Home

Best EAW army

Byrnsie

Id have to be the empire i just like the all around looks of the Imps than the Rebs

Id just build 2 medium sized fleets and try to seige 2 planets at ounce may be a little more challenging that way and id just anmbush (If you can) and flank them like crazy all the while air strikes and arty bomb them like crazy in the center

• 3 weeks later...
Whoever said the Home One could take on a ISD is a lier, the Home one had about the weapon strength of a corvette. Its only advantage was its big size. but enough of that

The Empire is just plain better, better trained troops, more troops, fanatical about their cause, follow orders without question, 25,000 of the almighty ISD which can destroy any of the Rebels ship in one on one combat.

Home One could easily taken on an ISD in one on one combat. How can you call 29 turbolasers, 36 ion batteries being equal to the weapon strength of a corvette!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
yeah but the Rebels morale was better and didnt depend on the Sith Lord influence and it doesnt go round kill themselves for one mistake.[/Quote]

What are you talking about ? In RL rebels would never have won the war. Comme on plz. In the ROJ you have the DS 2 crushing down MCC after MCC and more than half of the Imperial fleet including the SSD waiting for rebels on the other side and they loose.

No way, it's Lucas's whish to make empire loose not some rebel skill.

When we gona see the movie where "bad" guys win ?

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Technically.. neither army is better.

But if you just compare it on Paper Versus Paper stats, empire will, and should, completely Steamroll the Rebel alliance each time, if we use Only Paper Versus Paper stats.

I'm almost, or was, an Exclusively Rebel player. There units are majorly inferior to most of the Empire units. Nuff said. Their units will Not win against Empire, capital ships/frigates/cruisers I'm talking about here, in a 1 versus 1 brawl. Tried and tested it many times, Empire just has more firepower.

However, Empire are not mobile, at all. They are not as fancy as the Rebels and they can't afford to do some of the innovated maneuvers a skilled Rebel player can do with ease.

I've always ran into the argument that Empire is superior in space. For a long time, I thought that to be true too. However, Rebels are just as good. I'm not going to say on-par because in all honesty, they are Not. A Rebel fleet going toe2toe with an imperial fleet of the same caliber of size without micromanagement Will get decimated. Rebels require an all together different game-play method. In campaign, the Empire sure as hell can afford to Throw units at their enemies repeatedly because they have one heck of a stable economy during the early games. Rebels - if you do that, you die. Simply put. Have to adopt Guerilla warfare tactics but I digress.

TL:DR

Rebellion Alliance > Empire

Archived