" he said and leaned back, raising his feet onto the table like he woned the town. "I'll be right here if anyone needs me. You know any youngster around town who might be interested in running around the town for a small reward?" he asked and took his cigarette from his mouth, looking at her still, his eyes not even seem to blink as they shone from the shadows of his stetson

He smiled and dropped the cigarette into the whiskey glass. He took his feet from the table and stood up, walking over to her. "Don't underestimate my intelligence, sweetheart" he said with a grin and slapped her behind while going to the door. He gave another look around the saloon and then walked out to the street to see if he might find a nice rifle or a shotgun he could buy, as he was lacking of one

Archived