Home

Limitless fighters?/PC Spec

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Having read that you can get unlimited fighters (with cool down timer) I found this piece from the gamespot forum where someone played at the game at the recent 'on the spot' event

He said Oh ya, Imperial Star Destroyers launch Tie Fighters limitlessly... at least that's what the Lucasarts Rep told me... but you can target their hangar bay and put it out of commission

Great idea to have that in the game and a real pain, if your hangar bay gets disabled. He went onto say about the PC Spec I was checking the settings, the PC had it running on 1024 x 768... 4x anti-aliasing all graphic options turned on high. but you have to remember, these are NOT final spec settings for the game and probably will be able to run on lesser PCs.

DMUK

Well, 4x antialising (and also anisotropic most possible to have been turned on) means pretty much heavy work from the graphic card's side...

If the game played smoothly in such resolution and with these options, then the game might run smoothly on most systems. Also, there are other games with more fierce graphics (ie. Trackmania Sunrise eXtreme) where the devs managed to pull down -someway- the system specs very low, so that most users can play the game with nice graphics.

Finally, you mention that these are not the final specs; yet, one-two months away cannot change the whole graphic engine, at least not dramatically. What can be done is the resize of the scale among units, some texture details etc.

On the average, many demanding games suggest the following system specs:

Minimun requirements

• Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
    Pentium III 500MHz
    512MB DDR-Ram
    64MB 3d accelerator card compatible with DX 9.0c
    16-bit sound card
    4x CD/DVD-ROM driver
    1GB available on hard disk

Actually, on such a system, the game (generally speaking, including EaW ofcourse) never plays normally :) .It will look like an old PacMan game with blurred graphics. I suppose EaW will play normally on a system mentioned below:

Recommended requirements

• Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
    Pentium IV 2.06GHz (or AMD AthlonXP 2000+)
    512MB DDR-Ram (or 768MB DDR-Ram)
    128MB 3d accelerator card compatible with DX 9.0c
    16-bit sound card
    4x CD/DVD-ROM driver

And for the best experience...

High-detailed smooth graphics

• Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
    Pentium IV 3GHz (or AMD Athlon 3200+ or Dual Core AMD processors)
    1GB DDR2-Ram Dual Channel (DC supportd by the motherboard ofcourse)
    256MB 3d accelerator card compatible with DX 9.0c
    16-bit sound card
    4x CD/DVD-ROM driver

Well, compare and make your outcomes. Personally im in the last category ;)

As i said, actually none game can play as "game" in the minimum requirements that the companies state.

PS: Processors are not the only factors where a computer "beats" another; compare a P4 2.06 with an ATI X800XL on it VS a P4 3.8GHz with a 32MB graphic card, and you'll see what i mean. Dual Channel Rams, AI boost technologies etc etc.....also add up.

PS2: Equivalent processors editted ;)

Archived