Home

The Hundred Year Darkness (The Second Great Schism)

Shana

Valgo vanished as he stood up and went oof of the scanner's view. He was soon replaced by Emukiel as he sat down and leaned back on the chair. He watched as the holograms of the jedi council appeared. He looked aroundat the masters that had stayed to watch and then sat up straight.

"I do not trust Seriphyn's attitude enought for a padawan to be trusted under his care. He is a soldier, not a jedi" he said and brought up the issue of granting the jedi knight a padawan. That is why he asked for the jedi council to be a part of the conversation.

"He needs to be re-educated in the force, for he is too convinced that ranks mean more than the title of a jedi and he has a growing lust for someone, that must be suffocated before it turns into an emotionally controled situation. I want him back to Coruscant andback to being a padawan learner. He has lost the title of a jedi knight in my eyes" he said and leaned a bit forward in his chair. Of course Master Ae-Saefar was only a jedi master, but his words also mean something, as he is the head master of the jedi academy of Sriluur. If he wouldn't be the head master, he would probably be admitted into the jedi council long ago

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Master Vijaay Thuri, one of the masters in the Jedi Council, stood up, his hologram fuzzing slightly from the sudden movement.

"Master Emukiel, I was Seriphyn's master when he was a Padawan. I should tell you, that Seriphyn will throw down his lightsaber and denounce the Jedi Order before accepting a demotion. Though Seriphyn may be reckless, impatient and arrogant, he uses these traits against the Dark Side. The main cause of his internal suffering is because of the Sith, and he has sworn to destroy them by any means necessary. Taking him back down to Padawan will only be detrimental to the situation; he will grow impatient as he learns what he already knows and will only rush his retraining to attain tha rank of Knight again. He has seen a lot through his lifetime; his skills are equal to those of a Master but, as you may know, he has rejected any offer to become one. Clearly, you should think about your proposal a bit more thoroughly instead of coming up with ideas based on dislike of Seriphyn's character"

Thuri sat back down, awaiting a response to what he just said.

Emukiel slowly and calmly stood up and his hologram leaned over the table at the crackling hologram of Master Thuri.

"If he is ready to denounce the jedi order because we dicipling him, I do not think he is even worth the title of a padawan. We cannot let a reckless jedi knight keep the jedi order in a leash just because he might denounce it. It is better for him to denounce himself here and now rather than on the battlefield when there are innocent padawans around him. I wouldn't even trust a pet into his care. And padawan Devious is another thing that I am concerned about. Devious and Seriphyn are too close on an emotional level. You should see that, Juhn-Kai" he said and looked at Juhn-Kai. He then turned to view all the mastrs at time, pleading for their support.

"We cannot have a jedi like that on this ship. The sith have influence even on us masters. A reckless jedi knight lie Seriphyn is easily turned if the sith can say the right words to him"

"Easily turned if the Sith can say the right words to him?! You obviously know nothing about Seriphyn's past, Master Emukiel! Seriphyn has slain many Dark Jedi and Sith and, naturally, during those conflicts, the enemy will no doubt tried to persuade Seriphyn into turning into a Sith. Ask Master Juhn-Kai, here. I find it very insulting to me and to Seriphyn to see that you think he's just any ordinary impatient Jedi Knight who turns to the Dark Side on the snap of a pair of fingers. If anything, this action of demoting him will increase his chances of turning to the Dark Side. He'll want revenge on you, for one thing. That's assuming he doesn't leave the Order as soon as he learns of all this, which is probably going to be the more likely possibility out of the two"

Master Thuri inhaled heavily, before turning to Juhn-Kai, "Master, would you like to brief Emukiel here on Seriphyn's military and Jedi history?"

Juhn-Kai remained seated. Master Val-Kan and the others started to speak between them. Master Embok turned to speak to one of the Masters around him. There was much noise of many talking between them.

EDIT.-

- "Master Ae-Saefar, I do sense the bond between Jill and Seriphyn...thank you for bringing it to my attention, I will call her for the necesary measures to take before it gets out of our hands, but I must express that through my lifetime I've met Jedi like Seriphyn, most of them have turned or given up the order, but I feel he's one of the few who will remain a Jedi I sense no conflict inside him and feel he is prepared for any threat, but it is my opinion I am not perfect and cannot be without mistake but I feel strongly for this young man, he has much to give to the order, should you decide to put Seriphyn under the instruction of Master Ae-Saefar until he deems necesary to place him as an active member of the Jedi comunity I will not stand between it but I do request that he is not demoted, I have always respected the wishes of the council even though I have not always agreed, however if you should do so I must request that Seriphyn's place be taken by Master Valgo and Seriphyn placed under me for the duration of the battle" - Juhn-Kai said.

Val-Kan stood up.

- "This discussion won't help, it will only weaken our ranks while the Sith get even more prepared" - Val-Kan said.

- "Val-Kan, I sense you're restless, just like you've always been, but through all the thousands of years we have lived you should know better than to rush into war unprepared...it is better to put all our doubts and views out on the open" - Juhn-Kai said.

Val-Kan sat on his seat again after sighting. Master Embok stood up.

- "As head of this council I must agree with Mast Ae-Saefar, this bond Seriphyn and Devious share will ultimately destroy them...a Jedi should know this. As to what Master Juhn-Kai said, I feel he is correct to say that to place Seriphyn under further instruction with Master Ae-Saefar would be the prudent action for this council to take as long as the Master deems necesary. And to deal with Devious, Master Juhn-Kai will see to the proper action, she is after all his padawan, and lastly I will ask the council and Master present to vote on the matter of demoting Seriphyn, all those in favor say I" - Master Embok said.

Val-Kan said "I", but Juhn-Kai stood silent. As to all the other masters some said "I" and some remained silent, only Master Ae-Saefar, Valgo and Seriphyn's Master were left to vote.

"I" Emukiel said and the face of Valgo peeked from the side.

"I" Valgo said and vanished again beyond what the hologram could show. Eki could see Master Thuri's look of despair but stayed on his opinion. He sat back on his chair and waited for the meeting to be adjurned.

I nthe meanwhile, after Valgo had voted, the young weequay left Master Ae-Saefar to finish the meeting and he himself went off to get their stuff ready for their landing and to inform the pilot of the situation. Only the need-to-know information anyways

Master Thuri stood up, and began speaking in a slow manner.

"This is the greatest insult I have ever been victim of. I love Seriphyn as my brother, and even as my son. Yet, all of you here who know nothing of Seriphyn, insist he is demoted to a Padawan. You have destroyed him, and for this I mourn. Most of you here don't even know Seriphyn that well, yet you insist he is destroyed because of what you've heard from others and not from your own experience with him. You are all fools"

Vijaay reached for his lightsaber and threw it into the centre of the council chamber.

"For this, I step down as a member of the Jedi High Council, and from the Jedi Order as a whole. I do not wish to see the effects of this decision on my disciple"

He looked around to the different masters, who in turn looked away from him when they caught eyecontact. He shook his head before walking out of the chamber and out of view on the hologram.

Seriphyn removed his helmet which had been burnt slightly from one of Jill's attacks. He stared at Jill with a hybrid expression of blankness and panic. A huge disturbance in the Force, they both felt together. Both felt? That was odd. I hope this thing I have for her hasn't developed some sort of Force bond as well, he thought to himself.

He stood up, his face still emotionless. He looked back down at Jill, and then looked towards the door.

"Something is up" he said with no particular tone whatsoever. He suddenly burst into a jog, running out of the makeshift sparring room and towards the briefing room.

The doors slid open, and he immediatley caught sight of the empty chair in the hologram of the Jedi Temple council chamber. Where was Master Thuri?

Seriphyn's face scrunched up in anger. He looked at Master Juhn-Kai, expecting answers.

- "Calm down Seriphyn, you know better than to feel anger, I feel terrible that you must hear this from me, but Master Thuri has renunced the order. He renunced because this council has decided on a vote, that you require further instruction in the force, Master Ae-Saefar will train you for as long as he deems necesary to let you become an active member of the Order again, you will still be under my unit but Master Valgo will lead what was to be your team, he has issued his orders to the republic officers you lead. Against my wishes you're a Senior Padawan again" - Juhn-Kai said clearly disappointed at the decision.

Jill walked closely behind Seriphyn and heard everything, she wanted so much to hold his hand but held back because all the Masters were present.

Discreetly, Seriphyn's robotic hands clenched up in anger.

"Senior Padawan?! What sort of rubbish is that? I'm 22 years old, a leader of a thousand armies, and I'm back down to Padawan? Do you know how insulting that is? Master Juhn-Kai, you know what I've been through, surely my experiences don't deserve the lowly rank of Padawan. And what's this about 'further instruction with the Force'? As far as I know, I'm the only one here who knows how to use Force lightning! *And* I'm just as good as most of the Masters here when it comes to being a Jedi combatant; aren't you aware that I got offered Master position several times over? That effectively means you're demoting a Jedi Master, all the way back down to-"

Seriphyn stopped and recalled the empty chair in the hologram.

"Where is Vijaay Thuri?" he asked, this time his tone much calmer then before.

Master Embok stood up.

- "It doesn't matter what you've been through Seriphyn and it doesn't matter that Master Juhn-Kai disagrees with our decision, Master Thuri has left the order in protest and has surrendered his lightsaber, it is the will of this council that you are to be put under Master Ae-Saefar and will recieve further instruction in the Force from him, force lightning and other powers are irrelevant, many in this room have powers that some of us don't possess and that doesn't make them any greater than the others or special" - Master Embok said and Juhn-Kai stood up.

- "I must make a stand here. I've never protested against anything in the council and for 19,000 thousand years, I've kept quiet, none of you except Val-Kan have lived as much as I have. Learned from the force as much as I have. None of you have discovered the Flight ability I developed with Val-Kan, not even my padawans have been able to learn it since it takes years upon years to master. And though I trust Master Emukiel with my life I must disagree with the fact that Seriphyn is not special, if he wasn't Master Thuri wouldn't have walked out of this council, we've known each other for years. I must make a request...your decision will be what triggers next. Let Seriphyn remain a Jedi, you can test him if you like, but if my request is denied I will step down from the council, It is clear this young man became a Jedi because he passed the trials you set upon him, demoting him to Padawan is most unfair and a sign of error in judgement from this council...if this is true...how can we expect the Republic to trust us if we make errors of judgement between our own ranks?" - Juhn-Kai said.

Master Embok remained on his feet.

- "So be it, The council calls for a vote, those who accept Juhn-Kai's request say I, those who don't stay silent" - Master Embok said.

Some Masters were friends of Juhn-Kai and some others were not so many said I but then Juhn-Kai spoke.

- "If you are to vote, make it impartial, not for a sworn friendship to me my good friends" - Juhn-Kai said.

Many still said I and the other half stayed silent, it was down to Master Emukiel and Valgo to decide. Val-Kan had said I, after all he saw in Seriphyn the same kind of man he used to be himself.

Jill still watched but stayed on the side of Seriphyn, this time she wanted so much to hold his hand but still held back, it was such a powerless feeling she had.

Seriphyn looked back at Jill, a tear down the side of his cheek, staring at her with open, sad eyes, like a child's. Seriphyn wasn't sure who made this decision, but whoever it was, he's the reason that his master, the closest thing he had to a father, had abandoned him. If Seriphyn was demoted, he would swear to himself to get revenge.

Jill saw Seriphyn cry, she had never been witness to such unfairness from the council and now even her master was about to step down from the council if his request was denied. Juhn-Kai was clearly on Seriphin's side. Jill was about to fall into an ocean of tears, even as strong as Juhn-Kai had made her she felt completely powerless to help Seriphyn, she could only watch, she started to feel anger and desperation but most of all sadness. Before she could realize she almost touched Seriphyn's hand but held back again, this made her even more sad and angry.

It was silent while Emukiel was thinking, and he took his time. He looked at Juhn-Kai the whole time.

"Valgo is unavailable at the moment,but I vote I" he finally said and shifted in his chair a bit nervously as he could feel the tention with Jill and Seriphyn growing.

"I ask for padawan Devious to be removed from the room. This matter does not concern her" he said right after he finished his last sentence and his hand nudged for his lightsaber suddenly. The two jedi by the door were both somehow mad and it was very disturbing

Seriphyn sniffed the hot air of the briefing room.

"Enough!" Seriphyn's sorrow suddenly dissipated.

"I must go now to join my soldiers; this has gone on long enough. I have obligations to the Republic as well as the Jedi. I don't know if you've noticed, but the Republic fleet has been fighting the Sith fleet this whole time we've been talking. We've almost wasted an opportunity to land on the planet without any fuss from the Sith starships. I request that we put this to one side for now, and get this battle over with"

- "This council will meet again after the battle in which the decision will be final, I call this council meeting over, let us tend to the matters at hand, you all know what must be done" - Master Embok said.

Juhn-Kai turned to face Emukiel.

- "See you down there old friend" - Juhn-Kai said and Val-Kan followed him out the room.

Juhn-Kai saw Jill and Seriphyn standing on the doorway.

- "Seriphyn, Jill...follow me" - Juhn-Kai said.

================

While Zek and Malia were in hyperspace they got a message from Master Embok.

- "Master Zek, we are prepared to engage, please hurry" - Master Embok said.

The hologram of Emukiel disappeared and the voice of the pilot sounded throught the intercom.

"Sith spaceship in nine o'clock. Man all turrets. Man all turrets!"

A group of the crew ran throught the halls and in a moment the turrets started shooting at the incoming sith spaceship. Valgo came into the briefing room and clicked the hologram showing the view around the spaceship on.

"The captain said that we need to get ready for a rought landing" he said and pointed at the sith spaceship shooting rapidly at them.

"Allright. I'll be there in just a minute" Eki said and Valgo left, clicking th ehologram off and leaving the master to think the situation throught.

Finally Emukiel rose up and left, just in time for the spaceship to plunge with it's last powers throught the atmosphere of the planet. The ship had fires around it as it crashed onto the surface of the planet, actually quite near to the landing spot they were supposed to land on.

The ramp opened and two lightsabers were seen throught the slowly falling and dispercing dust cloud and the two jedi walked out with their robes already thrown away. They started to rush back to the landing spot while the ramp closed again and the crew started working on getting the ship armed and ready to be defended if the sith decided to attack the burning vessel, allthought the fires were being rapidly put out by a sturdy little astrodroid

Seriphyn slotted his helmet back on yet again as he followed Juhn-Kai and Jill. He placed his hand on the side of his helmet, pressing the comm button.

"Sam?" said Seriphyn speaking into the helmet.

"Commander, what's taking you so long? We've been done here for almost an hour, and we've already lost five cruisers and eight frigates in the space battle up above" responded Nostaw.

"Apologies, Sam, Jedi bureacracy. Get my commando team ready; we're coming down"

Archived