Home

FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany

lukeiamyourdad

actually, in that match, the US played worse than our school football team :xp: they were simply passing here and there without any aim. but ill admit, the shot from reyna which hit the post and almost went in was good.

i want the US to lose like this in all their matches. (no offense to the US supporters)

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, Australia put up a good show in the last ten minutes. I had almost concluded the match to be in favour of the Japanese, with a 1-0 or 2-0 result. But whoa, Australia strikes THREE goals on Japan. Excellent playing!

Today are some big matches. I'm looking forward to France vs. Switzerland and Brazil vs. Croatia. I hope France and Croatia win... and Togo.

I support the underdogs.

The Czech owned pretty hard, yeah. And they were one of the few 'strong' countries that did put up a good show and score.

England only won with 1-0, same goes for Holland.

Australia-Japan was quit...strange...i though Japan would win it, playing it smart. It's unbeleivable how quickly Australia made those 3 goals.

Actually, I'm Canadian, and my Dad was born in Alkmaar. So I'm going for the Netherlands.

And I don't want Brazil out of their group. Period. I don't care who brings them down - I just think it would be awsome to see them fall to Croatia, when everyone expects Croatia to be slaughtered.

I only get to watch the Spain vs Ukraine and Tunisia matches since I have to attend classes in the afternoon. Though, the game I want to watch is the Germany vs Poland match. But, meh. Go Germany.

Though, the France vs Switzerland match was probably interesting.....especially when your facing a team that hasn't scored in the World Cup since 1998.

Meh, Brazil underestimated Crotia I think. 1-0 is not that great, considering the team they have vs a non-1998 Crotia. Kaka's goal was nice, but seriously, they can't keep playing like this if they want to go far.

France did pretty badly too. I said earlier that Zidane won't change anything. Obviously, it didn't :p Oh, and the french supporter are idiots. When Henry was injured, he was off the pitch, the play can go on, Switzerland doesn't have to kick the ball out of the field to stop the game.

We'll see what will happen in the Spain-Ukraine game. Up to now, only the Czech played exceptionally well and demonstrated a lot of ease on the pitch.

well its not like the US were expected to beat the CZECHS anyway. 3-0 is not that bad it could have been worse

That's not really the thing. I don't think the US can beat the Czech, but they certainly wouldn't get trashed like that, considering they're number 5 in the rankings (yeah, they do not reflect the quality of the team very well, but still, it's a relatively good reference).

It could certainly have been worse, but if you've seen the game, they seriously got a trashing.

Final note for today, I hope Poland gets a trashing so I can laugh at my friends when they cry. Yes, that's the kind of person I am :)

France did poorly, I had expected much better of Zidane's men. Looks like France is off my World Cup Hopes section with England... :(

Kaka's goal was awesome, though it's a shame Croatia lost. I hope the Germans get them sometime...

Germany plays today. It'll be fun watching the Poles get thrashed by the German aggression, I suppose. Spain too plays today and I'll try to catch this one. Spain is one time I'll like to support soon...

Every single match that has been played, wasn't spectacular or 'good' imo. I think the tension, and action will start after the first round, when the '7-2-1' system playing nations get filtered away, and the real football-playing nations get to face each other.

Archived