Home

FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Netherlands - Ivoro Coast made me sick. Every single Ivorian was begging to give some cards to the Dutch players. On top of that, the referee wasn't that bright....Robben was hit, and fell down ( a abit theatrical), and was given yellow for a 'dive.'

Same goes for Van Bommel. Every single Ivorian was kicking around in madness. Van Bommel 'hits' a player a bit, the player shouts 'Yellow!' and Van Bommel get's it.

An again, Van Persie was running towars the goal...one opponent player left...who tackles him.

Normally, that would be red. But not for the Ivorians!

It realy made me sick. With this much football talent, they still play a faul game. They don';t deserve to go into the next round imo. Try to play the game, next time!

for the guy who's asking about the offside its a rule in football that causes the canceling of an attack: a player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second to last opponent unless he is in his own half of the field of play.

thats all about offside in general, on the other side i guess that T&T's goal wasnt an offside truly.

Hmmm...that doesn't sound right...When somebody sends you a pass and if at the moment the ball leaves his foot you are behind the last defender, it's called an offside. It's hard to get it at first, but after a lot of viewing (and playing) you get the hang of it.

Back on topic...

Holland-Côte d'Ivoire

Ok, Côte d'Ivoire did play an incredible game. The dutch defense seemed so slow compared to their fast attack. Seriously though, I agree with Ztalker. Robben's "dive" wasn't exactly a dive. You want a dive, see Kolo Touré's (Ivory Coast player) action that led to Sol Campbell's goal in the Champions League Final between Arsenal and Barcelona. I know that Robben is notorious for diving, but I don't think that deserved a yellow card. There was clearly some pushing and soccer players all fall pretty easily. Picking on Robben was stupid.

In other news, Argentina thrashed Serbia ( :( ) and it seems that they'll be number 1 of group C.

Mexico-Angola wasn't that great a game, but I think that Angola did quite well against the mighty Mexicans.

Hmmm...that doesn't sound right...When somebody sends you a pass and if at the moment the ball leaves his foot you are behind the last defender, it's called an offside. It's hard to get it at first, but after a lot of viewing (and playing) you get the hang of it.

i know, i've felt that too, but this is how i've found it in the FIFA official website.

hehe, i guess Vlad'll be disappointed. say, where is Vladimir-Vlada, BTW?

anyway, i thought eh Argies just rocked in that match. the 2nd goal was especially cool :D

North Korea beat Guam 21-0. Man thats bad.

HOLY S***! Guam must be the worst team on the planet.

well, thats not true, cuz the US is the worst team :xp: i hope italy thrashes them like the *****s they are.

hehe, i guess Vlad'll be disappointed. say, where is Vladimir-Vlada, BTW?

anyway, i thought eh Argies just rocked in that match. the 2nd goal was especially cool :D

I was wondering the same thing myself. Haven't seen his posts here in a long time.

Yup they kicked our... rear ends, if you know what I mean.

What?

WORST RED CARDS EVER

What a great game ruined by the ref...

Seriously, what was he doing?!?!? The US was pushing the attack before the first Italian goal, and then they got the man advantage because of the one good red card in the match (that was a brutal elbow de Rossi threw) and then he goes and gives the US two red cards. I am glad that the Americans were able to hold on and not allow the Italians to get another goal.

Archived