Home

Ballance will be great i think.

Fishflesh

In strategy games Ballance is always an issue, mostly the more factions you got the less difrent thay get becose ballance can become an issue, thats why i think 2 factions is realy great becose you can get the most variety and the best ballance.

if you look at Battle for middel earth thay had ballance issue's at the start of this game at patch 1.02 thay fixed a lot of the ballance issue's .

the problem is thay had 4 sides, now whit battle for middel earth 2 (wich will release about the same time as empire at war) thay have 6 party's ...

Thay have mayor ballance issue's whit that game, unless thay make it less variety and it may become a galactic battlegrounds were everyting just has some difrent look but its just the same units.

I think ballance in empire at war will be perfect since thay have only to ballance between the empire and the rebellion thats why i realy like that there only have 2 factions in this game.

I think if Petroglyph wants to make the game any good at all they will have balance between the 2 sides. You can't make an RTS where one side is stronger than the other. Sure, both sides will have strengths and weaknesses, but they both will be able to beat each other.

I agree with shadowsfm, balance will be good but I would not be surprised if people complain that there ties suck compaired to x-wings. We dont want a one for one exchange balance but rather two unqiue factions and overall they can hang with each other, then again it depends on what you want to do right. If your a tank rush kind of guy you may be disapointed playing as the rebels.

There will be great variety with only two sides? I think not.

I hope you don't think that GB had "great variety" with all 537 sides that were exactly identical except for one "unique unit" and a few "unique techs."

I think there will be a pretty good amount of variety between the two sides because they both have two totally different approaches to warfare. Each side looks to have their own strategy and completely different ways of implementing that strategy. The variety in this game is in the fresh feeling when switching between factions and finding that the rebels don't have something that can stand toe to toe with the AT-AT and that the rebels have to use totally different tactics to win. That's variety right there and not 300+ units who are just really the same 18 units duplicated through each civ as seems so often the case.

Yeah I have to agree more factions means nothing. In fact it most likely means that there all the same. Two factions will be very good because they can spend so much time adding layers of units that perform similar functions but different stats and deployments for example some people may want to build more armor other aircraft others more troops you can really customize your army and still go toe to toe with the other guy if you know what your doing. That is the best part, finding your own way to win instead of coming here complaining that there is no way to win against something, instead there will be countless opinions available depending on your preference.

well, starcraft had 3 comletly diffrent teams

... and it even took longer and many patches to get the game mostly Balanced. I remember the first 3 months of the game where overpowered units f**** the game up.

So 2 Teams with the Stone-Scissors-Paper balancing is the best options to choose from (especially because there are only 2 really big factions in the Timeline)

Originally posts by darthfergie

I think there will be a pretty good amount of variety between the two sides because they both have two totally different approaches to warfare. Each side looks to have their own strategy and completely different ways of implementing that strategy.

Excactly. That's one of the most major reasons rebels count on small numbers of shielded vehicles/crafts etc, so that they can hold up a little when a reb tank attacks an ATAT face-to-face and since their resources are indespensable, while imps count on the number of their forces, which -normally- outnumbers the rebs' ones.

would the population cap make it so rebs and imps have same much units in the end?

Not the same amount probably. I'm guessing that larger/more powerful units will take up more space on the population cap. But I think that it will still cause the game to have balance. It will make the sides evenly matched.

Archived