Home

[JA] Some Saber Questions

wirm

Hi folks, I'm new to these forums and have some questions that i can't seem to find answers for.

What is the fastest way of dealing a lot of damage when an enemy becomes vulnerable? I know there are plenty of moves that leave a person open for retaliation. I’ve read a bunch of guides that say something like “experts will punish you if you miss”. How do they do that?

When you take on Alora for the last time (hard mode), how the heck do you beat her? I’ve fought bots in multi, and they’re all a heck of a lot easier than Alora. It took like 20 reloads for me to get a luck shot in there and kill her. I want an honest way of killing her with the saber (no lightning or tossing her off a cliff).

Is fighting her over an over a good way to train my dueling skills, or is she an unrealistic opponent? Why are all of the other non-boss saber users (especially the single saber) so much easier?

I even tried spamming butterflies on Alora, and every time, she slashes me in the middle of it. I thought butterfly was supposed to be good. Or does it work differently in multiplyer? Which part of it am I supposed to hit the enemy with, the beginning or end?

When I use Force Push on Reborns or Cultists, they tend to block most of it. Is there a way I can do that in multiplayer?

I’ve got some other questions about sabers, but that was already a lot to digest. :ears1:

Thanks for any help.

1) Usually, when an enemy/opponent misses, I strafe and smack them with a diagonal (staff) or a side-swipe (single)

2) Same as when dueling in MP, only the SP engine is much easier. Saving right before the battle is key, because saber fights are unpredictable. There isn't really a set strategy for winning every match. As Luke said in JO: "If the ways of the Force were easy, there'd be millions of us, instead of dozens.

3) The dual saber thing is what I find to be the toughest. They have uber-block that nobody can say even the Saber Staff has. So, yeah, she's not as good as humans, but it's far from the worst, like spawning JO's Reborn in JA. :xp:

4) When she's on your right, try a right slash. On the left, same but on the left. Left-and-behind, do a diagonal-back. And when behind, try a backstab once. If you miss, don't try it again. And when in front, get her or you positioned so she isn't. She, like many Dual Saberists, has uber-block ability.

Also, even if you consider saber combat "honest", the Force is your friend; Jedi aren't famous nearly as much for their saber skills as they are their ability to use the Force! You don't have to spam Lightning to use it properly. Use it to take if health, or slow her down long enough to get into position for a good move that can take of about 50+ health. Just tap Grip to freeze her (holding it down guarantees a Push against you) long enough to move. Drain and/or Heal as necessary. Don't bother with Protect, but use Absorb when needed. She isn't afraid of being called a n00b for using Lightning. I don't bother with Rage; save the health for combat. Then there's the Core powers. Use Push/Pull when she's in mid-air to knock her down, making her vulnerable. Use Speed to make the combat slow, like Chess. Saber Throw if she's down for any reason. Free damage, that way. If you use the Staff, mix Kicks in there with combat!

Finally, if none of the above works, you can dramatically slow down the entire game until the next cutscene or level. The code, however, is cheat-protected, so you will need to type in the following codes to make this work:

]helpusobi 1

]timescale <number>

Replace <number> with a number between 0.00000001 and 99999 or something. I recommend, if you want to do this, making the timescale 0.2. This will make the game very slow. You will be able to watch Alora's movements and get out of the way or attack before she can hit you. After a few rounds like that, increase the speed until you can beat her with ease at timescale 1, which is the default.

Good luck! :)

I just finished the game in Jedi Knight difficulty (pretty proud of myself). Of course, I was throwing reborns off of cliffs shamelessly, but I’m still pretty proud of myself. Here’s another couple of questions (mainly about Alora).

Do bosses have more than 100 health? Because I must really suck if I need to use force Heal half a dozen times in every fight, while they’re sitting pretty with normal health.

I know Alora can throw both sabers at you in some kind of figure eight. Is there any way I can do that, or is she being cheap?

On a related note, Alora seems to be able to cancel out of special moves. For example, when she starts the Saber Barrier, I back off and get ready for a nice rolling stab. But when I do, she just stops. Can I stop a kata too, or is it only her?

Many of the reborn seem to kick me over every once in a while, even when they’re using single or dual sabers. I thought only staff had kick.

What is that move where enemy reborn grab you and there suck out your health? Can I do that to them?

Can “good” players beat the JA bosses consistently? Kyle and Tavion were tough, but they didn’t give me as much trouble as Alora did.

1) Bosses do have higher health scripted in. This is done so you don't rip through Alora like paper.

2) I think you can do it too: A friend of mine said he did it. I haven't been able to reproduce it, though.

3) Alora and RebornMasters can break katas. It's really annoying. You can't to it.

4) Only Staff can kick. The AI cheats to make up for the fact that it can't fight worth crap.

5) That's Force Drain. Get close to them and hold down the Drain key if you have level 1 or higher Drain. But most Reborn will just Force Push their way out of the Drain. So can you.

6) Even the best of players get a surprise every once in a while, and lose. But yeah, I can kick Alora's arse most of the time, and Tavion... well, if I get lucky... I never fight Kyle because I usually go light-sidey at the end, just out of habit.

Finally, don't consider it bad to push them off cliffsides! That's saving your health for later, when you need it most. ;)

Archived