Home

Will a JO master server be going down?

Space Goat

Where did you hear the rumor? Cite your source.

There has apparently been a "rumor" started every year that the JK2 master server was going down, but it's always turned out to be false. People just like to spread rumors.

Honestly I can't seem them keeping it forever unless it's really cheap to do so. Eventually the company will go out of business (would LucasArts pass the server then on to somebody else to maintain?). Then again you could always just edit your cfg file and list any other master servers. As long as somebody was running one somewhere you could get servers to play on through it (and you could always add servers manually or play on your lan if there were no master servers).

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless Raven Software or LucasArts stated that it was true.

Show me the thread, or have the person post here. We can't rely on "a friend of a friend told me" that's urban legends fodder. What was this person's name? Why should we believe them?

SHOW US THE PROOF! If nothing else, use the search function, and post the URL here of what you found...

Trust me, if somebody started the rumor here, they'd be smacked down quickly without proof. ;)

If I were asserting the truth of the rumor, I would do all that. But I'm merely asking about the rumor's veracity, which you've already demolished for me. ;) (I certainly think you, as an administrator here, are more credible than a friend of a friend, anyway.)

Thanks for clearing it up.

• 2 months later...

Archived