Home

Security droid?

Spawnof theSith

Ok I just got the first game yesterday and it is friggin awsome!! I am in the sith base on taris right know and I am wondering if the only way to disable it is using the main computor. Oh and to do this do I need security spikes or computor spikes? I can only buy security spikes and I don't have enough to shut down the droid. PLEASE HELP!!!?!!!

Spawnof theSith - Welcome to LucasForums! :waive1:

Just FYI, in KotOR security spikes don't work. I don't recall exactly why but it's kind of frustrating to have them and not be able to use them. So you may as well sell security spikes for the money because they serve no other purpose in the game. This did get fixed in TSL.

IIRC using computer spikes can help you shut down the Sith base force field and disable the droid guarding the force field but you don't have to use computer spikes. You can always just face and defeat the droid and then there's a keycard you find in one of the base lockers that will deactivate the force field.

Welcome to the Forum

I fyou talk about the droid with the shield round it you can't either use computer spikes to disable its shields or estory the power conduit next to it which take down it shields can't remember why it tells you on the data pad you take off the sith officer you fight when you come into the base

Hope this helps:)

• 4 months later...

i like to use the the double bladed wepon 3/13 snd ion blasters the best way is to get in with a close range wepon then just slice the thing up you probley the arm band an belt from the swoop fight uae them they will protect you then get in nice and close then attack it with the wepon it should die after about 3 or 4 minutes with not much dammage

long as you get in nice and close you should be fine

ranged wepons are a bad idea

i've never done this, but couldnt you shut down it's shields and then blow up the power conduit? that should surely deal out some ddamage. Like i said, im not sure if you can, so sorry if it's a duff idea.

but the thing is if you get in close with a melee single or double bladed you dont need to shut down the shield because the droids shield is only strong agaist blasters so my surgestion is to a melee or the echani bladed wepon its great but there is only one in the whole game can bring down anything and plus if you get in nice and close you dont have to worry about blasters or the power conduct . it works wvery time for me and yes you can use spikes to cause the sheild to shut down

OK Guys & Gals.. this is just a heads up reminder...

This is (I'm assuming) Spawnof theSith's 1st time playing through...

Now I'm not sure whether s/he's <?> been spoiled or not.. but let's NOT do it here. You guys and gals are doing great so far :D

So unless Spawnof theSith specifically asked to be spoiled, let's stick to tactics & tips..

We all know what a great game the first one was, let's make sure Spawnof theSith get's the full effect of the game :D

Please make sure that if you are not positive about what you intend to post, run it by a friend or use the spoiler tags

[spoiler] ...spoiler content here between these 2 tags... [/spoiler]

And of course, if you have already been spoiled Spawnof theSith... let us know, but for now tread carefully in these forums.. some spoilers lurk around here ;)

its all good I beat this game a few months ago. I just started playing kotor 2.

maaaan.. and I wrote all that stuff out.. hehehehe :xp:

OK gang, ignore the old coot, I'll just go talk to myself in a cave now.. :lol:

Carry on! :D

EDIT: ahh.. now I see.. this thread got ressurected from a 5 month sleep.. damn it all :headbump

That'll teach me to not take my own advice about reading ahead.. *sigh*...

@Canderous_ordo1.. Dude! You have got to stop bringing these old threads back to life.. this is not the first time I've been seeing this. Consider this a friendly reminder since I was at fault and didn't notice the post date until too late...

Archived