Home

FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany

lukeiamyourdad

replacing Klose with Neuville in that match was one dumb thing to do. they should have waited for at least extra time till they brought on the penalty-taker. true, Neuville is very good, but he doesnt put the same amount of pressure ont he opposition as Klose does.

that, and i like Klose's hairstyle :D

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take a look in a minute...

It's good that germany is trying to play atractive football...

Klinsmann got Germany into the semi-finals, so in matters of efficiency he's a good coash too.

I'll fill it in right away...

*grabs German dictionary*

well france is first, italy second i think and germany third and portugal is out this time.....it s amazing how many people hate C.Ronaldo , he did got booed every time when having a ball.....well i guess he ll grew up and change his behaviour....for his own good! Dont leave Zizou, stay for football s sake!!! you are the best!!!!! VIVA LA FRANCE!!!!!!!

Hmm well never met an italian fans like that honestly, but if they do as you say, I can understand :)

About Totti I guess he has grown up now, that spitting was really a bad move anyway.

I think Klinsmann made a very good job on the team. Germany before world cup was quite embarassing! now is a good team.

And well I'd wait to celebrate the France victory... ;)

umm, the thing is in German, dude. you forget not all of us know that

ok. Name is your name. Ihre Email is your email adress. You don't need to fill it. Ihr Wohnort is your hometown. where do you live. quite simple. ;)

btw. LIAYD: your post is excactly what I mean.

Anyway on sunday I hope I can celebrate a french victory.

Their team is really good. The Italieans showed against Germany that they are not that good. I admit that in a Germany - France final I would've been scared beacuse France played good football. Maybe Italy has the best keeper in the world, but since now he didn't face any excellent forwards like Henry or players like Zizou. Quite interesting and the defense of Italy isn't that good. You've seen it against Germany and Ukraine. And Luca Toni and Totti can easily be blocked so it will be rellay exciting.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS

hehehe I don't agree at all.

Italy defense is the best of tournament actually. Cannavaro is probably the best defender in the world now - if you look carefully all defensive mistakes were by sidebacks (zaccardo, grosso, etc).

I personally think that Italy showed that is a very strong team against the favourites of the tournament, Germany.

While France did a modest show against a weak opponent like Portugal that didn't even manage to score after the several mistakes of Barthez (ridiculous) and defense (they were quite lucky in more than one occasion).

Well the Italian defense was also quite lucky against Ukraine. If you put pressure on them, they aren't that good.

And I think the french defense is quite good with Abidal, Gallas, Sagnol, Thuram.

Did a better job then Italy's imo.

and yes the mistakes were the sidebacks, but you have to fix that if you want to have the best defense. They gotta be careful because France sure saw the Italy - germany match. ;)

If no-one would make a mistake, every match would end with 0-0.

Imo, Italy's power lays in their defense, with strong defenders. However, i don't find their strikers and midfield that good. If you compare it with France, it isn't that good.

We will have to wait and see...

Well depends who plays and HOW. Toni scored 31 goals in Serie A, so you can't say is a crap attacker. But of course if you never make crosses, he won't score so much (he is strong in heading).

Curiously with Ukraine as soon as Italy started to make crosses he scored 2 goals in 30 minutes.

France has good defense too. Attack with only Henry is a bit weak, if they put on the field also Trezeguet is a very good one.

Anyway that said, Italy doesn't lose since over 25 matches (including qualifying rounds). No other team did that in 2005/2006 season...

Yes that's sure :) but you must not compare only the attacking midfielders (totti vs zidane) but the variety of offensive solutions that italy can use.

Toni, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Del Piero etc... well I think is quite impressive. France has "only" Trezeguet on bench.

A pity they can't play all together :D

Of course Luca Toni is great, but he didn't score in the first 4 matches when he played and didn't score against germany.

also I agree that the Italien midfield isn't that good.

Yes he didn't score but because Germany defense played very well. He did a shot that the defender saved on sliding tackle in 1st half that was very dangerous.

Italy midfield except Pirlo (which is great even if a bit slow) sucks :p

Yes that's sure :) but you must not compare only the attacking midfielders (totti vs zidane) but the variety of offensive solutions that italy can use.

true dat. i thought Italy sucked when they played their opening match, their defense was not all that good. at least in the first hlaf, after which, i went to play KotOR :D

but i think they're tightening the gap nowadays. the German match pretty much proved that, i'll give the Spaghettis'n'Meatballs that much.

That's what I think is most ridiculous, many italians think that totti is a champion just because he scored a penalty. Zidane did that too but he also played greatly - while Totti didn't (so far).

Anyway he said he's going to retire from national squad after this world cup - so I guess either he plays the match of his life sunday, or he'll be soon forgotten by everyone.

hehe, maybe he won't be forgotten. Remember that spitting(2 years ago, right?)?:D

//Edit: So today Germany vs. portugal. Ballack, Mertesacker and Friedrich can't play(injured). Oliver Kahn is Keeper. Also it's not sure if Borowski can play

Hopefully, Klose can play and at least score one goal, then he would sure be top scorer. Right now Henry would have to score two goals to be equal to him.

The others are out. I mean Luca Toni has two Goals and so are Maniche, Vieira and Zidane. All other players have only one goal or no goal at all.

Wo0o0oo00o i get to watch Kahn play !!1!! today thats awesome..... hes really old i wonder when hes going to retire..... We already got best young player !!! W0o0oo0o Now Miroslav Klose needs to win the Golden Shoe award, and i dont know whos gonna win the Golden ball.... sertainly it isnt Kahn again... maybe Klose wins it....

By the way who do you guys think have been the bast players in the tournament... ?

i think it is Zinadine Zidane, Miroslav Klose, Jehns Lehmann, maybe Henry, Michael Ballack, Lucas Podolsky.... i dont know what others...

Archived