Home

LUCAS ARTS - TAKE NOTE (IDEAS FOR KOTOR3)

kevinmitchell

IDEAS 4 KOTOR 3 - U begin as a Jedi/Sith, already trained in the arts. Ready to embark on the journey of becoming a Master – but u need guidance and further training but u can already handle ur self – ur a rogue Jedi, oozing potential but require much needed guidance and to find purpose again. The galaxy is over run by evil, ur an outcast of the galaxy long forgotten, but still feared by those who remember the forgotten stories. Once again u can choose light / dark. Character customisation should be key (I can not stress this enough just go mad on the character customization other wise u get board of looking at urself). U should be able to customize, ur face, body, stance, dress as much as possible even ur species!!, as well as weapons and even voice. Skills feats and force light/dark should effect, ur movement ur stance, ur attack and defensive abilities as well as force devastation, we wanna see real facial mutation as a result of being evil, and movement like darth maul if ur heavily skilled in combat. We wanna see better clothing, we wanna see cloaks with hoods that hide ur face, and there should be a button to toggle hood up and down, as we as to toggle sabre on or off. Combine this with the story line of kotor 1 and the world detail moment capabilities of darth maul in battlefront 2. Kotor3 needs a drastically improved combat engine also. We also need some cool bady and goody chrators - with defining characteristics, and movements and improved interactions with ur environment. Maybe other skilled jedi/sith can teach you there moves so u can add them to ur own. I love the fact that u can play around with ur lightsaber even when not in battle - more of this please, let the character show off his skills in bars and clubs, have intimidation and respect as feats as well as persuasion this can affect conversations and may even say u from even having to fight because ur that feared - Also we wanna see, limbs cut of by sabers and decapitations and death moves with a saber - through all of this into 1 almightily kotor three and ur blow people minds. Cheers for listening Kevin Mitchell.

Some of your customiztion ideas are unrealistic - it would cost to much to provide players with the ability to choose their voice.

the combat engine will not change! the d20 system is standard for kotor! this cannot be stressed enough! making the game more like the jedi knight series would suck!

I believe that adding in decapitations and tearing off of limbs is a terrible idea. That's going a little to far.

Other than those three things, I like the rest of your ideas.

Edited by darth333: caps removed. Avoid using caps in your posts. No need to shout at anyone here.

You keep saying "we". I don't agree with half your ideas, so please stop telling LA to read your thread and saying that "we", like all of us at LF agree with you.

Ready to embark on the journey of becoming a Master – but u need guidance and further training but u can already handle ur self – ur a rogue Jedi, oozing potential but require much needed guidance and to find purpose again.

That doesn't make any sense, you just contradicted yourself. You said that you are about to become a master but you need guidance, but then you say you are a rogue Jedi?

Kotor3 needs a drastically improved combat engine also.

No, it does not.

intimidation and respect as feats as well as persuasion this can affect conversations and may even say u from even having to fight because ur that feared - Also we wanna see, limbs cut of by sabers and decapitations and death moves with a saber

Intimidation and Respect, as far as I know, are all governed by Persuasion. Besides, there are already conversations where you persuade (maybe by threatening) the attackers to leave you alone.

No, no dismemberment. Absolutely not.

You keep saying "we". I don't agree with half your ideas, so please stop telling LA to read your thread and saying that "we", like all of us at LF agree with you.

Agreed. Furthermore, even if by some miracle LA sees your post, I doubt very much that they'll take you seriously. Not because some of them aren't good ideas...but rarely do single members of game forums influence the layout of a sequel to a major game franchise.

Intimidation and Respect, as far as I know, are all governed by Persuasion. Besides, there are already conversations where you persuade (maybe by threatening) the attackers to leave you alone.

I think it's less a question of persuasion but more a question of the NPCs first reaction when he sees you. A lot of NPCs in both KotOR games are really dumb. When I carry a lightsaber, have a Wookiee and a heavily armed Mandalorian at my side, I expect a minimum of respect.

IDEAS 4 KOTOR 3 - U begin as a Jedi/Sith, {Snip}.

The combat system is fine already, and there's no need to change you want. You want some stupid action combat system? Then go play some stupid action game. Why do people like you want to ruin KOTOR with a new combat system?

'Real facial mutation'? Care to elaborate on that? I thought that they overdid the Dark Side transitions.

'Death moves with a saber'? Do you mean killing moves, when you stab your weapon downward on a person who's lying on the ground? Sounds rather stupid to me.

'An outcast of the galaxy long forgotten'? 'Forgotten stories'? Just what do you mean by that? :dozey:

LUCASARTS - TAKE NOTE (IDEAS FOR KOTOR3)

It would help if you used proper spelling and grammar in your post. :rolleyes:

You shouldn't try to appeal to Lucasarts. They don't listen to ideas from fans, and I'm all for it. Most ideas by fans are simply awful. If Lucasarts listened to ideas from fans for both KOTOR games, I think each and every one of us would have thrown our copies of KOTOR I and II into the trash within fifteen minutes of having played the game.

Some of these ideas are very interesting. However, I'd like to avoid decapitations and other examples of really graphic violence. Right now, the games are sort of like the A-Team show--there's violence, the bad guys get stopped in a variety of interesting ways, but there's nothing nasty like brains hanging out and blood sprayed everywhere (and my favorite way to stop bad guys in the A-Team was seeing the good guys build improvised grenade launchers in under 10 minutes that are strong enough to flip over cars, but that's OK, because the bad guys in the car always climb out uninjured, to be arrested by the good guys).

This means that right now I can play the game with my son, who is under 10, and we talk about what's happening and how it's not real. I'd have to draw the line if the game got really graphic, because while it's OK to see the bad guys falling on the ground after a lightsaber duel, it's not OK if they fell on the ground spurting blood from dismembered parts. I'm in the medical field--I see gross stuff on a fairly regular basis. I play the games because they aren't anything like work. Even though I enjoy my profession, I can cheerfully escape that world for awhile playing Kotor. There are other games that engage in such violence if someone likes that kind of thing. SW films, while displaying a certain level of violence, aren't filled with a lot of blood and guts (OK, a burned Anakin was pretty graphic, but they didn't have scenes like that all the time). I'd like it if the devs keep that spirit in any future Kotors.

I didn't even read his post, but I gather by the responses that he's yet ANOTHER in a long line of people coming on to ask for a more action-FPS type combat game?

That, in and of itself, is enough for me to hope Lucasarts doesn't even bother reading his post, let alone implementing anything in it.

so basically you want to rip off Fable's fear/respect system? Well thats all well and good but in my opinion it became more of a pain in the ass than a "cool feature". Sure it was cool to be recognized to begin with but after the hundred thousandth time someone goes "mr brick layer! he's a hero!" it gets annoying. Not only that but in KOTOR 1 and 2 u were trying to stay under the radar, so increasing your "reknown" probably would be detrimental.

making the game more like the jedi knight series would suck!

why does everyone associate realtime lightsaber combat with jedi knight? jedi knight's lightsaber combat is TERRRIBLE!!!! it doesnt reflect the movie lightsaber combat (original or prequel) at ALL, its random swinging around frenetically as you scurry about chaotically. its TERRIBLE!!!!! why wont anyone see this??

why does everyone associate realtime lightsaber combat with jedi knight? jedi knight's lightsaber combat is TERRRIBLE!!!! it doesnt reflect the movie lightsaber combat (original or prequel) at ALL, its random swinging around frenetically as you scurry about chaotically. its TERRIBLE!!!!! why wont anyone see this??

YES! Someone finally said it. Knock it off with associating realtime lightsabre combat with Jedi Academy. The system is terrible.

U should be able to customize, ur face, body, stance, dress as much as possible even ur species!!, as well as weapons and even voice.

How in the world are you going to manage to customise the voice. I may be imaginative but I'm not that unrealistic. The rest is fine.

Also we wanna see, limbs cut of by sabers and decapitations and death moves with a saber

No we don't. Truthfully seeing intrenal organs when you kill a person isn't exactly fun time. Death moves... Too many oposers; say goodbye to it like I did.

LUCAS ARTS - TAKE NOTE (IDEAS FOR KOTOR3)

They would have ignored you even without that.

how can it be "notable"? its BAD. Revenge of the sith is the only one that even comes close to decent saber combat and even that feels like little more than your run of the mill beat em up.

i reckon dismemberment could be done tastefully. we all know from the movies that when something gets cut off in the movies guts and blood doesnt spray anywhere cause he blade cortorises the wound. It would just be a matter of the limb coming off. still, its such a minor thing and isnt really necessary.

Eh, nobody cares about RotS.

Seriously though, by "notable" I mean that JA, JO, etc have amassed a huge fan base, as well as critical acclaim. It's been around longer: people are going to associate the saber combat with it.

But you have a point: if KotOR was to have real-time saber combat (which it won't), it would be a lot different.

So name a game that has the kind of lightsaber combat the original poster is referring to and that still adheres to the d20 system and/or a modified version of it that keeps in the spirit of all RPG-style combat systems.

why does everyone associate realtime lightsaber combat with jedi knight? jedi knight's lightsaber combat is TERRRIBLE!!!!

Realtime lightsaber combat is terrible. Hence the combat in the JK series is terrible.

why wont anyone see this??

I do see this. You are agreeing with me, you just don't realize it because my post could be seen as unclear to some, obviously.

In terms of real-time lightsabre combat, the system used in KotOR is one of the best features of the game.

Before KotOR i'd never played an RPG, but I both owned and played Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. I just associated lightsabre combat in games with thrashing about till you hit someone, but when I first engaged in melee combat in KotOR, with blades crashing against each other I just though WOW!

So, in short, leave the combat system as is. It's better that way.

Well kotor's combat isnt "real time lightsabre combat" but lets not get into that, we have so heaps already, but if u want more information on why it isnt, check out the "d20 integrated combat system" thread.

I do agree with you Doctor, on the basis that so far, no game has come up with a control system that properly simulates real time lightsaber combat, but this doesnt mean real time lightsaber combat sucks, it just means that no one has captured it properly yet. No freakin way is real time lightsaber combat sucky, just watch the damn movies and you'll know it isnt, its damn cool. In fact, its so cool that gamers put up with absolute garbage like JKA just so they can have even a tinsy sample of its glowy, projecter hum goodness.

Archived