Home

FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to say as a proud Croatian that we played excellent against brasil considering that brasil is the best football team...we just werent lucky niko kovac was badly injured and we lost...but count on us we will be in semi finals and we will be one of the best teams on this World Cup ( mark my words)

Ukraine is in trouble, Tunisia vs Saudi Arabia was an awesome draw and so was Germany's victory against Poland. Looks like the Poles will have to go back home soon.

The games today were pretty nice. Sure, Spain might have done very well against the Ukraine, but they'll stumble as usual. I don't see them going far, even though they have the talent to.

As for Germany vs Poland, Boruc, polish goalkeeper was simply amazing. Unfortunately for them, they had to lose at the 91th minute from a goal by Oliver Neuville. They played very well but in the end, got a very bad red card and it just ended their hopes. Tomorrow morning, if Ecuador manages to get a single point, Costa Rica and Poland can start packing.

As with Ztalker, I too am annoyed at the overuse of the "7-2-1" formation. It's not actually 7-2-1, but it feels like it and it can get quite boring. I do disagree that the games were bad, some were, some were not, but during the course of a regular season, I've seen a lot worse :)

I hate school. I couldn't see any of the games today. And I hear that they were some great games, too. Stupid school. I had to check the scores in between periods. Saudi Arabia really did well! They were down 1:0 when I checked, IIRC. Then I found out they made a draw at 2 all! I can't believe I couldn't even have a webcast up!

Can't wait until the England vs. T&T game tommorow. Time for England to pwn. T&T put everything they had into the Sweden game, and they tied. They don't stand a chance tommorow. Sweden/Paraguay will be a good game, too. I don't know about the Ecuador game, though - I haven't really kept up with either them or Costa Rica that much.

lol, when they played the T&T anthem, I expected to hear AC/DC's TNT.

Ahem...

Well, one thing you need to know about Ecuador is the beating they gave the Poles on the first day. Costa-Rica also did well against Germany even though they had lost.

I'm sure that T&T will surprise again against England. As for Sweden, meh, they can beat Paraguay, but it doesn't mean that they will.

Agreed!

That Polish goalkeeper was SO good! He kept Poland in the race single handedly.

And neuville's goald was very cool too. Just perfect timing, perfect hit, perfect goal!

I don't agree with Germany-Poland being boring though. The first half gave us great football, while the second half gave us great suspence...

Ecuador beats Costa Rica 3:0 :D

Ecuador's on a roll here. If I'm correct, they've already qualified the tournament, so as to speak. Now I have no doubt Group A will be shipping out Ecuador and Germany.

England will do it's second round in an hour. I hope this one goes better, because they have a weaker team to pick on - T&T. Hope they go beyond the usual Beckham-FreeKick-OneGoal-SvenHappy routine...

The scoreline does not reflect the performance of both teams. England did poorly until the arrival of Rooney which seemed to have given them a slight boost in confidence. T&T did really well and for tiny little country, they've been marvelous through this tournament :)

Oh well, for the moment...FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME!

@LIAYD: poorly is an understatement. they sucked :xp:

and a general question. i noticed that T&T got the ball in the net but it wasnt a goal because the refree announced an "offside". whats an "offside" ?

i know, you probably think im some dumb kid with my nose always in a book. well, im not! :D i play a lot of football, but dont know all the rulz.

for the guy who's asking about the offside its a rule in football that causes the canceling of an attack: a player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second to last opponent unless he is in his own half of the field of play.

thats all about offside in general, on the other side i guess that T&T's goal wasnt an offside truly.

Archived