Home

Kyle Katarn - as lethal as Tanya?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

For those who remember Red Alert should remember the mighty Tanya. She could kill everything and blow up just about everything.

After watching the latest video, it seems that Kyle has been placed in her shoes. Lots of toys to use to destroy things and will probably have excellent weaponary to stop some of those Walkers maybe?

Is having Kyle in the game a good idea? Or should they have focused on some one else to fill this role?

DMUK

I think that EaW should not turn to a "heroes-style" RTS, where heroes count for whole armies. Imp and reb armies should be the main forces battling for the galaxy, while heroes "help" a bit these armies in their strugle for conquest.

Regarding Kyle, if he's the "Tanya" unit in EaW, so that 10 ATATs afraid to confront him face-to-face, then this is obviously not good. Some "strift ATAT lasers" should take him out, while Kyle himself should infilict major damage to the buildings, not vehicles.

My suspicion is that Kyle is the equivalent of Boba Fett, apart from the rocket-jump ability Boba has. Since the last one has the seismic bombs while on space and great weaponary/skills while on ground, i think this suspicion has some basis. Yet, Kyle should have some jedi abilities as well, so, it might be better if he's replaced by a "pure" saboter.

"Regarding Kyle, if he's the "Tanya" unit in EaW, so that 10 ATATs afraid to confront him face-to-face"

Tanya could only kill infantry not tanks in C&C Red Alert so don't we will have to worry about 10 ATATs running away fron Kyle if he is in fact like Tanya

"Regarding Kyle, if he's the "Tanya" unit in EaW, so that 10 ATATs afraid to confront him face-to-face"

Tanya could only kill infantry not tanks in C&C so don't we will have to worry about 10 ATATs running away fron Kyle if he is in fact like Tanya

C&C? Do you mean Red Alert? Last time i checked she was in Red Alert. ;-)

Anyways, yeah i do see some similarites between them, but am i surprised? no. After all the game is being designed by westwood veterans who did make Red ALert.... ;-)

If heroes are just going to dominate you will see nothing but heroes on the field. Like Rohan in BFME where you only built heroes cause they were that powerful and could wipe out entire armies. If they are this powerful there had better be a way to turn them off online.

I don't care if they use Kyle I like his character in EU. The game isnt set in the films so they get some flexibility when it comes to the content that goes into the game. Thats why they choose the route of EU so they get much more creative freedom and are not bound to criticism by the films hardcore fans.\

Tanya in the xpack could take out tanks with ease since she got the ability to blow them up with your charges just like a building.

In the first Dark Forces game, ala just before ANH, Kyle is not a jedi, just a mercenary for hire that goes after the Death Star plans, then gets caught up in another scheme. In Jedi Knight, he learns that he is force sensitive and trains to become a Jedi. He follows a sort of middle way between light and dark that gives him access to force powers from both sides. Although by the time of Jedi Academy he's moved closer to the light side.

And no, he does not have any jedi abilities in the game, as this timeframe is before Jedi Knight and more around the original Dark Forces game, so he doesn't even know he could become a jedi yet!

Archived