Home

Remake a Movie!

Darth Groovy

Alice in Wonderland. Live action. Tim Burton at the helm. :cool:

I'd also suggest Wizard of Oz with Burton as director, but I think there should be a law never to remake that or do any more sequels to it ever. It'd be truer to the book with the darkness, but it's a classic not one person dislikes I think. Why ruin its good name?

Transformers - live action... oh wait...

Almost no remakes manage to capture the magic of the original... especially my nostalgia filled memories of all the stuff I loved as a kid. So i'd be very wary of risking remaking anything. Except maybe some of the bad remakes.

Airwolf - gotta say that i've thought for ages this would rock with the effects of today. They'd need to make sure it didn't turn into Stealth though.

Dump all the camp, and the vietnam flashback stuff.

Star Wars episodes 1 and 2 - cut them together into a single "godfather 2" type film, moving backwards and forwards between older anakin and younger anakin/obiwan. There should be enough in there to make one decent movie.

The Saint - Write a decent, clever plot that actually resembles the tv series. And cast it properly (kilmer was terribly miscast). Make it mission impossible 1 meets bond.

No, I personally think the original movies should be revamped since there is better technology nowadays. Like make the battle more exciting, and digitalize Yoda. Stuff like that. Remember this is my opinion.

Saying that would be like saying every old movie needs to be redone since there is better technology.

No, I personally think the original movies should be revamped since there is better technology nowadays. Like make the battle more exciting, and digitalize Yoda. Stuff like that. Remember this is my opinion.

And turn them into the prequels...? Wilson confused. But like you said its your opinion :D

And the first 3 Harry potter films. Cause they were crap and you all know it

So you found the prequels more.... exciting? Err, ok. As you said, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Excitement's great and all (lightsaber duel in TPM and speeder chase in AotC are among my fav action scenes), but something called drama is needed for the movie to also be good. The original trilogy had that.

Plus more charm, and better sfx than most of TPM. You can tell that because when they re-did them for the DVD (for the 2nd time) the main SFX they fixed were the SFX from the 96 versions, not the SFX from the 70s versions. :D

Tron actually might be a good one to remake as it was always more about SFX than story anyway... though I have to say it does have a lot of charm... and if they made it now surely they would ahve to make it with cutting edge SFX... which would make it look just like the Final Fantasy movie or something.

Jason and the argonauts? though i gotta say that again, most of the charm was in the style of the original effects, not the plot or the characters or anything. SO redoing it might make it more modern, but less interesting.

Sinbad the Sailor and Tarzan have to be up for new films soon (while not exactly remakes). (And on a side note: Sands of Time needs a movie adaption).

I've been trying really hard to think of things stat should be remade, and its very hard... i can't even think of any remakes i particularly prefer.. so i can't even get any inspiration that way.

If they are going to do reamkes though think they should try and only do really old films (like the original king kong) that would otherwise pass from our culture. Remaking things like Star Wars or texas Chainsaw or whatever that are still seen as fairly current seems a daft idea to me, as everyone will have seen the original and compare it. On the other hand i'm sure there are some awesome old B&W movies that could be remade and brought to new audiences... but then they don't want that, they just want the name value - who cares if the film is good, as long as people are curious enough to go and pay in the first place.

Archived