Home

Darth Groovy's Top Ten Games of 2005!

Darth Groovy

10. The Punisher

Forget what critics said, smashing faces, and shoving suspects into wood chippers was never more fun than this.

9. Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

Mix Mortal Kombat with FPS action....add great bot AI and excellent online support. Gorgeous maps....this is meant for good times.

8. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

The best of the best fighter game ever made. Add online support via xbox live, plus a full version of the animated cartoon movie. All at a bargain price!

7. Star Wars Republic Commando

My jaw first dropped at the trailer......and turned out to be just as much fun as it looked. Best squad based shooter I ever played so far.

6. Doom 3 (xbox)

For those of us who were too poor to afford NASA super computers, it is meant to be experienced. It looked better on the xbox than most people imagined, and beating the game leaves you feeling satisfied.

5. Peter Jackson's King Kong

Like Batman at Six Flag's Great America, it's short, exciting, and worth the wait....leaving fond memories behind. We are entering an age where movie tie-in games don't have to suck anymore.

4. Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

Anger management be damned, if you ever fancied the idea of destroying a city as a giant green meanie, or ever enjoyed destorying anything at all...this one should already be in your collection!

3. X-Men Legends II: Rise of the Apocalypse

Even if you never had a remote interest in RPGs or the loveable X-Men, just running around, smashing things, picking up things, and leveling up to gain even cooler mutant powers makes this game endless entertainment.

2. Far Cry: Instincts

I dunno whats more fun, throwing rocks at mercenaries, setting traps for mercenaries, or building multiplayer maps with the map editor.

1. Star Wars Battlefront II

No game that combined all the best elements from all six Star Wars movies ever got more play on my xbox than this one. Ever.

No, it's because I don't have a PS2, and I refuse to buy one. This is my list, and I don't care if people agree with me or not. These are the games that impressed me the most, and I had the most fun playing during this year. :xp:

Your descriptions sound like they came from the mouth of a video game seller. :p

...oh..wait, you are one.

I can't even think of 10 games I bought in 2005.

I did get Republic Commando, but haven't finished it.

I also got Age Of Empires III, but haven't even started that.

Same goes for Dungeon Siege II.

Was BiA: Road to Hill 30 a 2005 title? I've got that as well, and I'm still plodding through it.

In fact, the only games I've actually bought and played to completion recently are F.E.A.R., Quake IV and Call Of Duty 2, and I enjoyed the SP of all of those. However, I mostly bought CoD 2 for the MP side, and it was a big disappointment...so...

The only game that stands out with some originality from all those is F.E.A.R.

I was meaning to get Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) and Sniper Elite at some point, but didn't get around to it. I'll probably get those along with King Kong (on PC) some time in the near future.

I guess I just can't get fired up about any games at the moment. :/

Your descriptions sound like they came from the mouth of a video game seller. :p

...oh..wait, you are one.

That's crap and I resent that. I don't make comission off the games I sell, so what difference does it make which ones I sell? Customers know that they can always get a streight answer out of me. If a game sucks, i'll tell them. Besides in a place like Game Stop, for every crappy game, there is always 3 or 4 other games that are better so what difference does it make? Also, why do you think they let employees check out games? So we can see if they suck or not....duh!:p

Right now, i'm checking out Matrix Path Of Neo. And as always, i'll let everyone know what I think.

Too bad TES IV: Oblivion didn't get a chance to try for this list.(new release date is "early 2006.") Oh well, I thought their November deadline seemed too rushed.

Why would I add that game to my list if it is not out yet? What is it GUARENTEED to be that good or what? That makes no sense to me at all. Forgive me if I find that to be quite absurd.

If you don't like his choices, maybe you could make your own list.

Man has a point, and this IS a discussion thread, so please everyone feel free to post lists.

One other thing, I didn't play too many PC games this year because the requirements are astronomical to my income. I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade my aging PC, when I can just pop the disc in my XBOX and go.

I don't have a PS2, or a Gamecube. I am sure there are wonderful games on each...same as the PC, but MY list is MY top ten favorites based on what I have played, and the ones that impressed me the most. Ok?

Man has a point, and this IS a discussion thread, so please everyone feel free to post lists.

Why make their list when they can pick apart yours!

Perhaps, though, you should have listed your hardware so there would be context around what was/wasn't chosen.

For instance, when my list has only PC / DS / GBA / PSP games, it is only because I have no consoles.

Mike

Why would I add that game to my list if it is not out yet? What is it GUARENTEED to be that good or what? That makes no sense to me at all. Forgive me if I find that to be quite absurd.[/Quote]

Actually, he said too bad it didn't have a chance to try out. He wasn't saying that it was the uber game, but if you look at it, it definatly looks like it would have had a running for alot of peoples lists.

I can't remember all the games I've played this year, so I'll just say this...

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction - Hours of mindless fun.

SWBFII - My friend and I had a blast on this, gonna rent it again now that I have xbox live.

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One - I love when it's me vs the entire german army :D

That's all I can think of right now. I don't remember renting alot of things this year : |

No, it's because I don't have a PS2, and I refuse to buy one. This is my list, and I don't care if people agree with me or not. These are the games that impressed me the most, and I had the most fun playing during this year. :xp:

Yeah, I know that. I wasn't trying to be an ass. That was just my way of saying God of War is a great game. That's all.

Archived