Home

Mercenary Crew: Chapter II: The Bank Job

starmark2k

"I'm a wanderer by nature," Emma answered thoughtfully. "The cap'n wanted a gunner, I signed on... best damn gunner here, too, or so the others say." She paused thoughtfully. "Don't much matter where I go. I like the ship and the people. Ship's got so much character to her... not like anything you'll find in production these days. And the crew? Quite a bunch." She smirked. "I'm sure all of us have our secrets, but we still work well together..."

She swore quietly again. "And then John has to go and get himself all... batty..." She shook her head. "Ain't supposed to happen like that."

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacen stepped out of the infirmary and saw heard Emma and Chase talking. Jacen approached them. "So what are you two talking about?" Jacen asked

"You know, Nothing important."

"You're talking about me aint ya."

"As i said nothing important." Chase said with a smile.

"Come on we dock soon and i need to talk to you first."

"Lead the way."

Jacen turned back to emma and looked at her gun "remember only if you have to."

"You think you feel useless. It's my job to look after the crew of this ship. Usually I know what do but this has got me completely stumbed." She pulled out a chocolate bar and pealed off the rapper. "Hundreds of brilliant scientists have tried to find a cure and failed. Yet I hope to find a cure, I dont even have an IQ that even comes close to theres."

"IQ my big, hairy ass. One of my caretakers on Tatooine was a doctor working on a cure for that mineral and his IQ wasn't as big as yours." Graothar started. "He always said he was so close to the cure." He took a bite out of his sandwich(bacon, lettuce, tomato, salad dressing, pickles, salt, and oregono on sub buns). "The Sith killed him before he found a cure. He had 1 last mixture to test. He blasted it off to Onderon before he died." He took another bite outof his sandwich. "My life has always been filled with killing never done by me."

((ok i think we have done everything possible in this transit so lets land on the station.))

The Pheonix dropped out of hyperspace a few Klicks from the commercial space-station in deep space in the Outter-Rim. The Phoenix began to fly closer to the base.

Jacen walked into the Cockpit and took his seat as the comms console began to deep. Jacen hit the button causing a Holo-image of a twi'lek to appear.

"What is your buisness here." The Twi'lek asked in his own language.

"we are transporting an employee of Outter Rim Transports, Han slain." Jacen answered

"Ahh captain Nasai we have been expecting you, The Phoenix is cleared to dock in hanger 12... coordinates follow." The twi'lek said as the image faded.

Jacen turned to Groathar. "Earn your keep Groathar, take us in."

(Graothar is in the galley, starmark.)

Graothar heard Jacen and responded "OK, captain." He turned to Niomi. "I'll have to tell you more about it later, Niomi. Got to pilot the ship. If you want to learn more, meet me in my room." Graothar then ran as fast as he could to the cockpit. He sat down and started to pilot manually. He piloted the ship into the hanger with ease. "Piece of cake." he stated when he landed. He then went to his room and sat on the couch.

Scuzzy opened his eyes as he felt the Phoenix leave hyperspace. Out of instinct, Scuzzy quickly got up to grab his tools, but this time he stumbled forward. Catching himself on the wall, Scuzzy really began to feel lightheaded. D*** booze. Gotta lay off that bloody stuff, Scuzzy thought as he grabbed his tools and headed for engineering.

Reaching into his pocket, Scuzzy grabbed an injector filled with a stimulent. Stabbing it into his leg, he winced slightly as the needles quickly emptied the stim into his blood. Putting the injector away, Scuzzy started running checks on the engines.

"No you'll be needed for a fitting, and some training for your infiltration." Jacen told emma as he went to the intercom. "I need all crew to meet me outside the infirmary."

Jacen then went back to his seat and started pressing buttons on the console to his left. The Front loading ramp lowerd and Jacen looked out the front wondow, Chase was walking out of the cargohold into the hanger. "He's going to get Johns stuff... Come on hoff lets go to the infirmary."

Jacen saw Graothar arrive and go into the infirmary closely followed by Kin who proceeded to lean against the wall. As no one was around he moved closer to Kin and began to talk quietly.

"Kin i need you to do somthing for me but you won't like it, I want to help John and i will as long as there is a breath left in my body... but i won't risk the rest of the crew. I still need four of us to go on this mission into 'the bank', I'm still sending John in. Although there is somthing else in his head he is still... well John and this drug should help him maintain control. I want you to watch him and if his other self is going to do anything that will cause serious halm to Niomi or Emma... you know what you have to do, need i say more."

Jacen turned his head and saw Niomi standing yeah. "Damn It Niomi you have got to stop being so sneaky." Jacen proceeded to turn the rest of his body and stepped forward to talk forcefully. "Look this is my ship and i'm the captain what i say goes. John will be fine if you make sure he gets the drugs he needs while on the mission. I'm tusting you with this, it's more important than any other part of this mission. Now you're not going to let me down, Are you."

"There is always a risk of somthing going wrong... Hell thats half the fun of doing job... And we both know this thing is not a virus, hense not contageous... And If the drug don't work the condition is in its early stages so John is mostly in control anyway... And Kin will be watching John like an Acclay, He tries anything he'll be the dead one... But you will help prevent any of this from happening, Are we clear." Jacen said in an almost threatening mannor.

Chase clmbed up the ladder near the Infirmary and walked up towards The group he approached Jacen while carrying a metalic case.

"There are seven viles of the stuff, it can be put into a standard injector. One taken once a day, need to be injected into the main artery in the neck." Chase explained as he handed the Niomi the case and turned to Jacen. "The shuttle for onderon is preped and almost ready for your people to leave. We just need to get the fake I.Ds looking real and give then the work uniforms. There has been a problem however." Chase looked around the group. "can we talk somewhere more private?"

"Sure." Jacen said as he led the way down to the hanger. Once they arrived they stood by the front loading ramp. "So whats gone wrong?"

"The ship transporting the explosives and the rest of that drug you guys need has been misplaced."

"What."

"It was en-route here when we picked up a distress signal, they were attacked. Now we can get the explosives in time for when the phoenix has to leave, but as for the drug. It's not that common it has a single use and as the condition is extreamly rear it's not mass prodused. We cleared out the only two suppliers in the outer-rim,We can't get anymore for at least 3 months." Chase explained

Jacen thought for a few moments "Were was the last known location of the attacked ship."

"Major you can't go after it, It's proberly been destroyed."

"I'm going."

"Jacen What happened to John wasn't your fault."

"It happened while he was under my command. That makes it my responsibility."

Chase thought for a few moments. "This isn't about now is it, None of us saw it coming you have to stop blaming your self."

"I should have stopped it."

"Damn it major, It isn't your fault she died."

"Get off my ship." Jacen said with anger in his voice.

Chase began to walk away and without turning he shouted. "It's not your fault!"

Archived