Home

The Neverhood

blastoise

I got this game the other day and beat it today (its short) and I thought it was amazing. its a puzzle/adventure game. it was made my Steven Spielberg and the Dreamworks Interactive team back in '95 and it was supposed to be some giant hit game, but I don't think it was because I hadn't heard about it until really recently. its made entirely in claymation which is totally neat. and it was just a real fun game.kinda reminded me of Myst a bit...

but everyone should get it.... thats all.

I first heard of this game roughly a million years ago amongst no end of praise and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I do distantly recall playing a demo way back when it first came out and was doing the magazine demo disk rounds, but sadly never got the full thing.

But seriously, I don't think I've come across anybody who's been able to say they didn't love it -- kind of like Grim Fandango. It'll remain on my to-do list until I get the damned thing.

It isn't made by Steven Spielberg... it's made by Doug TenNaPeL, if you get the game you'll see the making of.

The story of the game is roughly from the bible, the whole creation thing and then it turns a left turn, it's way too hard to explain the meaning of the game.

Archived