Home

jedi + shotgun = jedi being able to block a shot gun?????

deamonomic

yeh, the award shotgun isnt much different, exept its more powerful, which being a shotgun it would kill anyone with one hit if you hit them properly anyway.

The beam rifle can go through enemys (thus causing 1 hit kills) but has a much shorter range, which is quite a let down as it is meant to be a SNIPER rifle

(sugg: you don't have to quote all of the previous post. We all know what you're talking about. If it's a long post, it could be appropriate to only quote the part of it that you want to reply to. And quoting a quote of somebody who's quoting you...man if I ever see one of those again...)

A jedi is pretty much like spiderman. And the engineer shotgun has few shots and is very widespread.

i did mean Ki-Adi-Mundi..... so if he can use the force as a sort of shield as you made it seem that all jedi can do why is he now dead?

Because Jedi are not infallible. I would suspect that it was a combination of his trust in the loyalty of the clones, the fact that he was in the middle of a battle and was unfocused/concentrating on his enemy and perhaps even Darth Sidious was using the force to assist in masking the clones intentions to kill the Jedi.

Of course, I am not the all knowing sage of star wars.

Well, actually there are things Jedis can't block with his sabers technically...

1) a Flashlight. Yes, its basically a wide beam of light, yet it works on Jedis.

2) EMP attacks... these things can go thru walls w/o damaging it, and will probably shot out the 'sabers. Though the EMP gun in BF2 is nerfed and can't pass thru walls or anything.

now that makes sense. but how can a jedi block a shot gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean cmon! its a chot gun.yo can just hold a sword in one positon and hope to possible stop a shot gun. moving maby... if your quick enough. but if your just holding it in on position then ur dead

The best way I can think to describe it, is to think of the Force/Jedi blocking like the droideka's shield. But it's less powerful than that because the droideka can block everything, including mines, rockets, etc. It's just there until it's power/time expire. So in that sense, it doesn't surprise me that the Jedi can block shotguns. It's more like a shield than just simply blocking them with their sabres.

Modding tools would let you 'see' all the invisible textures in the game. They are used for many things like preventing people from walking through, preventing weapon fire from passing through, preventing vehicles from going by and other things. However, I don't think a map modding tool would let us see the results of a player pressing block.

I think RedTech is saying, when you press the block button, an invisible texture is created infront of the Jedi which blocks/reflects all incoming fire. The tools would let us see this texture. Because the Jedi block ingame, I don't think the tools would display this texture (as it is not during a game).

Archived