Home

KING KONG!

Darth Groovy

So now it's just two weeks away to Peter Jackson's King Kong remake. Despite what I feel about remakes, i'm pretty excited about this one, AND I checked out a copy of Peter Jackson's King Kong for my XBOX, i'm about to fire it up in just a little bit.

Anybody played this yet?

Feel free to discuss the game AND the movie, and ALL things related to KONG here!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after playing the game, it makes me want to see the movie all that much more. It's easy to pick up on, looks absolutely freaking gorgeous. You basically play right along side all the key players, and have free roam to explore skull island. Lots of nasty creatures and tense moments.

so far, I got up to the point where Kong makes kidnaps Naomi Watts, talk about one HELL of an entrance!

Everyone should at least rent this game and play it just once!

Donkey Kong!

:p

Apparantly Donkey Kong was the son of King Kong and next in line to the throne, but became an orphan when his father died. Soon afterwards he was adopted by Nintendo who at the time was experimenting with transforming living creatures into videogame characters... oh wait, I-I've said too much...

They had the game at Walmart on the 360. I played it for a few minutes, but the right analogue stick was broken so it kinda sucked. From the little bit I saw, the game looks awsome. I was in the jungle and was immediately struck by the graphics.

The movie looks great. Jack Black even looks good in it. I will definitly see this movie.

Game doesn't interest me. Movie? I'm pumped for that too, but not as much as I am for Narnia. Jack Black looks brilliant in it, changing Jack Driscoll from action hero to a screenwriter makes it all the more heroic, Naomi Watts is one of the hottest women in Hollywood that I know of, and everything else in it looks great!

It still baffles me though why Jackson is remaking his favorite movie. Would anyone here wanna remake SW (the original trilogy at least)? I know I wouldn't.

I gotta say i've got no excitement about this whatsoever.

Jackson is certainly talented, and if its true that the cut is about 3 hours then he must have added a fair bit to the story... cos at the moment (from all the trailers) it looks almost like a shot for shot remake of the original(s). And to be fair the originals hardly had enough plot to make up 3 hours (go to island, lose girl, chase girl, get monkey, end)

The trailers don't look that special. the dinosaurs don't look much improved over jurassic park, and kong himself doesn't look like anything special.

I'm sure that when it actually comes down to it it will be great, but so far they haven't really shown anything to imply that it will be.

(right now i'm more hyped about narnia, although even that looks nothing that special)

(right now i'm more hyped about narnia, although even that looks nothing that special)

Blasphemy! :p Nah, I read your thoughts and understand, but it can't rip off LotR too much. There's only one battle sequence in the whole thing as epic as anything we've seen in Jackson's other films.

And I personally think the dinos in JP1 look better than all this stuff in Kong. I'm still excited to see it though. There haven't been too many great movies lately, new to DVD or theaters. These both look to be great compared to the other stuff coming out lately.

oh wait, I-I've said too much...

if u did, u would have deleted the post...

im excited for this one, especially because peter directed it and hes an awsome director that did lord of the rings...

i played the demo of the game on 360, and i have to say, the graphics are intense, but where is the HUD? how do u know how much ammo is left or ur health? or does that add to the reality?

I've been playing the demo in a local store... Meh. It's not that fun. I'd rather restart the 360 and play COD2 than Kong...

And just so you know, MTV, Jackson incisted himself that they don't 'ruin' the game with a HUD. I'm actually glad there's not a HUD around. It gives that 'Free feeling'... At least for me... >.>

And just so you know:

THE BIG APE DIES IN THE END! OMGLOLWHEE!

I've been playing the demo in a local store... Meh. It's not that fun. I'd rather restart the 360 and play COD2 than Kong...

And just so you know, MTV, Jackson incisted himself that they don't 'ruin' the game with a HUD. I'm actually glad there's not a HUD around. It gives that 'Free feeling'... At least for me... >.>

And just so you know:

THE BIG APE DIES IN THE END! OMGLOLWHEE!

i agree w/ the HUD, i like how it gives it more feeling and more view. cuz how u gunna know ur Heatlth or how much ammo u have?

What tripped me out was the first part where you finally get to play as Kong. I was just sort of sitting there thinking I was watching a cut scene. After Kong didn't move for a few minutes I finally started hitting buttons on my controller, and bam....i'm Kong. Yes, the graphics are just THAT good. Kudos to the developers for that little surprise. :eek:

Archived