Home

Will the game work on my PC? Find out

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I plan on Buying a laptop that outstrips my PC by double most specs. Plus it is a GeForce GX7800 graphics card/ All for £1240

*mutter*IHateGamingLaptops*grumble*

seriously though, if you can avoid it, stay far away from gaming laptops. You'll never be able to upgrade them and many times since they are laptops they use drivers from the manufacturer and after a year or two, the manufacturer may not think it important to keep supplying updated drivers for your laptop. If you get a laptop get a midrange one and save yourself some grief, and battery life for that matter, gaming laptops have none. heh.

/rant

top 11%

Need a new graphic card

Processor Intel Pentium 4 3080MHz

Display Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

Memory 1024MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Free Disk Space 7.96GB

Display Card Memory 128MB

Display Driver Version 8.1.9.4

DirectX Version 9.0c

Optical Drive CD/DVD

Sound Card SB Audigy Audio [D800

woops!!

88% of the systems scanned by the Game Advisor rank higher in performance than your system.

This is my computer specs. What do I need to upgrade, and where will I find these things??

Processor AMD Duron Processor 752MHz

Display Card NVIDIA Vanta

Memory 384MB

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

Free Disk Space 2.2GB

Display Card Memory 8MB

Display Driver Version 5.6.7.3

DirectX Version 9.0c

Optical Drive CD/DVD

Sound Card VIA Audio (WAVE)

Well, I would say you definetely need to upgrade your graphics card, ram, and processor. It's good to have at least 512mb of ram, a processor that is at least 2 GhZ and a graphics card with at least 128 mb. You have your work cut out for you if you do upgrade.

would it be cheaper to buy a new computer altogether?? lol I've had this thing since 2000.

Guest DarthMaulUK

If you got your PC from PC world, then you must live in the UK? I can offer advice. Firstly - never buy one from there again. They only really sell naff PCs for office stuff. Even their 'Gaming machines' come with useless graphics cards.

It all depends on your budget and it will be cheaper for you to upgrade yourself rather than fork out money for a totally new system. My PC has just been upgraded in May this year (I do it almost every year) but my case is now 5 years old! I just keep forgetting to buy a new one.

PC gamer had a fantastic issue recently about upgrading - I will have a look around for the issue number. It might be worth placing an order for it. It explains everything and also sets out what to buy - especially if you are on a tight budget.

The PC I have now, if I was to buy it in the shop would probably cost around £1300 but to upgrade, I spent around £900 - and I could have probably gotten it a little cheaper had I bothered to shop around more. I've posted earlier in this thread about an Athlon processor (best for gaming) and also a decent card.

What I might do is open up a thread in the tech support forum for this.

DMUK

Archived