Home

Should the Empire start out with Clonetroopers or stormtroopers?

aggie_john

Which troop should the Empire start with?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which troop should the Empire start with?

• Clone Troopers from EpIII
    • Stormtroopers
    • some hybrd of both?

I want clones, but I don't really mind if its stormtroopers, just from some of the previews it says that the empire has to research to gain access to certain troops, iirc the latest Gamespot preview, or maybe clones turn into stormtroopers with experience which would kind of fit with what darthfergie said. Plus clones look cooler, and at the end of episode three there aren't any stormtroopers afaik.

well that depends on how later this game starts after III. Remember it ends at IV not starts there. Also the emperior would never kill off the clones...Why they were so loyal to him, if anything they just retired some where, we also know for a fact that the first stormtroopers were clones and that atleast a small percent of them were still clones in the end, like the 501th.

well that depends on how later this game starts after III. Remember it ends at IV not starts there. Also the emperior would never kill off the clones...Why they were so loyal to him, if anything they just retired some where, we also know for a fact that the first stormtroopers were clones and that atleast a small percent of them were still clones in the end, like the 501th.

I think what he ment was that the Emperor had exhausted his supply of clones after a time period through campaigns and such to the point where there were few to none left. I don't think he was saying the emperor took them out and slaughtered them for the good of the Empire.

And you have a good point about the 501st. They were a clone regiment for sure. Admittedly some may have been replaced by the time of ANH, but from what it sounds like, there was a sizable amount of clones who were exceedingly loyal to the emperor.

Sorry to get off on a tangent...I just find it interesting to think about what the Star Wars universe would be like without the Timothy Zahn establishing cloning used by the Emperor...

3-4 years seems wrong to me. I know they said that but it cant be, we never see venators or Aclamators in the movies Ican belive they would be in service all the way up to 3-4 years before the IV just to completely disapear, maybe they ment 3-4 years after III which would give us some time to work with.

3-4 years seems wrong to me. I know they said that but it cant be, we never see venators or Aclamators in the movies Ican belive they would be in service all the way up to 3-4 years before the IV just to completely disapear, maybe they ment 3-4 years after III which would give us some time to work with.

Just because you dont see a Venator or Acclaimator doesnt mean they all disapeared. It may mean that the Empire decided to use ISD's as its main vessel though, as seen in the original trilogy.

Archived