Home

FIFA 2006 World Cup in Germany

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Italy likes to pay referees and take dives. Screw you Fabio Grosso, *censored* diver, and all the Italian fans. You should know that winning in shame doesn't give you the right to use your cars' horns. Learn from the Portuguese.

Bah, go Ukraine. Destroy the divers.

Very sad ending for the Swiss. Then again, both team sucked horribly. Most boring game of the tournament so far.

France faces Spain today, in what seems to be an historical match-up. Hopefully Spain will rightly kick French ass for having performed so poorly in the last two cups. But then again, France can just work wonders, if they do it right. What the hell, I settle for a 1:1 and then a Golden Goal by Spain.

Sorry for the slow response time between my last post and this one...several 'things' *couch* Budokai 2 *couch* and work got in the way.

I did watch all the games though.

Holland-Portugal was one of the worst games ever. Not only didn't they 'do' nothing (no nice moves or goals), the referee wouldn't let them either.

This isn't the first time that it, like the Doc, get angry about the way games are being 'sold' onbiously. Germany is facing it's first REAL opponent in the quarter finals, Argentina. It;s a bit to obvious, eh?

Same goes for the rest of the tournament. The penalty in the Australia-Italy match was also..strange.

With all the respect, if they want to play football, stop selling games!

PS:

If a referee needs 17 yellow cards (8 lead to 4 red cards) he isn't good. He obviously can't control the game, and can't keep control of yourself.

Referees are there to keep the game going, and punish those who don't. This formal-communist (this might be a snip, woah!) was probably trying to bring mister Stalin's rules onto the football field...

In short terms:

JIHAD!! (vs Blatter)

pitchfork.gif

Brazil beats Ghana, just as I said before. But the wierd thing is, despite all of the negative comments i said and my grudge against Ghana, when I turned on the game, I found myself rooting for Ghana. This is becoming a regular occurance for me. I always end up rooting for the team that is losing. I guess I just like to see comebacks.

Ghana played a much better game than Brazil. Brazil got lucky. Ronaldo had the only good goal of the game. The guy who scored the second goal was offsides twice in that one play. And the guy who scored the last goal was also offsides. Ugh.........Ghana had a great team, and they might have made it to the semi's.

On another note, over 300 yellow cards and over 25 red cards in this year's World Cup!!!!!! We have some trigger-happy refs over in Germany!!!!

tell me about it. the ref for the ghana-brazil match was just f****** cock-eyed or he was too patrial to the brazilians, because the second and third goal, as you said, were off side, and he gave a red card to a ghanan (dunno wat the real term is) becase he "dived to make it seem like a foul". kiss my feet you [bEEEEP]!

What's not to love about a bunch of well-conditioned men in shorts running around chasing a ball until they're all sweaty?

I can't even get a full game on cable here to watch it enough to figure out what the attraction of the game really is--is it when they finally make a goal? Get the ball away from the opponent? Good passing techniques to teammates? Something else? I see kids playing soccer, but they're not pros and don't employ strategies like pros do, so I don't get to see the things that make a pro game good.

I hate it when refs overmanage any kind of game and throw a bunch of penalty flags out there when they should just let the guys play. Or when they're lenient all season and let things slide, but in the playoffs get really strict and then the penalties get out of hand. You have to be consistent throughout the season and throughout the playoffs.

ok...yesterday i was pissed off coz my team was knocked out...anyway, i believe that yesterday's match was the best in my humble estimation, the ref went wrong when he whistled a foul when there was none and France scored form this foul after it hits 2 spainians (total luck)...and the one who's responsible of scoring that goal (Vierra) should be sent off very soon after the second half but the ref was content by forcing him to appologize to spain player and coach since he had a lil fight with the coach...i am pissed off again...anyway, the spanish coach wasnt that good, he made a lot of mistakes and i guess he is the one responsible of all this...

I can't even get a full game on cable here to watch it enough to figure out what the attraction of the game really is--is it when they finally make a goal? Get the ball away from the opponent? Good passing techniques to teammates? Something else? I see kids playing soccer, but they're not pros and don't employ strategies like pros do, so I don't get to see the things that make a pro game good.

I noticed it too.

None of the stars did their job. There isn't a single player that stands out of the mass, imo. On the previous WCs, there were stars, alike Pelé, Cruijff, etc. It's a shame that current football doesn't alow the appearance of stars, let alone technical players. Where are the times that teams used wingers? (Robben, Sweinsteiger) Where are times when the Nr.10 was owning the stage?

Football is changing, and not in a positive way. It's becoming a sport for cowards, with the focussing on playing it safe instead of making actions...

actually, Jae, i tried to use the "pass to anyone" and "dive to get the ball" tactics that Fernando Torres sometimes uses. i used them while playing football at school today and i scored twice to get me team a 2:0 win :D.

the first goal was the "pass to all" tactic. there were 3 of us in a zig-zag formation and i was in the front, near the goal. the last guy passed across to the middle guy, who diverted it to me, where i whacked it into the goal

though, the second goal made me laughing till i had to stop to catch my breath. i just used the "dive and get the ball" and just nudged it with my shoe sole to the the goal and the goalee tried to stop it with his foot, but he missed, and the ball rolled comfortably into the goal :D that was partially because his eyes were on another teammate cuz he was arguing with him about something

tell me about it. the ref for the ghana-brazil match was just f****** cock-eyed or he was too patrial to the brazilians, because the second and third goal, as you said, were off side, and he gave a red card to a ghanan (dunno wat the real term is) becase he "dived to make it seem like a foul". kiss my feet you [bEEEEP]!

Yeah, learn what an offside is. The third goal was totally legit, no offside at all. The second one seemed like an offside, but on the replay, we can see the ball slightly touch the leg of a Ghana player, thus no offside was given.

Ghana did not play better then Brazil. They shot 18 times without landing one in. If you actually saw the match, a shooting bonanza where no shot actually hits the target does not make them the better team. Goals per shot ratio is more important.

Also, if you had a brain and decided to watch the replays, you'd notice that Ghana's offside trap was extremely deficient. Adriano might have been in a offside position twice in the play that led to his goal, there was no offside. Why would there be an offside call if a player is just in an offside position? The ball was not passed to him until the cross and they only call an offside after he can get possession of the ball.

Before spouting stupidity, learn more about the game.

The focus on football has always been on playing it safe and try and find holes in the opponent's defense. Yes, the stars are not showing their talent at this tournament and it's a shame, but it's really not that different. The great players need to do more.

I also doubt that it's all about match fixing nowadays. Sure, it might seem that way, but who here can say that Germany does not have a good team? Or Argentina? Or Brazil? Who here can say that they suck so badly they shouldn't be here? Yeah, we have the Fabio Grosso moments, but if we focus only on that...

This is getting stupid anyway, this thread wasn't about whining about how things suck and how the whole world is going to crumble because X, Y, Z, etc.

Anyway, I'm glad Luis Aragones lost. By the way, Luis Aragones pissed off at Viera, a black player. Wow, never thought that racist bastard would get pissed at a black player...

Anyway, the french did quite well. It will be nice to see them against Brazil.

Archived