Home

The Hundred Year Darkness (The Second Great Schism)

Shana

Seriphyn lifted his head up, his long hair a mess. He reached over with his hand and held onto Jill's.

"Jill...I don't think I can do that for you. Not that I don't want to, but because I can't. If we share this bond, I feel...I feel..."

Seriphyn hung his head again, lost in what to say due to how slow he was talking.

"A few months after I was knighted a Jedi Knight, I thought I would take up the responsibility of training a Padawan. My request was granted, and I got young 14-year old Amee Ploll. She was like you, but it seems over the years she developed a secret hatred for me. We were sent to an excursion to Korriban, where we ended up getting seperated. For months, I didn't see her, until one day when I was leading a battalion of Republic troops on Dxun against Mandalorians, I found her again. This time, she was full of the dark side. We duelled, but she was the one victorious, and I lost both my arms in that confrontation, replaced by these wretched gold ones instead"

Seriphyn started hammering his left arm on a pipe next to where he sat, letting the gold frame dent and chip.

"All my teachings just led her down the dark path. My prowess in battle with the Sith got me several requests to become a Master. I declined every one. If my teachings of one Jedi turned her into a Sith, then, well, I don't know what would have happened. I just fear you'd end up developing a hate for me as well. Ame Ploll wasn't the only one. I fell for a Jedi called Cla-Riice, and we saw each other in secret for about 5 standard months. Next thing I notice, she's hating my guts out. Oh, I don't know, Jill, I just don't know"

For a minute the both of them just sat there with Seriphyn simply rubbing his thumb on Jill's palm. He knew if he refused, it would be selfish, only thinking about himself and his own mental stability. This girl needed him. She had her Master for protection, but the relationship would never be the same between two of similar age. Jill wasn't the only one who needed someone. Seriphyn was alone, the only friends he has is his droid and a best friend who was zipping across the galaxy half the time.

"I need you as much as you need me" he said, "I'll be there"

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- "thank you Seriphyn...and if it makes you feel any better...there's not a thing in this galaxy that would make me hate you" - Jill said and smiled at him.

A voice came from the the grounds.

"All Jedi to their posts, the Transports are cleared for take off...All Jedi report to your posts"

- "Guess we have to go get ready" - Jill said.

Seriphyn yawned and then got up. He stared at Jill for a bit, reflecting on what happened on the bridge. Boy, did he feel stupid now. It was just supposed to be a simple velocity, but he ended up getting all agitated and started ranting about what he's been through over the years. He shivered through embarrasment.

"Alright" he smiled, "Let me just get my battle armour, and you'll see you in the briefing room"

He turned around and walked to where ever his quarters was supposed to be. He shivered through embarrassment again as he turned the corner.

Jill saw Seriphyn leave and went to the briefing room awaiting her master, she knew Seriphyn had a seat next to Juhn-Kai since he was a Jedi Knight.

==============

Val-Kan got inside the ship and started to pace around the ship bridge, he was restless, it was a known feature about himself, Juhn-Kai and Val-Kan had grown up together, Juhn-Kai was the crown prince of his planet and Val-Kan was the son of the richest merchant. Val-Kan began preparations on the bridge of his ship.

- "Master, everything is ready, we'll get there in no time" - A young Jedi Knight said.

- "Good I'm not a fan of long waits" - Val-Kan said.

Juhn-Kai walked inside the briefing room and as soon as he sat on his chair all ships began broadcasting the briefing to each other. Val-Kan walked inside the briefing room of his ship and sat down at his chair.

- "Well start once all masters and Knights are present" - Juhn-Kai said.

Valgo came rushing into Eki's ship with three droids carrying his stuff behind him. After the last droid was in and the landing platform was clear, the engines blasted to sound from the back of the ship. First the large engines started to give out a blue 'flame' and then the smaller one on the wings and bottom. The ship was slowly lifted from the platform and the ramp was raised with the landing gear. Valgo walked into the conference room and sat onto a chair next to Emukiel's quietly.

The hand of Emukiel pressed a few buttons on the table and the hologram showed out the whole unit, that also saw him.

"Allright, the trip won't be long, so do as much meditation as you can. We need your minds focused on the battlefield" he said first to the whole group, but then shut off the connection to the padawan.

"We need to focus with the padawans. Keep an eye out for any threat in their vicinity, as they are easy to be turned. Especially your masters. Don't be afraid to ask help from the knights if you have trouble keeping upwith your padawans" he said, then nodded and shut them all off.

He slumped in his chair and sighed quietly.

"What has the world come to?" he said and shook his head as Valgo looked at him.

"I don't know Eki... World makes no sence anymore. Force is the only thing that is clear" Valgo said and sighed aswell.

"I need to get some rest. I'm turning the unit to your care. Wake me up when we arrive" Emukiel said and stood up.

"Yes, master" Valgo answered and nodded as Eki left for his quarters to sleep. Valgo switched his place to the one Eki had sat in and started to wait for a direct contact from other unit leaders. The briefing of Juhn-Kai's was about to start and if anyone had question's of Emukiel's unit, he would have to work as the representative while Eki was asleep

Seriphyn, now encased in his white battle armour, briskly walked to the briefing room. The large doors slid open, and heads turned towards the Knight.

He smiled as he scanned the crowd, briefly catching glimpse of Jill. He walked round the table next to Master Juhn-Kai.

"Alright everybody" he said while he tapped some buttons on his console, "I have requested help from the Republic in this battle, if you have not been aware. We will rendezvous with the Republic fleet in orbit above Rhen Var, where we will see what sort of lineup the Sith has for us. Captain Nostaw?"

The spinning globe in the middle of the room was replaced by a hologram of Captain Samuel Nostaw, "Commander. The Templar has just joined the rest of the Republic fleet. We are on the opposite side of the planet from what we believe is the Sith fleet. We are awaiting your arrival before we engage"

"Thank you, Captain, carry on" replied Seriphyn. He tapped a button and the figure of Nostaw fuzzed up. Seriphyn smiled before sitting down.

A dark cave was suddenly lit up by a blue light, the man inside kept walking to a pedestal on which he found a small orb. He placed the orb on a holoprojector and a figure showed surrounded by a dim blue light.

- "We have little time, the Jedi have caught up to us, this is the last teaching I will give you, the fate of the Legions of Lettow fall on to you apprentice of the dark, it won't be long before I Xendor, leader of the Dark Legions fall into the hands of the Jedi... My last teaching to you is on this orb, keep it with you and you will be invincible...I failed, but you must make sure that my death and my teachings have not been in vain...in you my plans for the future fall over...you...my last apprentice" - The figure in the dim light said and vanished.

The man put the orb in his hand and closed his fist around it. There was a flash of red light. It was penetrating the man's body and in a moment it vanished. His eyes were deep red now. He walked outside where thousands of black hooded people awaited.

The man lifted his arm and revealed the orb to all of them. They all took out their sabers and screamed of joy. Without revealing his face he only lifted his other arm and they all fell silent.

- "Today, Lord Xendor's sacrifice is complete! Today we will decimate the Jedi and kill all those who stand in our way! Today...the rule of the Sith will begin!" - the man shouted and they all screamed in aproval.

======================

Juhn-Kai looked around, they were all there.

- "Alright, you all know why you're here...we are to meet the Sith in battle once again, not in a space battle...our republic friends will handle that. We will meet them on an open field, face to face...the battlefield will be there on the ground but also on your minds...the Sith will use everything bad you experienced on your life or even promise you power beyond your wildest dreams...it is all a joke...a big lie to persuade you to join their ranks...I understand this is a heavy burden for you, but that is why the Masters and Knights are here, to help and guide you so that if the moment comes, you can turn away from temptation...Here on my side is Sephiryn, a Jedi Knight who has seen death in the eye as well as me...He has learned to shun the dark side, he knows the true path of light...I can only hope that you will follow his example and that of your Masters as well...Our forces consist of three units, one led by me, one by Master Emukiel and one by Master Val-Kan" - Juhn-Kai said and Val-Kan continued.

- "Juhn-Kai's forces will advance to the center of the battlefield to engage the forces of the Sith deep inside their fortress. Master Emukiel's forces will create a perimiter and fight the outer defenses while my unit will engage the Sith in the full scale battle on the snowy plains of Rhen Var, Master Embok's forces will join mine to further the attack on the Sith infantry" - Val-Kan said.

- "Once inside the Fortress, we will separate in two teams, one led by me and another by Sephiryn. The one led by me will locate the Sith holocrons and retrieve them for further investigation. Sephiryn's team will locate the comunications array and find out the true location of the Sith Base and homeplanet" - Juhn-Kai said.

- "Anything you would like to add in representation of Master Emukiel, Valgo?" - Val-Kan added.

The hologram crakled and Valgo turned to looked at Val-Kan quietly. He then sat back and his other arm went to his chin. He looked around at different people and then, after another crackle of the hologram, he spoke.

"Master Ae-Saefar has always been more than willing to help the jedi order. I trust master Juhn-Kai and master Val-Kan, but master Ae-Saefar has his doubts of this operation. The padawans must be kept away from the Sith's influence. Val-Kan, are you absolutely sure that this plan will work and the padawans that you have in your unit will be good enought to succeed on battlefield?" the Weequay asked and looked at Seriphyn and his armor with a hint of mockery in his eyes.

"And to Seriphyn I say what a Sith could use as a weapon against him. Do you think that armor of yours is really that great? Is it truly better protection than a lightsaber in skilled hands? Why do you hide beneath armor and ranks instead of wearing an honorable jedi robe? Like Val-Kan said, the republic fights above the planet. Maybe you should be with them instead" he continued and still looked at Seriphyn. He now fell silent and sat back loosely, waiting for what the jedi knight would do to his words

Seriphyn stood up and looked at the hologram, nodding with partial agreement, "Master, I understand what you are saying, but sometimes the Force is not enough. I've lost both my arms in battle, and I've seen several Jedi die at the hands of meer bounty hunters and other non-Force sensitives. Just because we are masters of the Force, doesn't make us invincible.This armour has saved my life from situations where I would have been killed just wearing ordinary Jedi robes. However, this is just a twisted variation of an undergarment; I will still wear my cloak over this"

Seriphyn looked back around the room, "If this is acceptable, I will also be leading a battalion of Republic swordsmen, pikemen and riflemen in this battle. I believe it is our responsibility for us to take care of the more...potent enemies while the non-Jedi give us support by taking out the Sith infantry"

Seriphyn leant forward and pressed a button on his console. Captain Nostaw appeared again and, like Seriphyn, was encased in battle armour.

"Captain, is my battalion ready?" Seriphyn asked

"Yes, Commander. We are prepped to land on the surface at your command" responded Nostaw.

"Very good, Nostaw. Land at the coordinates we are sending now" Seriphyn tapped several, seemingly random buttons on his console, "Order the fleet to engage the Sith; we need our Jedi transports to slip by with no hassle"

The Captain saluted, "Yes sir!"

Seriphyn returned the salute and then pressed yet another button on his console, resulting in Captain Nostaw dissappearing. He looked around the room, before sitting down again.

Valgo now stood up and looked rather disappointed at the actions of the jedi knight.

"Are you willing to send republic troops to be mercissly slaughtered just for us to get throught without any hassle?" he said and hit the table, the bang coming throught the hologram instead of the table in the conference room.

"Master Juhn-Kai, I must disagree with this action! It is against the jedi code to let innocent die because of us. Republic should have no contact with the sith. Those troops going against other normal soldiers is one thing, but I cannot let those soldiers die in the hands of the sith. Seriphyn, you should know better!" Valgo said, his voice rising a bit. The tension in the room started to grow slightly as the padawan could see the representative of Master Ae-Saefar give such words to be heard

Seriphyn shifted in his chair irritably before standing up yet again, "Master, this battalion is not your ordinary group of Republic military flunkies. These men are my own personal best; they've been through everything I've been through, right alongside me. They won't be slaughtered through by a single Sith so easily. For example, I've trained Captain Nostaw with the use of the vibroblade so extensively, he himself can kill lightsaber-wielding opponents"

He reached under his table and revealed a white battle helmet in similar design to his armour. Seriphyn slowly slotted it over his head and then twisted it slightly once it completely covered his face. It hissed slightly. He tapped the side of the helmet and the single eyeslot, where you could just make out Seriphyn's brown eyes, faded into black as the helmet's electronic optical system whirred to life..

"Besides," Seriphyn's voice was now electronic through the helmet's communicator, "I don't intend that my battalion directly engages Dark Jedi and other lightsaber-wielding Sith. Unlike some Republic commanders, I do care about my soldiers"

He turned to Master Juhn-Kai, "I suggest we hurry, Master, the Republic has already engaged the enemy fleet. We need to use this opportunity"

Valgo looked at Seriphyn and hit the table again to get the jedi knight's attention again.

"Do not forget where you are sending these troops. They are going to the heart of the Sith to fight. It is inevitable that they will counter a well trained sith there with mastery over swordsmanship" he said and looked at Seriphyn and his republic armour.

"You are sending them to cause a fuss and the sith will expect us to be with them. The sith will send their best fighters there and even the most skilled vibroblade user cannot defeat a well trained swordsman. You should know that Seriphyn. You say you are different from other commanders but you act like one of them. You are no jedi..."

You could not see Seriphyn's reaction through his intimidatingly-designed helmet, "Master Valgo, I told you before, these aren't just grunts; they are the elite. But, if that doesn't concern you, would you rather lose cold-blooded killers, which these soldiers have become, or Jedi instead?"

Juhn-Kai got up his seat and spoke in a calm but clear voice to get both Jedi's attention.

- "Seriphyn, Master Valgo is right, the Sith infantry that your republic forces are flying to meet have been trained to engage the Jedi...remember that this war the Sith planned was intended to fight us, not the republic...I know how good your troops are, I can sense the force in Captain Nostow, but these are specially trained Sith Assassins and Maurauders. That is why Val-Kan's unit is formed by Jedi Masters and Knights instead of Padawans, his unit only has Padawans that are ready to become Jedi Knights, Master Embok wanted it that way... If your troops are to help, you should tell them to provide cover for the padawans in our unit since we are the ones making the stealth approach...as I already said, Master Valgo is right, we could loose all your troops to the Sith, for what I've seen Sith don't lower themselves to use blasters, they WILL use Lightsabers, and only Master Val-Kan and his forces would be able to push them back. As for the Republic fleet out here, they are engaging the Sith in Space battle, and that will be the only part of this war they will be involved in...Destroying the Sith is our task, and ours alone...if you still don't believe it Seriphyn reach out to the planet's surface with your senses...can you feel the terrible darkside aura coming from the plains? That is the power of the infantry alone... This war will be nothing like the first Schism, this one will be worse...now ask yourself, do you really want to send your friends on a fight where their survival possibilities are close to none?" - Juhn-Kai said.

Jill saw Seriphyn from her seat, she only listened to the sound of his voice, she knew Seriphyn would do the right thing whatever he felt that was.

Val-Kan stood up.

- "Your worry about the padawans is noted Master Valgo, I am glad that Master Juhn-Kai has clarified the information for you, I would never risk the padawans on open war with fully trained Sith Lords, you will agree that it would be irresponsible and unfair, we, the Masters and Knights will provide the necesary cover so that you can engage the fortress on full stealth, all that will remain there will be the students and some Sith Lords, enough for you to handle" - Val-Kan said.

Seriphyn nodded, seemingly emotionless because of the all-encumburing helmet he was wearing.

"Very well...I will assign the battalion to assist the Padawans, however, I would request Captain Nostaw and a couple of my best elites comes with us; the three of them are probably just as good as me with a sword. I also request that the newly appointed Lieutenant Devious lead my battalion of troops alongside the rest of the Padawans" Seriphyn looked at Jill, staring at her with no consequence thanks to the masking of his helmet.

Seriphyn mentally shrugged; nothing he couldn't say against that. He nodded in response so quickly, that he thought he could have snapped the back of his neck.

"Now, are we done Master? I need to move with haste, brief my battalion on the surface in person and whatnot. Of course, I'll need the Lieutenant to come with me" he said, waving his hand in Jill's direction.

Valgo nodded in agreement with the words of Juhn-Kai and Val-Kan and took a step back from the table. He seemed to be calm as soon as he sat down and continued to observe the jedi around the table. His eyes stopped again at Seriphyn, as he waited for the reckless jedi to answer. By the way he acted with Seriphyn and how he did not risk the padawan, you would think Valgo was related to Emukiel somehow else than just by being his padawan. Valgo was actually the first one who Eki tought his fighting style to and the two of them have been finishing it up since then and keeping each others updated. Valgo himself has never wanted a padawan, as he likes to be with himself and without the risk of the padawan messing something up while on a mission

"A jedi knight and a republic commander is not in a hurry unless specifically said so" he said to Seriphyn and then suddenly looked away from what scanned him for the hologram. He then turned back and looked at Juhn-Kai and Val-Kan.

"Master Ae-Saefar wishes to speak with you and the jedi council, master Juhn-Kai and master Val-Kan. Alone" he said and looked at something again beyond the hologram's scanner view. Valgo looked thoughtfull and nodded to the person, who was probably either Ae-Saefar himself or a droid

Seriphyn's heart started racing. Was this about the incident with Jill? No, it couldn't be. Something like that couldn't have sparked the Council's attention. It wasn't THAT bad was it? Seriphyn shifted uncomfortably.

"Well, make it quick" he said "My job as an officer isn't some sort of thing on the side; it's just as important as being a Jedi. I get paid for it, you know"

Seriphyn could have sworn he heard the entire room laugh just then, but it stayed deadly silent. The nervous Jedi looked from both sides of the room in panic. He sighed in annoyance.

He lightly banged his fists on the table "Alright, everyone other then the said out please"

Jill walked out of the briefing room. She waited outside for Seriphyn.

=========

No one in the rooms was left other than the Master. Master Embok had made contact earlier and was ready to discuss the matters that Master Emukiel wanted to present.

- "Master Valgo, report to Master Ae-Saefar that the council is ready" - Juhn-Kai said.

Seriphyn left irritated. He leant himself on the wall of the outside corridor.

He looked at Jill, and realised he still had his helmet on. What a waste, this was taking longer then he thought. Might as well take this thing off, he thought to himself. Too bad, I was just getting used to the itchiness and everything.

Upon taking off his helmet, he briefly shook his hair about and turned to Jill. He walked up to her in a discreet manner.

"Hey, Jill..." he said quietly, "This is taking too long. The Republic fleet is probably already getting pounded on the far side of the planet, and my soldiers are getting colder and colder as they wait for us. Do you want to just screw this and go?"

Seriphyn was fully aware that he was acting less and less of a Jedi and more of a soldier on this day, but the current situation demanded the latter and not the former. He widened his eyes in anticipation of Jill's answer.

Jill was fascinated by Seriphyn and his resolve to take matters in his own hands.

- "Well I guess as long as we do it together" - Jill replied and then saluted him - "Whatever your orders are Commander I'll follow."

==========

Meanwhile on the chamber of the briefing room the Masters awaited Emukiel to start their meeting.

Seriphyn turned his head to the side, looking somewhat ashamed.

"Listen, I know I haven't been acting as...a good role model today. I've tried to sneak up on you with my lusty desires, I shouted at you in rage when all you wanted to do was impress me and I've been acting as more of a soldier then a Jedi"

He sighed before looking back at Jill, "I don't want to turn you into what I've become, that is, a reckless, arrogant Jedi-warrior hybrid. I appreciate the loyalty, but it's probably best that we both stay here"

Seriphyn laughed, "Actually, I don't think we *could* go so randomly, seeing we're with Juhn-Kai. Besides, I've already made enemies with one Master; I wouldn't make enemies with yours"

He looked at Jill suggestively, seeing if she got what he inferred. The moment of staring at each other was abruptly interrupted by Emwhy, who came beeping out of nowhere. Seriphyn laughed and tapped him on the head.

"Come on, let's go to one of the sparring rooms and try and have a velocity without me ranting about my war days" Seriphyn patted Jill on the shoulder, and began walking to wherever the sparring room was.

Archived