Home

whats up with that?@#$!

d5c

do you think on hoth the at-at should be weaker?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. do you think on hoth the at-at should be weaker?

• yes
    • no
    • its good the way it is

1st, "no" and "it's good the way it is" are the same answer.

2nd...in BF1 it's too easy to take down with a tow cable, the rocket's are average, but nothing else does damage. (OK mines and time bombs do, but it's rare for someone to get that close.)

In BF2 the speeders finally do blaster damage, but overall it's too easy to take down. I'd like something in between.

Agreed, they're meant to be hard to take down. I can't see why he was banned, I looked at his posts and his only crime seems to be that he is an idiot...
Idiots shouldn't be banned. Someone needs to be at the bottom to make the other people look smart... This thread could use a much better name, but there are so many other badly named threads.

I don't think they are too hard to take down. In fact, I think they are to easy to take down. In the movies, only one was taken out and that was by a hero. The At-At's armor should be increased and its speed decreased (or at least something to counter the extra armor). I'm not talking about how easy it is to use tow cables, I'm talking about a units ablity to damage the AT-AT from the ground.

Thats true... it still took me ages to use the snowspeeder though as i used to sit in the back and let the Ai do the driving, but thankfully ive matered it now, exept for the odd flying into the floor problem every now and then. Still, the AT-At is good enough as it is, as its designed to be a tough piece of kit and not a flimsy walking thing

Well, it depends on how you attack the AT-AT. But, it is much easier to take down an AT-AT in BFII, which shouldn't be that easy.

I also hate the fact that it became a one man vehicle. No co-pilot.

Overall BF2 made it too easy. I don't mind that speeders do some damage, but now they do too much.

aww man, I accidently voted "yes"... anywho, I completely agree, the AT-AT should not be easier to take down, in fact I think it's fine the way it is, good armor, lasers and rockets deal some damage, but nothing of signifigance (unless you get him on the neck) and it clearly has the power to destroy all the turrets before they get a chance to aim at his neck and deal any real damage.

These things will wear it down in time, but the only immediate threat is the snow speeders. Which have been weakened, so one rocket will blast them out of the sky, heck I rarely see a successful tripping of an AT-AT anymore. I also don't like the fact that speeders now have high powered lasers, I mean in the movies the lasers were ineffective, in the game they should be as well (exept maybe targeting the neck deals slightly more damage.)

Speaking of snow speeders, has anyone noticed that they removed the tail gunners lasers? He only has cables now, I know it's only a minor gripe, but I loved spraying infantry with those lasers (and sometimes actually getting a kill.) and yeah, it sucks that it is now a one man vehicle, I wonder why they got rid of the co-pilot position.

Not to attack you, but where in the movies did someone see a rocket hit the At-At's neck? I can't remember.

Sorry, I think he meant 5 to 10 hits from a speeder's blaster.

The fact that BF1 was more true to the movies in the sense that speeders didn't do any damage except for towing the ATAT.

Not to attack you, but where in the movies did someone see a rocket hit the At-At's neck? I can't remember.

I said, in Battlefront II, 5 to 10 hits on the neck from a turrets blaster would take an AT-AT down, which is totally untrue to the movies as blasters aren't meant to do anything to it.

You just misunderstood.

(aaaaaaaaaa too many unnecissary quotes!!!! it burns and stings!!! make it stop!!!)

I admit, they are much tougher to destroy in BFII than in the original, it's even pretty easy to hit the snowspeeders from inside the ATAT if your timing's good enough. And in SBF, even if you did managed to hit one, it still wouldn't kill it.

[note: this site's Ads by Gooooooogle thing is freakishly annoying. It's like the opposite of advertising. It's like, I reeeeeeally hate jeeves right now, and I don't want to have to get rid of him every time he pops up. That iPod is a fake.]

Speaking of snow speeders, has anyone noticed that they removed the tail gunners lasers? He only has cables now, I know it's only a minor gripe, but I loved spraying infantry with those lasers (and sometimes actually getting a kill.)

I never noticed that, haven't been a co-pilot for one in BF2 yet. Yeah, I loved when I got a hit with the cable, my pilot would be circling, I'd fire near the walker's feet to take out any spawns before they could get a rocket off. That would really suck without that laser.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it should be weaker necessarily. I think that the head rotation shouldnt be so wide. Its kinda easy to shoot down speeders most of the time. AI does it to me unless I get real close in the T-47. Half the time I crash. Thats not really considering it making it weaker is it?

• 2 months later...

Archived