RC not working on Windows XP

Sabretooth

1. System Specs

Processor: 1 GHz Pentium III Processor

Graphic Card: nVidia GeForce FX 5200 w/ 128 MB VRAM

RAM: 512 MB

Hard Drives: 10 GB Seagate 5200 RPM, 80 GB Samsung 5200 RPM

2. System Layout

Windows ME and Windows XP installed. Windows ME is on the 10 GB drive and Windows XP on the 80 GB. The game is installed on the 80 GB drive, under XP.

3. Problem

The game runs well on Windows ME, when ran directly from the exe file. On XP, the game crashes at some points. For eg. The game crashes at times in the opening sequence at Kamino, when aiming down the sniper, switching on the low-light mode etc. It also crashes randomly. It used to restart, but I turned off the restart-after-crash option in XP. Now it shows a blue screen. On ME, the game runs perfectly, even at highest graphics and resolution (1024x768).

I tried running in compatibility mode for 98/ME. It runs OK, but has sudden jerks every 3 secs, which makes gameplay almost impossible. Crashes with NT/2000.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Sory, wrong forum. Can someone here move it to the Technical Problems place?

• 4 years later...

Ok um dont do compatibility to anything uncheak it. Then go into the game and turn bummapping quality to low. Um if that doesnt work try doing the cheak your computer or something when you hit the icon for republic commando and see if anything comes up !

Archived