Home

The Final Battle

vader815

I hope in K3 that the final battle against you alone and the main sith lord that the battle will be more video like. I mean like you're jumping off walls and knocked down lightsabers or even a collapsing room and you're fighting while it happens.

I realise this sounds fun to you Vader815, but I am going to have to disagree. This would be out of place in the KOTOR series.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with improving graphics but changing the whole style isn't a great idea

Agreed. There is definitely no need to change the style of the KOTOR games. Besides, the next game will be on the XBOX 360, so the graphics will be greatly improved.

I hope in K3 that the final battle against you alone and the main sith lord that the battle will be more video like. I mean like you're jumping off walls and knocked down lightsabers or even a collapsing room and you're fighting while it happens.

Sorry, but I don't think that it is that good to see how you watch how your own character bounces of the wall and fights him himself. Although at least the final battle could spare some improvments at least.

So this is, what, post #1,001 suggesting a FPS-style button mashing game? :lol:

Maybe the mods can create one thread where all people who want JA or JK style games can come up with their ideas, rather than having a new thread pop up every other day by someone new who thinks it would be wonderful to turn KOTOR into an action button mashing game. :smash:

Aboslutely not.

What in space are you thinking? I don't think changing the whole style at the end of a three game series is even possible.

Even if it was, Why?

Although, I do believe the graphics will be greatly improved. I'm sure the devs are trying to figure out how to bring Kotor back to the original '03 game of the year popularity. It's going to be difficult with the drop off K2 took.

Did you ask yoursel;f how kotor is made?

It uses the Dungeons and Dragons set!

In Baldurs Gate, you can't dodge, in Neverwinter Nights you can't dodge.

All i mean to say is, changing the system might result in a bad game.

Good 'dodgers' don't have to spend points in Dexternity, they just click.

One word:

(puts up Darth Vader voice) * Nooooooo*

PS: Graphics MUST be improved. Kotor 1 and 2 where specificly designed for X-Box, so we had bad and ugly graphics. Creating it for the X-Box 360 might turn out to be the boost the series needs.

...in Neverwinter Nights you can't dodge.

Not exactly. During both ranged and melee combat, the character does move around the enemy and strafes left and right. Also the weapons clash better.

Creating it for the X-Box 360 might turn out to be the boost the series needs.

X-Box 360 is the same thing as the old X-Box: Unstable junk in my opinion.

(puts up Darth Vader voice) * Nooooooo*

That's what I say about changing the game engine

Graphics MUST be improved. Kotor 1 and 2 where specificly designed for X-Box, so we had bad and ugly graphics. Creating it for the X-Box 360 might turn out to be the boost the series needs.

Maybe but not everyone could afford a new piece of gear to play the game. I know I can't and I like KOTOR.

X-Box 360 is the same thing as the old X-Box: Unstable junk in my opinion.

I really want to hear how your giong to expaline how the 360 is the same as the previous X Box. and with the exception of the old school Nintendo Box, every system that has come out has had problems at the launch. If people use common sense and dont buy the damm thing right out of the gate, they wont get stuck with the glitches.

and for the record, KOTOR III will look great on the 360

i have to agree with the disagreer's (is that even a word?) Although i wouldnt mind a cut scene in the middle of the battle to know something has changed becuase i love cut scenes in kotor they look so good, and with the 360's graphics the cut scenes could be even better with better graphics and a more slic feel maybe even getting rid of some rubbish loading times.

I understand what youre saying, but that would conflict with the combat system and the basics of the KOTOR series, what you want seems more suited for the JK series. Having it as a cutscene might not be that bad, like a cutscene fight that leads to a different area or a change in the original area.

Archived