Home

FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany

lukeiamyourdad

Well honestly I find it quite hilarious that some people screamed when in european 2004 Totti spitted on Povlsen who tried more than one time to break his legs and insulted him all the match, and then they say that Zizou did the right thing? :D

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I´m curious about what will be told tonight since Zidane will be giving a press conference. Truth is that Zidane was playing below his abilities all tournament and has been known for such incidents in the past (headers, dirty tackles, ... when things weren´t going right). I´m not surprised actually.

When you are playing at the highest level all things get shouted at you so you should be above it or at least can handle it. Doings such thing as Zidane did is something you don´t do. Period.

And giving him the golden ball for being best player in the tournament, it´s a disgrace. Can anybody tell me what he has shown this tournament to deserve that title besides the fact he will be retiring and was a great player?

Also every one is screaming murder about that penalty in the Italy - Australia game. But what about the penalties awarded to France in the semi-final and final? :¬:

I´m curious about what will be told tonight since Zidane will be giving a press conference. Truth is that Zidane was playing below his abilities all tournament and has been known for such incidents in the past (headers, dirty tackles, ... when things weren´t going right). I´m not surprised actually.

When you are playing at the highest level all things get shouted at you so you should be above it or at least can handle it. Doings such thing as Zidane did is something you don´t do. Period.

And giving him the golden ball for being best player in the tournament, it´s a disgrace. Can anybody tell me what he has shown this tournament to deserve that title besides the fact he will be retiring and was a great player?

what Zizo has shown in this tournament????!!! have you watched France games?

he made the whole work in Spain and Brazil's games, the man is simply fantastic. none have consider France as a strong team in after the first round, but then they've reached the final.

about Zizo hitting Matirazzi i guess he shouldn't have done such thing but assuming that Matirazzi insult his mother and sister called him a terrorist, i guess i'd do the same thing or maybe even more. because Zidane is also a human, and for me, if someone insulted my mother or sister i'd kill him.

In a Canal+ interview, Zidane has said that Materazzi said hard things about his mother and sister. He does not regret his action. That's pretty much everything, no specific mention of what the actual words were. Oh well...

About Totti vs Poulsen. Well, nobody (except Sabretooth I guess) is saying Zidane did not deserve the red card. Headbutting is just a violent act. Spitting is both violent and humiliating. We're not here to discuss the gravity of each incident, though trying to suspend a retired player is just dumb. Totti deserved his punishment, just as much as Zidane deserved his.

Yeah well maybe Italy WAS 2006 world champion. According to Zidane and many newspapers Materazzi called his mother a whore and a terrorist. Others say he called Zizou's sister two times a whore. In that case the titel could be denied to Italy.

btw. Ztalker keep up with those awesome images. I luv 'em :D

Oh and Jürgen Klinsmann retired as coach of the German team. His assistant Joachim Löw is now the Coach of the team.

too bad, Klinsmann was an against-the odds type of person from what i saw.

yeah. but he said he wanted to be with his famaly. Plus always travelling between california and germany is hard. So in some ways I understand him. And I respect his decision.

To bad...:(

I loved the way the Germans played the tournament. Very offensive, very nice. It was the first time i ever saw the Germans play this good.

Normally, they were all about defense...

PS:

I'll try to find some more pics...:D

His assistant Joachim Löw is now the Coach of the team.

whoa, thats my dads first name...

anyways: He said he headbutted Materazzi because he made fun of his wife and child, but Zidane said he ignored it, then he said it 3 more times and Zidane said it was soo painful to listen to those words and that he rather have gotten punched to the face then listen to him. so therefore, Zidane headbutted him. the headbutt was a nice hit though.

Also every one is screaming murder about that penalty in the Italy - Australia game. But what about the penalties awarded to France in the semi-final and final? :¬:

Jesus Christ, did you even watch the World Cup? If it wasn't for him, France would've never gotten to the Finals. He deserves the Golden Ball more then anyone. What Zidane did was understandable, wouldn't you hit someone if they said insulted your wife and child 3 times over and over again? I'd f**king knock the guy out!

Jesus Christ, did you even watch the World Cup? If it wasn't for him, France would've never gotten to the Finals. He deserves the Golden Ball more then anyone. What Zidane did was understandable, wouldn't you hit someone if they said insulted your wife and child 3 times over and over again? I'd f**king knock the guy out!

Agree with you on that. Thanks to him France knocked Brazil out of the World Cup.

We can understand why he did it. However, understanding is not accepting. This is not hockey, you can't get violent just because you're pissed. I know firsthand how it is on the field, when you get insulted by opposing players just so you would lose your concentration. You want to hit them, but you don't.

Zidane said that the one who provokes should be the one who is punished. Yes, the one who provokes must be punished, but so is the one who decides to throw the punch (or in this case the headbutt).

Sepp Blatter said that Zidane could lose the Golden Ball for what happened, but frankly, who are you going to give it to then? Cannavaro? Sure, but I don't think there's much pride in having such an award only on a technicality.

We can understand why he did it. However, understanding is not accepting. This is not hockey, you can't get violent just because you're pissed. I know firsthand how it is on the field, when you get insulted by opposing players just so you would lose your concentration. You want to hit them, but you don't.

Zidane said that the one who provokes should be the one who is punished. Yes, the one who provokes must be punished, but so is the one who decides to throw the punch (or in this case the headbutt).

Sepp Blatter said that Zidane could lose the Golden Ball for what happened, but frankly, who are you going to give it to then? Cannavaro? Sure, but I don't think there's much pride in having such an award only on a technicality.

I agree. Even though the behaviour of Zidane was uncalled for, you can´t take his award away and give it to some one else. You wouldn´t be as happy as if it was awarded to you in the first place.

Yea, I did watch almost every game of the WC except for the quarter finales. But you have to say, his performance really wasn´t good in the first round. France even did pull through against Ghana with him on the bench.

And I understand what he did but still it was totally unacceptable. You have to be the bigger man and get your response the sportive way. Violence should never triomph. ;)

Yea, I did watch almost every game of the WC except for the quarter finales. But you have to say, his performance really wasn´t good in the first round. France even did pull through against Ghana with him on the bench.

The Problem here is: It was Togo. not Ghana. Ghana was in the same group with Italy. :D

But it's true his performance wasn't that good in the first round. but then in the K.O. rounds he was amazing.

Ze bump.

So, I was reading the newspaper this morning...

Zidane gets a 6000$ fine + 3 days of community work for FIFA. Materazzi gets 4000$ and 2 games suspension.

Good job FIFA. You gave a decent punishment to all parties. Though I have to wonder, where were the italian bribing experts that day? :D

Maybe because Zidane tried to "hurt" Materazzi.?

I don't know. Sometimes the Fifa is very strange.

For example: On saturday after the Germany - Argentina match, the fifa said that there will be no investigations against german players. Then on sunday the Italian TV shows a picture where Frings "hits" Cruz.Then all off a sudden Frings isn't allowed to play.

Don't try to understand the fifa. you can't. it's impossible.

Archived