Home

Official Eaw site (pick up the pace?)

Jmaster3265

Does anyone else feel that the new empire at war site is going a bit slow? I mean they only showed us a view video clips for each section, and the game is coming out in 2 months! Also the demo in a few weeks possibly? Does anyone else feel they could pick up the pace a bit? I know they are probably busy etc. but still come on whats the point of them making this new site with video clips if won't get to see them all with the rate there going until AFTER the game is out..

yeah i think its just them being typical in releasing a little info to keep us hooked on the game then giving us a load when the game actually comes out its general tactics why does anyone think that Delphi reveals stuff just before its released officially? its the way they give us the information and i think Delphi's been where we are so he gives use as musch info as he can.

LEC followed exactly the same marketting for Batllefront II official site. They released "tons" of info 4-5 days before the release date, and when the game was ou they revealed everything.

Simply, marketting.

Bingo. Carefully calculated marketing. Plus, with the holiday coming up they'd like you to buy their holiday-season titles (Battlefront).

Guest DarthMaulUK
What use is advertising or the amount of news on the EaW site if the game turns out to be not up to expectations?

You can ask EA that question. They are the masters of pushing awful games. I think back to BFME and how we didnt actually see a single real ingame screenshot(not even the box art on the back!).... and then when the game was released...oh, it was woeful but it sold...just.

DMUK

You can ask EA that question. They are the masters of pushing awful games. I think back to BFME and how we didnt actually see a single real ingame screenshot(not even the box art on the back!).... and then when the game was released...oh, it was woeful but it sold...just.

DMUK

We can be thankful that EA weren't producing EaW then! :D

Either way, I see no real difference in having the website admins pushing news out. In due time, when the game comes out, you'll have all the information you'll need in the nifty game manual.

I think the soundtrack is actually Star Wars music from the movies, I know for a fact that in the menu screen of JKII that they used part of the The Fleet Enters Hyperspace. I as well have heard Here They Come! from the trailers from the game, as well as possibly the Imperial March. But that is all I have heard from the trailers.

I think they'll have the site done before the game is released. I'm guessing 5 days to a week or so they'll release the rest of the information on the game so people can make their final decision whether to buy it or not. Well probably more to convince people to buy it ;)

Archived