Home

Disney drops the ball.

El Sitherino

I personally couldn't care less about the pooh bear, but I hate it when somebody mucks up established story and characters (Any Galactica watchers in the hizzay).

If you really want a young boy back in your favorite story then you do have a remaining option...

Organize a march on Disney World waving picket signs saying...

"WE WANT MICHAEL!!!"

"Get a moonwalker on the payroll!"

and "Owwwwww"

While making obscene crotch grabs.

I think Disney is on the brink of destruction...

Did anyone of you see Chciken little, or the comercials?

Empty, grey backgrounds...that's like....10 years ago?

And, all the traditional Disney-employees are being trained in Computer animation. There will be no more cool movies...

Oyeah, the head supervisor of the Lion King (dunnmo witch part) has left Disney, and is now making stuff in FLash. Compare his work (he does alone !) to the CHicken Little Failure.

You can find him at http://www.newgrounds.com and look in the Flash Portal for 'Littlefoot.'

I agree with REDJOHNNY, I got over that crap when I was 5, but it's still pretty gay of them to go and turn a classic child's show into some computer generated 3D world of gay little girls and fat bears who talk.

What do you mean by "that crap" anyway?

But I agree, this is a sure sign that Disney is starting to head to Stagedoor Left... and not because they are including a gender-confused little girl (nothing wrong with TS people aside from the obvious)... its that they want to attract an older crowd... Since when did Mike Jackson become the head of Disney?

Who ever thought this idea up should be tossed in a jail cell with a huge hairy guy named Bubba. :D

How dare you insult Winne the Pooh! Why, those books were a staple of my growing-up, and are still funny today, as an adult, for their insightful comments on human nature, and their wit.

This Disney "winniethepoo" thing, however, is an abomination which must be burned! This isn't the Winnie the Pooh I know! Since when does he wear a red jumper? Since when do all the animals have such saccharine-coated voices? Since when did *ANY* of them skip?

I'm with LIAYD - Disney - just....just go away now. You've murdered enough classic children's literature, please, just, just leave a few books sacrosanct? You've even got the Magic Roundabout, now please, just go. I can't...I can't take any more...First Alice in Wonderland, and now...now to add insult to injury to Pooh...THIS?!

I don't know whether to laugh, be angry, afraid or annoyed since this is stupid, ridicoulous and perverse.

Ridioulous: Getting rid of a 80 year old character that has been in memories of so many people and replacing him with a 'tomboyish girl'? It's like saying that Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Daffy Duck, Donald Duck, Elmer Fudd and Goofy are pathetic.

Stupid: Bad decission since many people will turn away from Disney after this. And who the heck thought of that 'tomboyish' thing? Tom Soyer is a 'boy' always was, always will be. They'll recieve a lot of rants from Tom Soyer fans.

Perverse: Attracting older audiences with a 'tomboyish girl'? Scary if you ask me.

Lol, she's not a transexual. I was making a joke on how they went overboard on her "tomboyishness" as to make her act as though she's a genuine little boy, but is infact a girl.

But anyway, the way I see this, it's like some jackass coming to remake Star Wars, but replaces Han with a gay, effeminate, anti-violent Rodian.

I also laugh at this quote from the PR department.

These timeless characters need to be given a breath of fresh air.

Now, I'm not an english major but, I do believe that's a contradiction of terms.

Ok, I just read that article...

For anyone thats actually read the book Winnie the Poo by AA Milne, at the end Christopher Robin leaves the 100 Acre Wood because he grew up and couldnt stay there. So in a way, replacing the original Chris with a girl would be plausible... but I dont see the need to make her tomboyish.

Maybe they made her tomboyish so they could make her edgy. That could be what they mean by "appeal to an older crowd." I don't know how edgy you can get with Winnie the Poo, though...

Making the character a girl could be just so people immediately know its not Christopher.

Just my thoughts.

Egads!

Disney, you frog-brained money munching morons!

They are trying to replace Christopher Robin ad put in some sleezy tom-boy girl?

Whats next?

Mary Poppins 2 - The Magic of Being a Nanny? :eekanime:

I swear, Disney has lost all respect for their classic cartoons.

Archived