Home

Yoda questions

Servercat

I am in the midst at trying my hand at SW Fiction and I am looking for a little info so I can stay true to canon. Any help would be much appreciated :)

1. As best that I can tell, from statements made in ESB, Yoda is at least 800+ years old. Are there any further references to nail down his age, when he dies in RotJ?

2. What is/was the largest wholesale mass slaughter/loss of Jedi after The Jedi Civil War(Kotor 1/2) before the Prequel Movies?

3. (Most importantly :D) Is there any mention of who was Yoda's master?

Thanks for your help :)

We don't know anything about Yoda's master, and anything you've heard are probably fan-based rumors. Same goes (even more so) for his species.

I don't know about your 2nd question. I guess the whole "Battle of Ruusan" thing, which introduced Darth Bane (the creator of the rule of 2). But I really don't know all that much about prequel EU, so I can't be sure.

If you want some references in writing a fanfic I suggest you look at the unofficial database at theforce.net link or the starwars databank on the official site link

As for you questions of Yoda: it is just not known. George Lucas still doesn't want to clear all the mistery about our little green friend, so you'll just have to make that up in your fic.

Hope this helps and good luck writing!

do you remember yaddle in episode 1, on the jedi high council, what was that all about?

she was a fellow member of Yoda's species. She dies between TPM and AOTC

Basically:

*Yoda's species has NEVER been formally announced by Lucasfilm Licensing - therefore is officialy stated as 'unknown' on sw.com

*There isnt a documented 'mass slaughter' of jedi apart from the execution of Order 66. Even with KOTOR/TSL, or the rise of Darth Bane, the events surrounding these cannot be paralleled to the Jedi Purge.

In fact Darth Bane was the Sith Lord who decreed the "only two" rule and then put the sith into hiding to preserve their teachings. This lasted of course for 1000 years until the rise of sidious.

*No there is no mention of Yoda's master. Maybe he learnt kis skillz from Wiki :p

mtfbwya

Archived